PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Jimmy G set to play entire game Thursday

Status
Not open for further replies.

patsinthesnow

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
@AdamSchefter: Jimmy Garoppolo expected to start Thurs vs. Giants and play majority, if not all, of game, Bill Belichick confirmed through team spokesman.

@AdamSchefter: Even with Jimmy Garoppolo starting Thursday night, Patriots have not yet decided who will be their No. 2 QB.

@RapSheet: #Patriots are expected to hold QB Ryan Mallett out of the final preseason game, source says, as opportunities around @NFL become available

Time to end this, Jimmy G!

Last edited:
Yeah I hope JAG lights it up and BB decides to trade Mallett to STL for a 3rd and 7th.

I wonder if the Pats will insert Mallett for random "fire drill" series.

So long Mallett.

I take something different from this. Once the regular season starts, Brady is going to start taking almost all of the meaningful snaps in practice. Whoever is number 2 will take whatever is left, and the #3 guy will get very very little. If they view Mallett as the 2 (which I believe they do, since they chose him to do the surprise relief against Carolina), then they probably want Garrapolo to get as many snaps as he can now since he won't see much of anything in a week.

• Agree
Reactions: ALP
I'll admit it I was wrong about Mallett becoming the franchise QB here.
I'll admit I was wrong he was going to Houston for Andre Johnson.
I'll admit I was wrong he was being traded to Cleveland.
But I can't tell you how stoked I am about Jimmy G it's crazy to think we could of got the best 2 Qbs in the division and possibly the best out of this draft as well.
I still have dreams of Hackenberg being the franchise at some point.
However Jimmy G has looked like a poised veteran out there the game doesn't look to big for him he reminds me of a mix of Brees and Bulger.
It's not Tom but in time with a great D complimenting him this run may not end anytime soon to the chagrin of the rest of the league.
He's the kind of exciting young QB that makes McDaniels love his job.

@AdamSchefter: Jimmy Garoppolo expected to start Thurs vs. Giants and play majority, if not all, of game, Bill Belichick confirmed through team spokesman.

@AdamSchefter: Even with Jimmy Garoppolo starting Thursday night, Patriots have not yet decided who will be their No. 2 QB.

@RapSheet: #Patriots are expected to hold QB Ryan Mallett out of the final preseason game, source says, as opportunities around @NFL become available

Time to end this, Jimmy G!

Finish_Him.jpg

But I can't tell you how stoked I am about Jimmy G it's crazy to think we could of got the best 2 Qbs in the division and possibly the best out of this draft as well.
However Jimmy G has looked like a poised veteran out there the game doesn't look to big for him he reminds me of a mix of Brees and Bulger.
It's not Tom but in time with a great D complimenting him this run may not end anytime soon to the chagrin of the rest of the league.
And the moral of the story is......you overrate everything in a Patriot uniform?

Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheet
The #Patriots won’t deal Ryan Mallett until they feel comfortable in Jimmy Garoppolo as a backup. Thursday will tell a lot for them.

Woahhh - Easy on the kool-aid. Let's not put Jimmy G in Canton just yet. He's looked good in the preseason thus far, lets just keep it at that for now.

And the moral of the story is......you overrate everything in a Patriot uniform?
Honestly I bought into the Mallett hype I bought into huge arm, needed to grow up went to the best team he could of gone, learn behind the Goat, I loved the story I read about him how he wanted to play football with the bigger kids they gave him a hard time, tied him up as a prank and later on he spotted the one kid and rocketed a ball right at his face his dad said it was from about 30 or 40 yards away and this is when he was a kid.
So yes I wanted to see the best arm succeed with the best coach and wanted to see a ridiculous aerial attack on the NFL.
I was wrong looks like Jimmy G is more in the future plans than Mallett.
But I assume that Mallett will do well as a starter in this league a poor man's Philip Rivers or a rich mans Chad Henne.

With all due respect, I'd love to see this team playing so well that Garoppolo gets to play mop-up duty in every Q4. :D
I hear you. If this team is going in to "Eff You" mode like '07, then we'll see Brady in there to run up the score during those times. I think it would be sweeter if it was a backup QB that was running scores up, though.

lets be real here people.

Mallet didn't do anything WRONG in his time with the patriots, but unfortunately for him, Brady isn't done playing, and the pats just are not a team that's going to pay a backup qb the kind of money mallet is going to get offered in FA. This definitely is not a case where the pats drafted a qb and he was a bust.

Mallet did what he was brought in to do, be the clipboard "just in case" player, he never got in trouble, and there was never any drama around him.

Jimmy G is the new future, and from what we have seen that future is bright.

Ah, what a nifty bit of innuendo! He manages to imply that they're protecting Mallett from injury because a trade is in the works without actually saying so, so he can be proven right but not wrong. That's some good Twittering, Mr. Rappaport.
hats-off-salute-smiley-emoticon.gif

I wonder if the Pats will insert Mallett for random "fire drill" series.

I wonder if the Pats will insert Mallett for random "Fire sale" series.

studying.gif

Mallet didn't do anything WRONG in his time with the patriots, but unfortunately for him, Brady isn't done playing, and the pats just are not a team that's going to pay a backup qb the kind of money mallet is going to get offered in FA. This definitely is not a case where the pats drafted a qb and he was a bust.

Mallett had three ways to become the starter in New England:
(1) Convince Belichick that he's a better option than Brady, given projections of future cost, health, and ability.
(2) Replace Brady after Brady became physically unable to play.
(3) "Inherit" the spot after Brady retired.

(3) was never a viable option. (1) became impossible as soon as Brady signed his extension before last season. And, fortunately for Patriots fans but not for Mallett, (2) didn't happen, either.

I believe this development shows mallet is more likely the #2 then the opposite...now if jimmy has an out of this world game, diff story

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back