Welcome to PatsFans.com

Jimmy Carter

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by Harry Boy, May 23, 2006.

1. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +1,131 / 3 / -10

I never thought I would ever agree with ANYTHING that came out of this weasles mouth, but here it is, the only sensible thing the man has done in his life, he wants "PHOTO ID's FOR AMERICAN VOTERS TO COMBAT FRAUD" this would put a stop to dead people in Detroit & Chicago from voting.
    ------------------------

The Carter-Baker commissioners recognized that cost could be a barrier to some and thus recommended that identification cards be provided at no cost to anyone who needed one. They also argued that photo ID would make it significantly less likely that a voter would be wrongly turned away at the polls due to out-of-date registration lists or for more malicious reasons. In any case, the tacit acknowledgment by Mr. Carter and most of the other liberals on the commission that the integrity of the ballot is every bit as important as access to the ballot was a welcome one.

http://www.opinionjournal.com/diary/?id=110008411

2. BelichickFan

BelichickFan B.O. = Fugazi PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +780 / 18 / -23

#24 Jersey

Wow, stop the presses, I agree with Jimmuh on this one too :eek:

3. dryheat44

dryheat44 Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract

Ratings:
    +78 / 2 / -0

#75 Jersey

Quite possibly the finest man to occupy the White House in the last 100 years. Certainly the greatest ex-President since Washington and Jefferson's day.

4. BelichickFan

Ratings:
    +780 / 18 / -23

#24 Jersey

Wow. I have the same reaction to that as you would if I said the same about G W Bush.

Where's the PUKE emoticon ?

:violent:

5. dryheat44

Ratings:
    +78 / 2 / -0

#75 Jersey

I'm not endorsing him as a good President, much less a great one, but he's been IMO a fine example of a human being since he left office.

6. Blue Collar

Blue Collar 2nd Team Getting Their First Start

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Why is that..

7. Pujo

Pujo Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

Carter was a gentleman and a good person, and it made him a lousy President.

Bush is an idiot and and ass, and it makes him a lousy President.

8. BelichickFan

Ratings:
    +780 / 18 / -23

#24 Jersey

Well he was a bad President and an even worse ex-President, IMO of course, for going around the world and giving terrorists reason in their own minds for attacking us when Jimmuh validiates that they are right. He's giving them safe harbor, in their minds, that we are evil. We'll be better off when he's six feet under.

9. Michael

Michael Moderator Staff Member PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +59 / 0 / -0

#12 Jersey

I'm sure anyone in Israel would disagree. He was a terrible president and he can hammer all the nails into habitat houses for the camera he wants . It won't change my opinion of him.

If you want to combat fraud in voting get rid of the Diebold voting machines.

10. scout

scout Veteran Starter w/Big Long Term Deal

Ratings:
    +51 / 0 / -2

#15 Jersey

Since Jimmy Carter left the Presidency he has gone around the globe promoting democracy and voting rights. He has always mediated between conflicting parties, sometimes stopping violence (Haiti) before bombs would being dropped. Other presidents have used their powers after office to raise their personal capital and net worth. Nothing wrong with that, but not as noble as a person who spreads democracy. How anyone can find fault with his post-presidency is beyond me.

11. dryheat44

Ratings:
    +78 / 2 / -0

#75 Jersey

Exactly. No other President has done 1/10th of the public service in his post-presidency.

Going to Latin American countries to monitor elections.
    Being the main driver behind Habitat for Humanity.
    Promoting and fighting for human rights all over the world.
    Establishing many humanitarian relief programs for the third world.
    Working to establish health care in countries where none exists.
    Still teaches Sunday School.

12. Blue Collar

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

I thought he was caring human with his social causes... I did not know he told terrorist that we were evil, where do I find that info, so I can re-evaluate my opinion .

13. BelichickFan

Ratings:
    +780 / 18 / -23

#24 Jersey

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/08...103-7932931-1805415?s=books&v=glance&n=283155

This says is better than I can :

Book Description
    The Real Jimmy Carter reveals a man who has been given a dangerously free pass by historians, but who in reality is not only a failed ex-president, but as vindictive as he is egotistical, and a self-righteous busybody who leaves disaster in his wake.

From the Inside Flap
    Jimmy Carter: America's best ex-president? Only if you're not bothered by the resurgence of Islamic fundamentalist terrorism (which started on his watch), the shamefaced foreign policy of Bill Clinton and John Kerry (ditto), and think that ex-presidents should travel the world coddling dictators and bad-mouthing America à la Jesse Jackson. Jimmy Carter has been given a free ride from the liberal media, liberal historians, and even the American people, who excuse his political delinquencies and disasters on the grounds that he is a "good" man. But as bank robber Willie Sutton said of Carter: "I've never seen a bigger confidence man in my life, and I've been around some of the best in the business." It's time to set the record straight. Finally, an honest historian-Steven F. Hayward, author of The Age of Reagan-demolishes the myth of "Saint" Jimmy and exposes how he created today's leftist Democratic party of John Kerry and Hillary Clinton. Jimmy Carter's laundry list of failures aren't just accidents of history: They're rooted in Carter's deeply flawed character and ideology-a smugly pious arrogance matched with a profound distrust of America. The Real Jimmy Carter reveals: • Carter as meddling ex-president: Why a Time magazine columnist wrote that some of Carter's "Lone Ranger work has taken him dangerously close to the neighborhood of what we used to call treason" • How Carter befriended North Korea during the Clinton administration, appeasing the communist regime and giving it cover for its nuclear weapons program • How Carter made direct contacts with Soviet officials to try to subvert President Reagan's anti-communist policies • The shocking extent of Carter's clandestine efforts to sabotage the first Gulf War in 1990 and how he used Gulf War II to publicly question the Christian faith of America's commander in chief • How Carter befriended Yasir Arafat-making himself an enemy of Israel • Carter as politician: a vicious campaigner-and even race-baiter • The Carter White House during the disasters of the Sandinista takeover of Nicaragua, the energy crisis and stagflation, the Iranian revolution and hostage crisis, and the invasion of Afghanistan • How Carter, the failed president, remade himself as Carter the humanitarian and freelance foreign policy critic of America • How a Nobel official inadvertently revealed that Carter's Nobel Prize was actually meant as a slap at America The Real Jimmy Carter is a shocker, showing why the peanut president should never have left his farm.

14. dryheat44

Ratings:
    +78 / 2 / -0

#75 Jersey

I'm not concerned with the way a foreign nation judges our Presidents, just as Israel shouldn't be concerned with my ranking of their leaders. Let's leave the judging to the citizens of the country under rule.

Last edited: May 23, 2006
  15. dryheat44

Ratings:
    +78 / 2 / -0

#75 Jersey

Obviously written by a non-partisan.

16. BelichickFan

Ratings:
    +780 / 18 / -23

#24 Jersey

That's fine but no different, except a 180, from the "non partisons" in the media who laud him.

17. dryheat44

Ratings:
    +78 / 2 / -0

#75 Jersey

Naturally. But would you take a book on W's Presidency written by Michael Moore seriously?

18. Blue Collar

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Fair comparison:)

19. BelichickFan

Ratings:
    +780 / 18 / -23

#24 Jersey

I just used that description to portray the arguement against him, it was easier than typing it out myself. But when I hear Jimmuh's ramblings, from his own mouth, I am inclined to believe the basic premises listed.

20. JackBauer

JackBauer Pro Bowl Player

Ratings:
    +915 / 6 / -9

What a vile and reprehensible comment. Glad to see you were banned from KFFL; we're all better off because of it.