Welcome to PatsFans.com

Jimmy Carter: Bush Administration the 'Worst in History'

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by maverick4, May 20, 2007.

1. maverick4

maverick4 Banned

Ratings:
    +17 / 0 / -0

Carter also called out the British for being blindly subservient to the United States.
    The Bush Admin fired back by calling Carter 'increasingly irrelevant'.

Thoughts?
    Last edited: May 20, 2007
  2. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +663 / 2 / -9

I always thought Carter was the worst President and isn't he considered a "bigot" I read where many Jews consider him to be a hard line Anti Semite?

Didn't he report seeing a Flying Saucer:confused:
  3. Fogbuster

Fogbuster Rookie

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

No surprises at all, coming from the man who presided over America when the most nations went under communist rule in history. During Carter's very brief tenure, some 20 nations in Africa and Latin America went communist, the Philippines, Burma, and other Asian nations developed powerful communist insurgencies, and all the while Jimmy was telling us: "We need to overcome our 'inordinate' fear of communist." Carter was, hands down, the worst president America ever had.

//
  4. Patriot_in_NY

Patriot_in_NY Rookie

Ratings:
    +34 / 0 / -0

Ha Haha Hahaha HAhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahah

That's funny. If it's true, he mush be very relieved to have been unseated. He was by far and away the worst president {whose long term effects are known} in our history. I will give him this. On immigration alone, Bush will certainly unseat his honor in 10-15 years. Reality does say that a little time must pass before the long term effects of ones policy are known. Time with tell if he's right.

It's looking good so far.

** side note, for all you "the Administration is always wrong" types. They got this one right. Carter is irrelevant.
  5. BelichickFan

BelichickFan B.O. = Fugazi PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +509 / 13 / -11

#24 Jersey

It's one way to make people forget about your lousy Presidency I guess. I wonder what people would be saying if mortgage interest rates were 13-15% like they were with Jimmy :D
  6. mikey

mikey Rookie

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0

Harry..

If George Bush pushed through his amnesty for 15,000,000 illegal aliens, would you consider Bush to the be worst President ever??

7. PatsWSB47

PatsWSB47 Rookie

Ratings:
    +172 / 0 / -1

#12 Jersey

I'm not speaking for Harry here and I'm not happy with the amnisty either, but Bush is being criticised by a lot of amnesty proponents that he didn't go far enough, that he is anti-Mexican. Not to hijack the thread but what should Bush have done everyone? What is the right thing to do about the problem?
  8. Turd Furguson

Turd Furguson Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Its pretty classless that a former President levy this much criticism on a sitting President.
  9. QuiGon

QuiGon Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Jimmy Carter is the worst president in the history of the United States so he should STFU.
  10. mikey

mikey Rookie

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0

I agree with Jimmy Carter, George Bush is the worst ever.

Just ask the family of the 3,500 dead American soldiers.

11. mikey

mikey Rookie

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0

What is the right thing to do?

What about this: enforce the law.

12. Patriot_in_NY

Patriot_in_NY Rookie

Ratings:
    +34 / 0 / -0

All at one time, without securing the border (they aren't gonna). YES. in 10-15 years we'll be swimming in entitlements and there will either be one party majority, or one party majority with 2 factions. ALL of which will be bad for the country.

SECURE THE BORDER, than deal with the what's already here. Which would end up with "partial amnesty" but way more controlled both in the way it impact our society and economy. Everything starts at the border.

Anything outside of that VETO................
  13. wistahpatsfan

wistahpatsfan Rookie

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -1

#75 Jersey

I agree. This is very unusual, if not unprecedented. I don't know why he felt the need to make such a statement when it is already obvious to a large majority of the country that Bush is the worst president in US history.

For those that think Carter was the worst, can we have more examples of why? I get the interest rate thing, but to say the president controls the interest rates of anything flies in the face of free market principles. Am I wrong?
  14. QuiGon

QuiGon Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Typical liberal... no memory of the late 70's... it's like that time period never even happened for these people... :rolleyes:
  15. maverick4

maverick4 Banned

Ratings:
    +17 / 0 / -0

I'm not defending Carter, but the more I learn about national and world finance, the more I realize how much power institutions like the Fed Reserve and central banks have, in manipulating the health of a country's economy.
  16. wistahpatsfan

wistahpatsfan Rookie

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -1

#75 Jersey

Great answer! Nicely done!

Some people, when asked for a specific answer to a specific question, just point their fingers and hurl insults when their empty brains come up with nothing thoughtful or constructive. They claims someone's a liberal and have no memory of the 70's, while offering no memory of their own.

Great job! What would we do without great insightful responses?
  17. wistahpatsfan

wistahpatsfan Rookie

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -1

#75 Jersey

I'm not defending Carter, either. His presidency was relatively uneventful except for the Iran hostages and the invasion of Afghanistan by the Russians with the consequent boycott of the Olympics.
    I'm sure the White House has some control, but there are limits in a market economy, right? Otherwise, the rates are artificially controlled and the true health of the economy is not reflective of interest rates.
  18. wistahpatsfan

wistahpatsfan Rookie

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -1

#75 Jersey

Agree with both points.
    We already have a single party system, by the way. One side wears blue ties, the other, red.
  19. sdaniels7114

sdaniels7114 Rookie

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0

Funny, when Bush I said that the Fed failed to lower interest rates in time just before the 1992 election and that caused his to loss to Clinton he was really showing his stupidity.

Heck according to the righties here he could have just lowered the rates himself!

Maybe he should go down in history as the worst President?
  20. BelichickFan

BelichickFan B.O. = Fugazi PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +509 / 13 / -11

#24 Jersey

People blame Bush for gas prices. Same thing.