PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Jim Rome on the sack dance

Status
Not open for further replies.
How do you know what Jim Rome thinks?

He had a sub host today on his show and his TV show hasn't aired yet.

Jim Rome said 'Lost in all this is the fact that the Chargers lost the game.'

Ouch! I think he has hit on the truth of this whole matter.

The Chargers fans and team, and the media in general, was unprepared for the Pats to win, and their reaction en masse is to divert the topic and deflect blame.

As Rome mentions, if Merriman doesn't want to see other people do his dance, then he needs to stop doing his dance and nobody will have anything to copy.

Secondly, if you don't want them dancing on your logo, you need to defend your field.

Third, the Chargers dropped the passes and made the mistakes to lose.

I feel that this whole staged 'outrage' in the media and amoung the players is just a classless reflection on the Chargers. They don't even have a mechanism to deal with the fact that they lost, showing that they never really took the Pats seriously. That's what happens when you celebrate your victory before the game starts.

Grow up, Chargers! The outrage is that you lost the damn game!

Exactly...Winners win and losers whine!!!!

This whole thing is being blown way out of proportion. The bottom line is this.......if you're going to talk trash be ready to eat some crow if your smack talk happens to blow up in your face. How would you like your crow prepared, Mr. Merriman?

True, true true.

But, I'll put out the challenge again: Which of the other three winning teams this weekend acted like the Patriots did when they won?

Chargers have to live with themselves and own up to their loss. Patriot players ought to admit they were relieved to the point of having gone a tad bit overboard.

How did they act? They acted like every other friggin team! they ran on the field in celebration!

Here's a question for you! How did they Pats players act when they caught a ball or ran for a first down. Or how about when they made a tackle? How did they act when they scored the tying touchdown and the two-point conversion?

Huh MORON? How did they act? Did they jump around and do a dance? Did they get in anyone's face? Did they head-butt or do anything that hurt their team?

Come on man, at least ask the right questions!!!!

One or two players talkin sh*t isn't "a bunch of clowns". Drayton Florence ran his mouth and shouldn't have. Yesterday he gave you a first down by acting like a punk. Between the bulletin board material and a free first down in the 4th quarter, he ought to be your favorite Charger right about now.

I remember well. The difference is that I only want to call out the players or coach at fault rather than put it on an entire team.

So, you want to rip Ellis Hobbs? Go ahead. He's fair game. But it seems LT ripped the entire Patriot team and Belichick as well.

Me, I want to rip Merriman for leading the "Brady Sucks" chants. And Wade Phillips for what he said last year. I don't want to rip Florence. He's ok in my book. :p

I wonder what Mr. Shannon "Patriot Missiles" Sharpe thought about it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes