PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Jim Mora on NFLN

Status
Not open for further replies.

SVN

PatsFans.com Retired Jersey Club
Reaction score
After the SB today is the first time i caught the opening of NFLN while switching channels. The BB globe piece came up for discussion and the host ask ed mora if BB waited too long for this. Mora said BB handled it the right way to avoid distractions and gave whatever minimal statement was needed. Now he has come out and made many things clear which were unclear then. The host asked how much can this be useful and how this information can be used in a game. Mora says if the other team used the same signals and its called during the game and the coach saw it and relayed to the QB or the QB saw it directly(which is stretching this 'stretch' so to speak) then it can be a good adv but all things must remain same. The host said all this has to happen in 10-15 secs..
basically it seemed NFLN was taking a much less frenzier approach now maybe it is a league channel as supposed ESPN.
the video of this segement might be up the nfl site which i dont intend to visit.

Good response from Mora. Although the NFL would benefit the most if this story dies, so not a big surprise to see this kind of response on NFLN. Just surprised this counter opinion hasn't been brought up on the other networks for balance. What am I thinking??? :rolleyes:

It's like trying to count cards and the house knows you may be trying to do it so they should change the deck often.

If they don't then they deserve to be hustled(not that the Pats were hustling)

Personally do not like Mora, but glad he said something. Wish some of the other coaches would talk about the reality of stealing signals in the NFL, however as they fear the swift sword of Integrity, probably will not.

I know they were trying their best to spin it positively, but the IQ of the average NFLN employee thinking on their feet live just astounds me... Mora made it clear he understood on some level that these tapes were of use down the road, as in we played a division team like the JETS later on that season. Seemed to overlook the liklihood that the actual signals or caller WOULD BE CHANGED UNLESS YOU WERE STUPID as Goodell now frequently mentions Tuna informed him. Therefore, these tapings were never intended to help you figure out signs for the future so much as tendancies as to what was called situationally. BB is all about situational football, his and his opponents.

I was hoping the breathlessly over reacting Eisen and Marshall would be on to review/parse Bill's statement.

It's like trying to count cards and the house knows you may be trying to do it so they should change the deck often.

Wow, that is a great analogy! Never thought of it that way.

The whole thing has been way overblown. It was the perfect storm of scandals. I mean it literally made everything out of nothing.

- Catchy conspiracy sounding name ("Spygate", regardless if the whole thing took place out in the open) - check
- Two of America's biggest sports media markets involved, where they often like to make themselves part of the story? - check
- Two bitter rivals dating back to the Parcells saga - check
- The media playing on people not gathering information past the headlines? - check
- The team involved being inherently despised for being successful - check
- A coach who rightly believes he owes tabloid media members no favors, and those members hold a grudge - check
- A grandstanding senator whose 2nd biggest contributor is locked in a dispute with the league - check
- A commissioner trying to set an example that he's a no-nonsense leader - check
- A shady disgruntled employee waiting for the most opportune time to turn his grudge loose against the team - check.

Could go on and on. The bottom line. The team broke a silly league rule, that prior to the offense, carried no clear punishment.

The whole thing has been way overblown. It was the perfect storm of scandals. I mean it literally made everything out of nothing.

- A grandstanding senator whose 2nd biggest contributor is locked in a dispute with the league - check

Could go on and on. The bottom line. The team broke a silly league rule, that prior to the offense, carried no clear punishment.

I understand the biggest contributor to Spectre is the law firm that represents Comcast..

I like that analogy. At some point, it become's the house's obligation to simply not be stupid. By the same token, at some point it becomes the opposing team's obligation to switch up its signals, considering that stealing them, in general, is 100% legal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Back