Status
Not open for further replies.

mayoclinic

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
This according to ProFootballTalk:

ProFootballTalk.com - LEONHARD JOINS THE JETS

Supposedly it's just a "verbal agreement" at the moment, so not final. But the Jets seem to be continuing their move to become Ravens North.

Re: Jim Leonhard to Jets (?)

This according to ProFootballTalk:

ProFootballTalk.com - LEONHARD JOINS THE JETS

Supposedly it's just a "verbal agreement" at the moment, so not final. But the Jets seem to be continuing their move to become Ravens North.

jets are improving their defense a lot bringing in familiar players but ed reed gave them A LOT of flexibility to use the other 11 players on defense pretty creatively. remains to be seen how that works in nyj.

I really like Jim Leonhard, he's a return man too I believe. He reminds me of Welker, if Welker played defense.

Good signing for the Jets.

The guy's 5-foot-8. Randy Moss is smiling.

Maybe this will lite a fire in the belly of Vernon...

The guy's 5-foot-8. Randy Moss is smiling.

So is the safety on the Colts, I'm sure Randy doesn't smile about facing him. Not comparing them, but size doesn't matter. Unfortunately, The Jets have a secondary we wish we had. Revis, Sheppard, Leonhard & Rhodes are better than anyone we have.

Eric Smith must be pissed

So is the safety on the Colts, I'm sure Randy doesn't smile about facing him. Not comparing them, but size doesn't matter. Unfortunately, The Jets have a secondary we wish we had. Revis, Sheppard, Leonhard & Rhodes are better than anyone we have.

I think Meriweather is better than Sheppard or Leonhard. Though it's tough to compare a S to a CB in terms of value. That said, I'm not exactly sure how Sheppard compares to our CBs.

I'll take Merriweather and Hobbs over Sheppard and Leonard

So anyone of them is better than anyone we have. Damn than we just suck don't we. We should cut the lot of them and start from scratch.

Meriweather and Sanders are a whole lot better than Leonhard, and Meriweather will soon be getting to that level of Rhodes. I give them the edge at CB, but only because their guys are playmakers, which we seem to lack at that position, but lots of that also has to deal with the fact that we have a non-existent pass rush. Once we get to the QB, we'll see their numbers get better.

We don't have anyone as good as Revis, but Leonhard, Rhodes, and Sheppard are nothing special. I do like the Leonhard signing for the Jets, though; the guy's a good player. Looks like the Ravens, sans Ed Reed and Ray Lewis, are coming to the AFCE. We'll see how this works out.

Sanders is definately not better than Leonhard.

I think Meriweather is better than Sheppard or Leonhard. Though it's tough to compare a S to a CB in terms of value. That said, I'm not exactly sure how Sheppard compares to our CBs.

I think Sheppard is better than any of our corners, and he is the Jet's SECOND best corner. Add the fact that Rhodes is better than any of our safeties, and you basically have a much better secondary than ours. Meriweather looks good, and our rookie CB's played well at times, and should progress, but right now, the Jet's secondary is way better than ours with the additions of Sheppard & Leonhard. Overall their D might be better than ours. Harris and Scott in the middle is gonna be tough to face the next 10 years.

I think Sheppard is better than any of our corners, and he is the Jet's SECOND best corner.

Maybe three or four years ago.

I don't think, at this point, he's any better than Hobbs is. Revis is certainly better, though that's what you get for drafting a first-round CB :)

Add the fact that Rhodes is better than any of our safeties, and you basically have a much better secondary than ours.

Meh. Rhodes had one excellent year, but I didn't really see much from him last season.

I too think Merriweather is better than Sheppard or Leonhard. However, I thought Leonhard was/is a better player than Sanders. It's going to be interesting how much Leonhard is going to get from the Jets. If it is a similar contract than what Sanders received (3yrs/9 million), I wonder why the Pats never even brought Leonhard in for a look. Leonhard made a ton of plays for the Ravens last year.

So is the safety on the Colts, I'm sure Randy doesn't smile about facing him.

Bob Sanders is about 20 pounds of muscle heavier and hits like a freight train. His return was instrumental in the Colts winning the 2007 SB. Leonhard is no Sanders.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots