PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Jim Irsay arrested for DUI, possession of controlled substance

thenepatsrule

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
Not at all surprised, I always thought he would be arrested for TUI. Tweeting under the influence.

PRICELESS

irsay18n-1-web.jpg

If this was a relapse, that's indeed sad news.

Insofar as the NFL personal conduct policy INCLUDING owners, this will be a first for Goodell and it will be interesting to see how Goodell responds. If he does nothing, that will be a big mistake, IMO.

Now that he has been arrested, Will we bring him in for a looksie next year ?? :D

Bob Kravitz ✔ @bkravitz
I would doubt that Jim got popped for drinking. He says he hasn't had a drop in years. I'd bet the house it's drugs.

Kravitz is the most famous/notorious columnist in Indianapolis. If he tweeted that, it means something - - otherwise, he'd be facing one hell of a libel suit from a very rich man.

If this was a relapse, that's indeed sad news.

Insofar as the NFL personal conduct policy INCLUDING owners, this will be a first for Goodell and it will be interesting to see how Goodell responds. If he does nothing, that will be a big mistake, IMO.
Goodell cunning as he is will find some team to penalize for some very minor mistake and the media will blow it out of proportion and this incident will be swept under the rug.

Bob Kravitz ✔ @bkravitz
I would doubt that Jim got popped for drinking. He says he hasn't had a drop in years. I'd bet the house it's drugs.

Kravitz is the most famous/notorious columnist in Indianapolis. If he tweeted that, it means something - - otherwise, he'd be facing one hell of a libel suit from a very rich man.
Somewhere ....... Peyton is laughing his azz off
peyton-manning_1571920c.jpg

Given how wealthy he is, I think I know the drug he was busted with. He certainly doesn't looked hammered in the picture.

While it has been observed thousands of times, is there some reason these heavy drinking/partying/drug-using multi-millionaires cant or don't want to hire a full time driver??

I don't get it.

While it has been observed thousands of times, is there some reason these heavy drinking multi-millionaires don't want to hire a full time driver??

Any reason?

My very thought, Danger. In fact they should have full-time keepers.

While it has been observed thousands of times, is there some reason these heavy drinking multi-millionaires cant or don't want to hire a full time driver??

Any reason?
Have to go with a gumpism here.

"Stupid is as stupid does"

.....and that particular owner has more than a few "stupids" in his past. His life is Chris Farley in "Tommy Boy".

And suddenly that Trent Richardson deal makes a wholllllllle lot of sense.

And suddenly that Trent Richardson deal makes a wholllllllle lot of sense.

Damn it! You beat me to post my joke.

I'm taking credit for it anyway because I thought of it before you posted.

Bob Kravitz ✔ @bkravitz

Is telling people what you guess happened really libel? I have a hard time believing that it is considering how many people say they think Tom Cruise is gay but haven't been suffocated underneath an army of lawyers.

Is giving your opinion really libel? Serious, I don't know, IANAL.

Given how wealthy he is, I think I know the drug he was busted with. He certainly doesn't looked hammered in the picture.

Yeah I was thinking Jenkem too.

I'm sure that Irsay feels like he's above the law, and with his money he may be.

I'll be surprised if Goody the Jet does anything.

Substance abuse is a lot more complex than that. If he indeed struggles with issues around alcohol or other chemical intoxicants, I hope he gets the treatment he needs and I wish him well.

The only thing "stupid" he might have done is not use a few dollars of his many millions to have a full time driver.

I do, however, agree that Goodell should apply the NFL's policies in this regard in an unbiased manner consistent with the NFL's expectations of the owners and officers of its Franchises and consistent with the firmness with which players are treated. There can't be a double standard.

This thread probably belongs in another forum.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back