PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Jim Donaldson: Not enough for Cassel

Status
Not open for further replies.

SVN

PatsFans.com Retired Jersey Club
Reaction score
Jim Donaldson: Pats didn't get enough for Cassel and Vrabel | New England Patriots | projo.com | The Providence Journal

nothing new but the hyperbole and early overreaction to start the article is sadly predictable

Now we know who was the brains of the outfit.

Scott Pioli just outsmarted, outmanuevered, flat out committed grand larceny on one of his former employers, the Patriots of New England.

Matt Cassel and Mike Vrabel for a two?

Has he got pictures of Bill Belichick dressed up as a St. Louis Ram and taking part in practice the day before Super Bowl XXXVI in the Louisiana Superdome? Does he have financial info Robert Kraft wouldn’t want the IRS to know?

He has to have some leverage nobody knows about. Otherwise, why would the Patriots let Cassel go for a two, and then throw in Vrabe to sweeten the deal?

Re: Jim Donaldson:Not enough for cassel

Yeah, I saw that earlier and figured Borges was busy copying and pasting a column that will surely garner it's own thread in a few hours.

"“I look at Cassel and I think Scott Mitchell,” one longtime NFC personnel man said yesterday. “That’s who I see.”"

Bill Belichick doesn’t deliver friendly favor - BostonHerald.com

"“That was the best deal they could get for him. I wouldn’t be surprised if that was the only deal. In talking with teams, I couldn’t find anyone interested in him, to be honest with you,” said former NFL general manager and current NFL Network analyst Charlie Casserly."

Patriots package Matt Cassel - BostonHerald.com

There's one thing we can be certain of. The media will always think they know better than BB. :rolleyes:

Yeah, I saw that earlier and figured Borges was busy copying and pasting a column that will surely garner it's own thread in a few hours.
Read my top link from the previous post, Borges actually had quotes favoring the Patriots here. He's an unpredictable man that Ronny :)

Anybody else wondering if these are the same village idiots who would be saying the Patriots front office has issues if the team demanded more in return and was forced to pay Cassel as a backup if no team bit?

"“I look at Cassel and I think Scott Mitchell,” one longtime NFC personnel man said yesterday. “That’s who I see.”"

"“That was the best deal they could get for him. I wouldn’t be surprised if that was the only deal. In talking with teams, I couldn’t find anyone interested in him, to be honest with you,” said former NFL general manager and current NFL Network analyst Charlie Casserly."

Omg I can't believe a Scott Mitchell line was just thrown out there! lololol maybe? Now I'm hoping so.

OMFG................. My take all along pretty much mirrors Borges. I think I just threw up in my mouth a little bit.

Read my top link from the previous post, Borges actually had quotes favoring the Patriots here. He's an unpredictable man that Ronny :)
Ha ha, you're right! The guy is a chameleon. Every time I expect something negative, he writes something positive - and vice - versa.

I love the last line of Borges' article, quoted from an unnamed source:

"Bill Belichick wouldn’t do his mother a favor,” one NFL insider scoffed yesterday. “Anybody who looks at this deal and thinks he did doesn’t know him. Or the guys he just traded.”

So because KC was the only team offering for Cassel, Pioli managed to strongarm Bill into giving up Vrabel as well?:rolleyes:

So because KC was the only team offering for Cassel, Pioli managed to strongarm Bill into giving up Vrabel as well?:rolleyes:

or maybe even before pioli left NE they had decided to let vrabel go so he knew about this and asked BB to add him in instead of releasing and him going to jets or browns for e.g.

Omg I can't believe a Scott Mitchell line was just thrown out there! lololol maybe? Now I'm hoping so.

i kinda hoping cassel does well. he is good people.

or maybe even before pioli left NE they had decided to let vrabel go so he knew about this and asked BB to add him in instead of releasing and him going to jets or browns for e.g.

I actually think this is likely. And I find it odd nobody is saying it.

Jim Donaldson is a lazy reactionary writer, who does not do his homework and lacks the intelligence to look at a big picture.. sometimes I try to read his articles, but soon dismiss them as mindless dribble of the idle press..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots