PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Jim Brown: Stallworth also on marijuana

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jim Brown is one of my top all time NFL Faves, but not sure why he said this stuff... thought there was confidentiality involved in all of this NFL Drug stuff???

Then he goes into a rant about the fatherless hip hop culture, remember when Jim Brown ran afoul of the law a few times in his youth.

Has cleaned up his act and is now a real leader, but it seems as though he gave out too much information.

Agreed - I'd trust Jim Brown's word sooner than a lot of other guys, but how does he know this when no one else leaked it? I find it hard to believe that this wouldn't have come out sooner if it was true. And then why wouldn't they have charged him with it? (Or does DUI cover pot as well as booze?) In this day and age stuff like this just doesn't stay secret anymore.

Like some years ago, someone I worked with claimed they knew someone who knew someone who heard that Dennis Green was a child molester when he was the Vikings coach but the team and the cops were able to keep it quiet. I find that very hard to believe.

Like anyone who knows anything about the NFL, I stand in awe of Jim Brown, of what he accomplished on the field and of what he stands for off the field. But, if he doesn't have hard evidence, he shouldn't be speculating and saying things like this about a player who's already in a world of trouble.

What good does it do? The law enforcement and judicial process has already made a determination. If Brown is right about this aspect of Stallworth's behavior, the league already knows about it and will deal with it. If he's wrong, he's kicked a guy who's already down (and deservedly so!) on his own merits and doesn't need to have his nose rubbed in it.

Back in my younger days I toked a fair amount, and I knew plenty of people who actually enjoyed driving on the stuff, but that was never my thing, I guess for the same reason why I don't drink and drive. Even if I *think* I'm fine, I just never saw the point in chancing it.
The last time I toked, well over twenty years ago, I heard David Brudnoy on WBZ 1030 am say the Latin expression "primus inter pares" or first among equals.

I thought it was absolutely delightful as I drove 35 MPH in a 50 MPH zone.

Really stupid.

Everyone smokes marijuana, so i wouldn't doubt it.

Its just a matter of time when President Obama legalizes it... Im counting down, lol...

I know Mass somewhat decriminalized it!! Instead of getting arrested you get a fine!! CT is working on the same plan as well!! They should legalize it!! Its safer than cigs, alcohol, and prescription drugs!! There has been more deaths by alcohol and cigs then what marijuana has done!! God made pot man made beer, who do you trust?

Its just a matter of time when President Obama legalizes it... Im counting down, lol...

correct me if i'm wrong, but i think that it's up to the states to legalize or decriminalize possession of such substances.

correct me if i'm wrong, but i think that it's up to the states to legalize or decriminalize possession of such substances.

I'm sorry but, given current constitutional interpretation, you're wrong:

First and foremost: Marijuana, for any use, is illegal under federal law. Even if you live in a state that has enacted legislation or passed a ballot initiative that recognizes marijuana's medical utility you are subject to arrest by federal officials for possession or cultivation of marijuana.

The Controlled Substances Act classifies cannabis as a Schedule I drug and defines it as a drug "with no accepted medical value in treatment." Despite its long history of use as a medication, cannabis is classified as a "new drug" and legal access is only possible through an Investigational New Drug Application (IND) issued by the Food and Drug Administration (FDA).

Federal & State Law

I won't get into the Constitutionality issues, because that would take this into the sewer of the political forum, but as it currently stands, it's a federal issue that's overridden states' authority.

I'm sorry but, given current constitutional interpretation, you're wrong:

Federal & State Law

I won't get into the Constitutionality issues, because that would take this into the sewer of the political forum, but as it currently stands, it's a federal issue that's overridden states' authority.

thanks for the clarification.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back