PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Jim Brown: Stallworth also on marijuana

Status
Not open for further replies.

pats1

PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
ProFootballTalk.com - Jim Brown Suggests That Marijuana Was Involved In Stallworth Accident

“This situation is a tragedy all around, but what was involved was alcohol and marijuana,” Brown said. “On one hand, DUI is a very serious thing in America. Marijuana of course is against all the rules.”

Brown explained that he has some “inside information that says that that was also a part of what was detected,” presumably in the blood test imposed on Stallworth. Brown said he’s not “100 percent sure” that this is true, but Brown said he spoke with a ” very reliable source” who shared this information.

Way to wreck a decent career over night. I actually liked this guy when he played for us, its just to bad he couldnt get anything done in cleveland.

Hell, if I was forced to move to Cleveland, I'd start drinking too.

It's like Yakov Smirnov said during one of his interviews after moving to America from the old Soviet Union. "Every country has that one city that everyone hates, and blames for all the bad things that happens. In America, it's Cleveland. In the USSR, it's also Cleveland."

heh... :rolleyes:

Just beccause he had weed dectected in his blood test doesnt mean he was high at the time. Weed can stay in your system for up to 30 days after you last smoked it.

Jim Brown is one of my top all time NFL Faves, but not sure why he said this stuff... thought there was confidentiality involved in all of this NFL Drug stuff???

Then he goes into a rant about the fatherless hip hop culture, remember when Jim Brown ran afoul of the law a few times in his youth.

Has cleaned up his act and is now a real leader, but it seems as though he gave out too much information.

Jim Brown is one of my top all time NFL Faves, but not sure why he said this stuff... thought there was confidentiality involved in all of this NFL Drug stuff???

Then he goes into a rant about the fatherless hip hop culture, remember when Jim Brown ran afoul of the law a few times in his youth.

Has cleaned up his act and is now a real leader, but it seems as though he gave out too much information.

Thanks Darryls, thinking along the same lines.
WTF? Sometimes, I get all the James Brown's confused, even tho one is dead now. But, didn't this guy used to beat up on his wife, just saying. Then, what's with the piling on? Had Stallworth been exclusively smoking vs drinking maybe he misses the guy as he's five minutes behind time. Honestly, I'm more shocked that Brown comes out with this information then that Stallworth had smoked pot.

In his youth? Brown was arrested for domestic violence as late as 1999, which was hardly the first time it happened. He was arrested for raping a 22 year old in 1986. For a guy who has a penchant for raping women and beating his wives and girlfriends, he sure likes to stand on the soapbox.

In his youth? Brown was arrested for domestic violence as late as 1999, which was hardly the first time it happened. He was arrested for raping a 22 year old in 1986. For a guy who has a penchant for raping women and beating his wives and girlfriends, he sure likes to stand on the soapbox.

Am aware of it, but he has found "God" recently, as he is founder of the Amer-I-Can program and does a lot of work with city folks.. he will always be my all time favorite, he played football at a hard ass time and played it hard all the time.

Jim Brown needs to shut the hell up.

Am aware of it, but he has found "God" recently, as he is founder of the Amer-I-Can program and does a lot of work with city folks.. he will always be my all time favorite, he played football at a hard ass time and played it hard all the time.

well, if he has "found god" then that clearly explains the soapbox.

Good point, because atheists and people who don't talk from a more religious standpoint never get preachy or arrogant about anything. :rolleyes:

Yes, because you can't be a blowhard on a soap box unless you're religious.

There's NEVER been an atheist that likes to get up on a soap box and force his beliefs down your throat.... oh wait... I forgot we live in Massachusetts.

Remember folks, you can beat people over the head with your beliefs all you like... just leave God out of it.

The part about the "hip hop culture" looks to me like it might have been the result of a question. I doubt Brown brought it up himself, it might have been a question asked by Dan LeBatard. It's nothing new from him either, I recall previous interviews where he's been preaching similar stuff about culture.

Good point, because atheists and people who don't talk from a more religious standpoint never get preachy or arrogant about anything. :rolleyes:

There's NEVER been an atheist that likes to get up on a soap box and force his beliefs down your throat.... oh wait... I forgot we live in Massachusetts.

Remember folks, you can beat people over the head with your beliefs all you like... just leave God out of it.
There's a faulty logic here. Just because a small percentage of the general population tend to spout off does not mean it is incorrect to say that a "born again" folk is likely to preach from a soapbox.

People who have newly found God aren't the only ones who get righteous and hyporcitically spout off against things they used to do, but they are Probowl soapboxers, and can make even politicians look like practice squad JAG soapboxers.

And there are MANY religous people that shove their beliefs down ALL others...wait...THAT is what it is like in a LOT of the country.....in fact most. TGFM...

Just beccause he had weed dectected in his blood test doesnt mean he was high at the time. Weed can stay in your system for up to 30 days after you last smoked it.

Yea i agree!! Besides if he was smoking pot and driving he wouldnt of hit that person with his car!! Pot makes you more aware of whats going on around you and you tend to slow down with pot!! Alcohol kills not pot!!

how the hell do you get 30 days for killing someone while driving under the influence of pot and alcohol ?

how the hell do you get 30 days for killing someone while driving under the influence of pot and alcohol ?

He was under the influence of alcohol!! He might have had pot in his system, but pot wont make you run someone over. If he was under the influence of pot he would of been going 10 mph!!

To say pot has NO effect on driving is ridiculous. I'm an everyday toker, I drive fine when I'm stoned. Why? Because I have an everyday toker's tolerance. I damn sure wouldn't get behind the wheel of a car when I was a younger youth smoking.

It's like comparing a man and a boy to drinking. The boy will be gone, the grown man will be chilling. What if stallworth was an occasional user, not an everyday user and was feeling drowzy behind the wheel? When you're overpowered by marijuanna, that can happen.

Again, I smoke everyday. I fully support marijuanna. However to act like it could NEVER cause a car accident to ANYONE is beyond short sighted. I'm not trying to argue, just saying. But yes, more than likely it was in Stallworth's blood from before. It stays in for at least 30 days.

Also, if he was stoned, I'd worry more about the fact he was drunk as **** when he hit that guy. I seriously doubt marijuanna could have CAUSED the accident, possibly it could've contributed , but not cause it. Hey a lot of Nyquil could do the same thing, we don't consider that a bad drug.

The whole thing just sucks. Sucks to see someone die, and sucks to see someone throw their life away. However, you can't tell me somebody didn't save Stallworth. If I killed somebody while being hammered and I got a freaking MONTH (We have people doing YEARS for drugs! I love this country) I'd honestly crap my pants. That man was saved, no doubt.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes