Welcome to PatsFans.com

Jilted ex-boyfriend puts up abortion billboard

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by Real World, Jun 7, 2011.

1. Real World

Real World Moderator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +249 / 3 / -2

Now this is interesting.

Jilted ex-boyfriend puts up abortion billboard

By Associated Press
    Tuesday, June 7, 2011 - Added 3 hours ago

ALAMOGORDO, N.M. — A New Mexico man’s decision to lash out with a billboard ad saying his ex-girlfriend had an abortion against his wishes has touched off a legal debate over free speech and privacy rights.

The sign on Alamogordo’s main thoroughfare shows 35-year-old Greg Fultz holding the outline of an infant. The text reads, "This Would Have Been A Picture Of My 2-Month Old Baby If The Mother Had Decided To Not KILL Our Child!"

Fultz’s ex-girlfriend has taken him to court for harassment and violation of privacy. A domestic court official has recommended the billboard be removed.

But Fultz’s attorney argues the order violates his client’s free speech rights.

Jilted ex-boyfriend puts up abortion billboard - BostonHerald.com
  2. Holy Diver

Holy Diver Rookie

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0

Thats some cold blooded $#!t.

This dude is a pile of horse crap. She should put up a bilboard next to his saying his penis is the size of a thumb tack, and genuinly lacks respect or undestanding for women. She is shocked that his tack-penis actually got her pregnant in the first place.
  3. patsfan13

patsfan13 Hall of Fame Poster PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +115 / 7 / -10

He is a jerk, she should be glad to be rid of him. The baby couldn't be reached for comment.
  4. chicowalker

chicowalker Rookie

Ratings:
    +147 / 2 / -1

Interesting story indeed. thanks, RW

I understand him being pissed, if all the facts are as he claims. Men really don't have rights in this situation, which is pretty much how it has to be.

I think he's a dirtbag for taking this approach, but I think harrassment and invasion of privacy probably are legal stretches, since it doesn't say her name.
  5. PatriotsReign

PatriotsReign Rookie

Ratings:
    +152 / 1 / -10

I concur the guy is an arse.

But you bring up a good point regarding the father's feelings in cases of abortion. Maybe there are so many db guys out there that we don't see it brought up much.

But I'm sure or many men, having their child aborted is a very painful experience if he wants the child or doesn't believe in abortion.

It is a valid point that should be discussed.
    Last edited: Jun 7, 2011
  6. chicowalker

chicowalker Rookie

Ratings:
    +147 / 2 / -1

absolutely. Ideally a man and a woman would discuss it together and reach a decision together.

But I think men often get screwed in situations like this. Plenty of women get screwed over by dirtbag men, but we hear a lot about it and few people sanction those men's behavior.

But how about women who get pregnant and don't tell the fathers, or tell the fathers they don't want them involved? As far as I'm concerned, that's kidnapping.

(getting OT, I realize)
  7. wistahpatsfan

wistahpatsfan Rookie

Ratings:
    +11 / 0 / -0

Poor kid. He was screwed out of an awesome life of love and nurturing in a really nice trailer park in the desert, I'm sure.

..........WHAT!
  8. patsfan13

patsfan13 Hall of Fame Poster PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +115 / 7 / -10

Or he could have been adopted by a couple that would love to nurture a child.
  9. wistahpatsfan

wistahpatsfan Rookie

Ratings:
    +11 / 0 / -0

True. I was just kidding. Adoption is close to me and it's a great thing. Too bad so few use it as an option.
  10. Real World

Real World Moderator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +249 / 3 / -2

At first I thought by "cold Blooded $#!t" you were referring to the woman having her baby shop vac'd, but ah....I see.

Why shouldn't men have any rights is what I wonder. As well as why he is a dirtbag, as opposed to the person who shop vac'd the unborn child.

Why is he an arse?

I agree that this is worth discussing. I don't know what the answers are, and am not even sure there is one. It's an interesting topic though.

I agree for the most part, which makes me wonder why you earlier said men shouldn't have rights in these situations. Maybe it's a matter of how any "rights" would be administered. I'm just questioning for the point of discussion. I don't have the answers either.

----------------------------------

I applaud the guy in a sense. Obviously I don't know the intricate details of the situation, but for the point of discussion, why not have the kid and let the "father" have him? Maybe that was discussed, who knows. Maybe she medically couldn't have it, again who knows. Assuming for the POD, I think it kinda sucks that a man can be considered responsible for paying for a child when his johnson helps to produce one, but is considered irrelevent when it comes to having that child shop vac'd in the womb. I don't know or have the answers to any of this, as I'm merely spouting for the POD.
  11. The Brandon Five

The Brandon Five Rookie

Ratings:
    +87 / 0 / -1

#75 Jersey

More "surplus population" avoided! Ebeneezer FTW!
  12. Mrs.PatsFanInVa

Mrs.PatsFanInVa PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +317 / 8 / -3

#12 Jersey

A little bit of "digging" and it seems the facts are NOT as he claims:

Fultz, 35, claims that Lawrence was pregnant with his child during their six-month relationship last year. He admits that when the relationship ended, the baby was lost, but he does not know whether it was due to an abortion or a miscarriage. Fultz says that Lawrence would not tell him what happened.

In the originally cited article it also states that the woman's friends all say that she had a miscarriage and not an abortion.

Well, not any more it doesn't.

The original billboard had two endorsements that have since been removed. The first was from N.A.N.I., an organization Fultz created for pro-life issues that stands for National Association for Needed Information. The acronym also happens to be his ex-girlfriend's first name.

After a few weeks, Fultz removed N.A.N.I. due to the controversy distracting people from the intended message, he says.

He also lost an endorsement when a pro-life group who originally lent their name to his billboard found out he didn't know if his girlfriend had an abortion or a miscarriage.

A pro-life organization called Right to Life New Mexico had also originally endorsed Fultz's billboard and given their permission for him to use their logo. However, they pulled their endorsement when they discovered that Fultz was unsure whether Lawrence had an abortion or miscarriage.

Abortion Billboard Lands New Mexico Man In Court With Ex-Girlfriend - ABC News
  13. chicowalker

chicowalker Rookie

Ratings:
    +147 / 2 / -1

I didn't say men shouldn't have rights, I said it's how it has to be.

My own view, as I stated, is that a man and woman should make the decision jointly. But if there's disagreement, in the end one or the other has veto power -- I think it has to be the woman.

He's a dirtbag because this isn't how personal matters should be handled, imo

The doctor is not because depending on when the abortion took place, I don't think there was an unborn child. (And that's taking his stance as accurate, as opposed to the possibility mentioned in the article that she miscarried)

I agree.

My own view is that, if the man and woman disagree about having a baby, and can't reach some sort of compromise (as you mention, her carrying it to term and him taking responsibility for it), they should have the option of being involved as a parent and having the financial responsibility.

I agree with you that, if women can decide to terminate against men's wishes, men shouldn't at the same time be forced into financial support for 18 years (or more) in situations where he wants to terminate and she doesn't.

Now, I'm confident that someone will jump in and say that the man knows the risks when he decides to have sex. and this is true. But the woman does, too. What I'd like to see is equal treatment.

(Granted, this then brings into question what's best for the baby. But imo, that's something the man and woman should be thinking about, not our government. maybe I'm wrong about that, though -- I could be swayed, given how stupid many "adults" are.)
  14. Holy Diver

Holy Diver Rookie

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0

Whoah....

I wanna piledrive this guy in the worst way!

this guy is about as low as it gets. thisw is about the worst thing a woman can go through...and he puts it on a billboard saying she got an abortion??????

Lowest of the Low ... John Edwards, reportedly, is even calling this guy an a-hole.
  15. chicowalker

chicowalker Rookie

Ratings:
    +147 / 2 / -1

like I said, dirtbag...

(I wonder if it was even his...)

OT: btw, it just occurred to me -- as far as we know, are you the only woman who posts here regularly?
  16. IcyPatriot

IcyPatriot ------------- PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +477 / 2 / -10

#87 Jersey

i agree ... not sure there is a solution but it must be painful for those who treasure life based on their opinion.
  17. Mrs.PatsFanInVa

Ratings:
    +317 / 8 / -3

#12 Jersey

Currently, on the political board, I think so. There used to be a woman named "Leave No Doubt" who posted here regularily but I haven't seen her around in months.

Honestly, it's not real conductive to sticking around for females here - at least not for liberal ones, anyhow. Too much "honey," and "princess," and "get in the kitchen and make me some eggs," and odd remarks about Summer's Eve and Summer's Breeze and references like MrsDB to make it worth while.

Here, like in most male dominated areas, a woman has to be pretty secure and pretty stubborn to stick around.

Fortunately for you guys, I am both of those things.

:D:D:D:D
  18. chicowalker

chicowalker Rookie

Ratings:
    +147 / 2 / -1

well, it's not like female-dominated areas are any better :)
  19. Mrs.PatsFanInVa

Ratings:
    +317 / 8 / -3

#12 Jersey

Oh touché!!!

When I first moved here I once spent some time backstage with a friend of MrP's who was a stripper --- yikes!!!! Talk about backstabbers!!!
  20. chicowalker

chicowalker Rookie

Ratings:
    +147 / 2 / -1

ah, strippers... yes, they do tend to have some issues (or so I'm told...)

which is shocking, really...