Welcome to PatsFans.com

JFK Makes Santorum Want to "Throw Up."

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by Mrs.PatsFanInVa, Feb 27, 2012.

1. Mrs.PatsFanInVa

Mrs.PatsFanInVa PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +349 / 8 / -3

#12 Jersey

Not only is Obama a "snob" for wanting all kids to be able to get a college education - a comment Santorum insists is liberal code-speak for "indoctrination," he also says that JFK's stance on the 1st Amendment makes him want to "throw up."

Rick Santorum Attacks John F. Kennedy Over Church And State Ahead Of Michigan Primary 2012

Never mind, of course, that Kennedy never said anything about faith in the public square.

What he did say:

He's not the last president to feel that way, either....

Ronald Reagan 1984

Santorum's JFK story makes me want to throw up - Rick Santorum - Salon.com
  2. Patsfanin Philly

Patsfanin Philly Rookie

Ratings:
    +29 / 0 / -0

#95 Jersey

Everything in context. JFK's speech was from a time when he had to dispel the myth that he would take orders from the Vatican as a Catholic. By setting out a 'firewall' between church and state, he was signalling to all that he would depend the Constitution first and foremost as President and be beholden to no religion. Fifty years later, we face somewhat of the same dilemma as there are those would not vote for Romney because of his religion, as polls have indicated.
  3. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +175 / 5 / -21

I agree about the Context, but this guy is pissing off just about every demographic with his pandering to the extreme religious right..

Compare this to the Harry Boy thread...
  4. Holy Diver

Holy Diver Rookie

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0

This guy is truly a gift from god, though not the one he thinks he is.

Thanks for another 4 years, Ricky!

Oh, and note to you (Ricky Santeez) for some light reading after you have some serious OFF-TIME after November :

Separation of church and state in the United States - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Believing with you that religion is a matter which lies solely between man and his god, that he owes account to none other for his faith or his worship, that the legitimate powers of government reach actions only, and not opinions, I contemplate with sovereign reverence that act of the whole American people which declared that their "legislature" should "make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof," thus building a wall of separation between church and State. Adhering to this expression of the supreme will of the nation in behalf of the rights of conscience, I shall see with sincere satisfaction the progress of those sentiments which tend to restore to man all his natural rights, convinced he has no natural right in opposition to his social duties.

-Thomas Jefferson

TJ must also make Sanitorium 'throw up'

idiot.
  5. Mrs.PatsFanInVa

Mrs.PatsFanInVa PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +349 / 8 / -3

#12 Jersey

Somehow I don't think Santorum, who wrote the following in a 2007 newspaper article,
    is sharing your concern.

On the contrary - I think he's counting on it.

Rick Santorum Called Mormonism 'Dangerous Cult' In Minds Of 'Some Christians' In 2007
    Last edited: Feb 27, 2012
  6. Patsfanin Philly

Patsfanin Philly Rookie

Ratings:
    +29 / 0 / -0

#95 Jersey

Somehow I don't think he shares a lot of my concerns on a whole host of issues!!!!!!
  7. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +175 / 5 / -21

For me substitute "none' of for 'whole host'... this guy is in the engineers seat of the right wing crazy train..
  8. khayos

khayos Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

JFK commenting on religious values being taken as something serious... that's just rich.
  9. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +331 / 1 / -9

Santorum is a moron, he is destroying himself.

I wonder if JFK used to go to Confession--------:singing:

Blessed Is The Fruit Of The Womb

God Willing
  10. scout

scout Rookie

Ratings:
    +36 / 0 / -2

#15 Jersey

Actually he wasn't, that was your spin so you could post. JFK kept religion and politics separate, as he said he would. Santorum takes exception to that. That is what the thread is about.
  11. Patsfanin Philly

Patsfanin Philly Rookie

Ratings:
    +29 / 0 / -0

#95 Jersey

What the Founding Fathers had seen and Madison tried to incorporate in the Constitution was a separation to prevent the kind of religious tyranny that had affected many European countries. It has worked for 225 years with some glitches but Sen. Santorum needs a history ( world history as well as US) lesson...