Welcome to PatsFans.com

JFK Assassinated by a Right-Winger in Dallas

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by State, Aug 25, 2009.

1. State

State Rookie

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

#70 Jersey

Actually, he was a left-winger, a self-described Marxist who had earlier taken a sniper shot at a right wing, John Birch Society figure.

Yep, Lee Harvey Oswald was not what people think of him as.

But it was very useful for the left to talk of the conservative "climate of fear" in Dallas, which purportedly led to the tragic assassination.

And it killed the liberalism that JFK espoused in, for example, "a rising tide lifts all boats." It's amazing to learn that he endorsed a Reaganesque tax cut that helped spur the economy in the 1960s.

Here's how liberalism became darker, more sinister in the aftermath:
    Link: The Day the Music Died

I've seen this dark side of liberalism again and again on this board. For example, in the arrest of Skip Gates, the charge of endemic racism was put forth, regardless of the fact that the entire power structure, from the Cambridge mayor to the governor of Massachusetts to the nation's attorney general, are filled by blacks. Structural racism indeed.

Another example would be the idea we should be to regulate (aka, quality control) the immigrants we allow into the country, as Real World has taken a lot of abuse arguing for. As if in our post-industrial economy we profit from a horde of under- or un-educated//low- or un-skilled immigrants.

How many more laborers cutting grass and manning the booths of McDonaldses do we need?

And it influences the health care debate. Rather than giving people choice with medical savings account in addition to covering everyone in catastrophic health insurance, we have to have a DMV approach with bureaucrats making critical decisions.

Affirmative action? That's the ultimate new liberalism approach that both hurts its intended beneficiaries (check out the black MIT drop-out rate//the rate of the passing of the bar of newly graduated black law graduates) and discriminates against the soon-to-be-erased majority.

And that's another thing liberalism champions: making the USA a majority non-white country. That's supposed to be a good thing. I think it'll be a bad thing, though I do love the Thai restaurants. In fact I find the notion that arguing in favor of the culture and people to remain historically white and Christian is not a racist or exceptional one. I know it's not bien pensant, but what other country would tolerate what white America has for forty years? Do you think the Ivory Coast in Africa, for example, would tolerate millions of white Frenchmen moving in year after year, displacing the population and become a majority over time? Ah, no.

I'm sure there are many more examples. That's why Obama is so deceitful. He campaigned as an optimistic sort, but is governing as a pessimistic one, with one jam down after another as if he only has a small window of opportunity to remake America. And that's fundamentally indecent of him.

Here's Piereson's book Camelot and the Cultural Revolution: How the Assassination of John F. Kennedy Shattered American Liberalism I'll be reading it soon.
  2. Fogbuster

Fogbuster Rookie

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

Presidents used to die every 20 years in the first 180 years -- look it up -- but since Kennedy nobody has died in office. Well, Clinton self-destructed but that doesn't count.

A lot of good guy presidents died, most notably Abraham Lincoln. Couldn't ask for a more stand-up guy, yet he was slaughtered while watching a play at Ford's Theater in DC. Damn ideologues.

//
  3. godef

godef Rookie

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0

State, we finally see your true colors. Are you a white supremacist or just another neo-Nazi hate mongerer? Damn those slave holders for bringing black blood into our gene pool, they really muddied the waters, didn't they? :rolleyes:
  4. apple strudel

apple strudel Banned

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0

He won't answer your question because he's a link and run type guy. He has to be because his ideas don't stand up under even the lightest scrutiny.
  5. PressCoverage

PressCoverage Banned

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0

You just damned yourself. Odd.

Regardless, it's interesting you'd take such a ho-hum reflection on presidential deaths. What an American.

Hurricanes come "due.".... Assassinations are never "due."
  6. PressCoverage

PressCoverage Banned

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0

James Files was a liberal mobster? Wow... Who knew?

Anyhow, thanks for confirming what the entire forum knew from your first post forward... A sugar-coating segregationist who blames everything bad about America on people with darker pigmentation.

Everything you post from this moment forward will be taken with a grain of white salt. You earned it.
  7. Fogbuster

Fogbuster Rookie

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

Clueless, confused and in denial as usual. You have so many conflicting voices in your head it's truly sad to see. And what you post is becoming more and more like gibberish. Very sad.

Most diseases are not supposed to ever be "due", either, but when people abuse their minds and bodies then bad things happen.

//
  8. Fogbuster

Fogbuster Rookie

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

I'm a member of this forum and I've never once considered State to be anything like the way you describe him. You have a penchant for trying to categorize everyone (especially those with whom you disagree), put them into a convenient box so you can dismiss them. So sad to see you self-destructing in this way. No wonder you support only unelectable candidates; like a moth attracted to the flame you are attracted to "fail". Then you try to blame it all on others. So sad.

//
  9. PressCoverage

PressCoverage Banned

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0

Look at you, running the defense of a fellow subtle segregationist. You yourself have expressed sentiment that prefers the separation of citizens infected with HIV. I do so hope I can find that thread. I'm gonna go look.

There's so much surface pap above, ... gotta say, it's grown boring. ... I'm going to dispense with the usual dance with you, and ask you a very direct question that I do hope you'll indulge me (for once) and actually answer:

You mention "conflicting" voices... What, in your opinion, have I been conflicting about? When have I made two seperate statements that you found to be conflicting?

Or, if you prefer: What am I in denial about?

Thanks.
    Last edited: Aug 27, 2009
  10. Fogbuster

Fogbuster Rookie

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

You're entirely welcomed!!! :D

Have a GREAT day!!

:singing:.........................:singing:...........................:singing:
  11. Patters

Patters Moderator Staff Member PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +142 / 1 / -4

When I was 18, I dropped out of college and went on a road trip. For awhile, I had a job at a seedy hotel in Duluth, MN. One of the guys I met there was an ex-Marine who said to me, "The Marines really straightened me out. My only complaint is that they taught me to kill without feeling." The next day this guy was arrested in an armed bank robbery. Oswald was a Marine too. One wonders what role his Marines training and what role his Communist beliefs played in the tragic murder of that greater champion of liberalism, JFK.

Skip Gates may well have been in the wrong, but certainly racial profiling has led many to believe that the police operate with a double standard. Gates clearly believed that had he been white, he would not have been handcuffed on his own front porch. Although thanks to liberalism racism is on the decline, there are cases every year showing that it still exists in many occupations.

Some disagree with what you're saying. The large number of illegals has benefited the farming and construction industries in many areas. I do think by creating an amnesty, we will force employers to pay honest wages, which will enable American citizens to more effectively compete with low cost illegal immigrant workers. Right now, to some extent our economy seems to be self-regulating immigration, since there are fewer job opportunities here now than there were prior to Bush.

Liberalism champions making our society more colorblind. There's no interest in making us a majority non-white country; that kind of thinking belongs to people who want to judge people by the color of their skin, something that liberals regard as racist. There is no law in the country denying whites the right to propagate, and if we can become a truly colorblind society in 50 or 100 years, then your point will be moot.
  12. Kdo5

Kdo5 Rookie

Ratings:
    +13 / 5 / -1

I have not at all found liberalism to lead to a color blind society in America. We have taken good steps towards equality for all but color and race continue play a major role in today's society. Have we really taken a step forward towards a society where race doesn't matter when we have black organizations, Jewish organizations, latino organizations, amongst others, all pushing for things to benefit their race. I mean I don't think liberals have done a very good job in leading the way to a color blind society.
  13. Fogbuster

Fogbuster Rookie

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

In so many ways modern "liberalism" has simply replaced the cotton field plantation with the Big Government plantation.

//
  14. DaBruinz

DaBruinz Pats, B's, Sox PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +207 / 16 / -38

#50 Jersey

Skip Gates WAS in the wrong. There is no "may have been about it." The problem with people like Gates is their insistence on playing the "victim" card regardless of the situation.

Please show us this link between LIBERALISM and the decline of racism...

California is bankrupt because of the number of illegals in the state. Many of the counties and cities in California are on the brink of bankruptcy because of the number of illegals in the state.

America already pays some of the highest wages in the world to unskilled workers.. Yet, people like yourself claim that they are not honest wages. You forget that there is more to paying someone than just their wage. There is the medical insurance, the social security insurance, the worker's comp. There are tons of hidden costs that people like yourself ignore when you take about wages..

I have to disagree that liberalism is solely responsible for making our society more colorblind. In fact, I doubt that you can prove any such thing in any way, shape or form.

The only way that we can become a colorblind society is if people like Skip Gates, Jesse Jackson, Barack Obama, and Al Sharpton stop clinging to the idea that everything happens to them because of the color of their skin. The only way it will become a colorblind society is if people stop voting based on the color of the candidate's skin or the candidate's sex.

The only way this country will become a colorblind society is if we, as a society, work to indoctrinate every bigot (white, black, yellow, etc) into the belief that we are all equal. Unfortunately, I don't see that happening. Because there are just some people who will absolutely refuse to believe they are not superior to another person. And as long as they are free, they will be allowed to raise their kids with that same hatred..

What is your solution for rectifying that, Patters?
  15. PressCoverage

PressCoverage Banned

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0

I knew you didn't have it in you to actually answer. Just talking out the back of your head again.
  16. Fogbuster

Fogbuster Rookie

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

When you ask an honest question, you'll get an honest answer; if you ask a loaded, ".... so, when did you stop beating your wife??... " question, you'll get the derision you have so deservedly earned.

//
  17. PressCoverage

PressCoverage Banned

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0

nice try...

what you're saying here is that you can't answer my direct question, and i'm "conflicted" about nothing... and in denial about even less than nothing.

my message is consistent. yours is riddled with hypocrisy.

it's a shame you didn't have the courage to play in the PoFo league. i really wanted you to play.
    Last edited: Aug 28, 2009
  18. Fogbuster

Fogbuster Rookie

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

Your post made absolutely ZERO sense at all. I couldn't even figure out what you meant by "damning myself" .... .... just your usual ad hom hoss manure. We're all familiar with it here, but that does not mean we like it.

Anywho, you just keep scratching those giant spiders on your skin .... you'll get 'em all eventually ..... :rolleyes:

Reefer madness during school recess ....... such a waste.

I would love to play in your fantasy league, but as I said I've got commitments that don't allow me to devote the time necessary, and I don't want to mess something up by not finishing the season. I'd love to be playing against you, too, what with Brett Favre as your QB!!! I think you shanked that one. Badly. ;)

//
    Last edited: Aug 28, 2009
  19. State

State Rookie

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

#70 Jersey

20. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +303 / 1 / -9

Pelosi's little gang of grinners, Reid and Obama are the best thing that ever could of happened to the Republicans and all of the Right Wing the Mood of the whole country is changing after watching these people in action for a few months.
    NBC/MSNBC has also helped greatly in turning the people off on "Phony Leftyism"

Watch The Town Halls those grinning lying congressmen are scared to death of them.