Welcome to PatsFans.com

Jewish Groups Condemn, Boycott Ann Coulter

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by Patters, Oct 12, 2007.

1. Patters

Patters Moderator Staff Member PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +142 / 1 / -4

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2007/10/12/national/main3361954.shtml

ewish groups are firing back at Ann Coulter after the blond-tressed pundit said during an interview yesterday that Jews need to be "perfected" into Christians.

The American Jewish Committee issued a statement declaring that it is "outraged" by Coulter's assertion on Donny Deutsch's CNBC show "The Big Idea" that Jews require "perfecting" by becoming Christians.

"Ms. Coulter's assertion that Jews are somehow religiously imperfect smacks of the most odious anti-Jewish sentiment," said AJC President Richard Sideman.

While appearing on "The Big Idea," Coulter said Judaism should be discarded, that Jews required Christianity to be "perfected," and that Christianity had a "fast track" to God.
  2. Real World

Real World Moderator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +249 / 3 / -2

She's such an idiot. I really can't understand why people waste their time with her.
  3. STFarmy

STFarmy Rookie

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0

Yeah she is awful. I do love how she gets under people's skin though. For some reason it just makes me laugh. Also, she exposes colleges for the frauds they are. They'll protest if she wants to come speak, but if a criminal/anti-american/general malcontent wants to come talk in their rotten lecture halls they'll play the "freedom of speech" card. Can't have it both ways kids.
  4. Real World

Ratings:
    +249 / 3 / -2

Oh, don't get me wrong, she's very capable of making good general points, but her style, delivery, and her overall manner is extremely unappealing, and borderline unintelligent. She just has that pompous attitude, that she is so much smarter than everyone else, and that she can never be wrong. I hate people like that. Whether she likes it or not, we're all wrong at some point in our lives. I have an issue with people who are unreasonable, and she comes accross as that. Of course in today's politics, you can't give in inch is the mantra.
  5. PatsFanInVa

PatsFanInVa PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +285 / 5 / -8

Well as they say... nobody's perfect :D
  6. BelichickFan

BelichickFan B.O. = Fugazi PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +249 / 7 / -9

#24 Jersey

I don't know of anyone who takes her seriously. Unfortunately Democrats can't recognize the psycho whackos on their side the way Republicans can on there's.
  7. fleabassist1

fleabassist1 Rookie

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

#12 Jersey

I like some of her points, but what she said was WAY over the line. As michael savage put it tonight - Verbal suicide. :(
  8. PatsFanInVa

Ratings:
    +285 / 5 / -8

Put two and two together. She have a new book coming out? There's the explanation. We're talking about her, aren't we?
  9. fleabassist1

fleabassist1 Rookie

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

#12 Jersey

I dunno... I think it was a bad move. She pissed a lot of people off... I think her book days are over.
  10. PatsFanInVa

Ratings:
    +285 / 5 / -8

I'd certainly hope so, but I still expect the contrary.

Mmmmm, controversy!
  11. ELOrocks17

ELOrocks17 Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Funny that they have NOTHING to say about Iran's President saying he wants to murder every Jew on the planet...no...but Ann Coulter...Man, they are all over that! Bravo! Way to take a stand!! Morons
  12. Wildo7

Wildo7 Totally Full of It

Ratings:
    +39 / 2 / -0

Can you please show me the quote where Ahmadenijad says this? I'm quite certain it never happened.
  13. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +295 / 1 / -9

Where is the American Liberal Jew outrage at Jimmy Sissy Carter, the only Jews with the balls to spaek out against Carter are over in Israel, Carter is an ex president that makes him far worse than Ann Coulter, Coulter is nothing but a Celebrity Columnist, Carter was the President of the United states Of America.
    :bricks:
  14. Patters

Patters Moderator Staff Member PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +142 / 1 / -4

Actually, there's a lot of outrage at Carter by Jews, but not by liberal Jews who agree with much of what he says. That said, the outrage at Carter is towards his attitude towards Israel, not towards Jews. The outrage directed at Coulter is towards her statements about Jews.
  15. Real World

Ratings:
    +249 / 3 / -2

[​IMG]

Iranian leader: Wipe out Israel

Thursday, October 27, 2005; Posted: 3:27 a.m. EDT (07:27 GMT)

TEHRAN, Iran (CNN) -- Iran's new president has repeated a remark from a former ayatollah that Israel should be "wiped out from the map," insisting that a new series of attacks will destroy the Jewish state, and lashing out at Muslim countries and leaders that acknowledge Israel.

The remarks by Mahmoud Ahmadinejad -- reported by Islamic Republic News Agency -- coincide with a month-long protest against Israel called "World without Zionism" and with the approach of Jerusalem Day.

World without Zionism is a nationwide event the planners intend to hold annually, and Ahmadinejad made the remarks during a meeting with protesting students at the Interior Ministry.

Ahmadinejad quoted a remark from Iran's Ayatollah Khomeini, the founder of Iran's Islamic revolution, who said that Israel "must be wiped out from the map of the world."

The president then said: "And God willing, with the force of God behind it, we shall soon experience a world without the United States and Zionism," according to a quote published by IRNA.

http://www.cnn.com/2005/WORLD/meast/10/26/ahmadinejad/
  16. STFarmy

STFarmy Rookie

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0

Got to it before me, I was just about to post this.
  17. wistahpatsfan

wistahpatsfan Rookie

Ratings:
    +11 / 0 / -0

Stupid skank + stupid American public = $$$$$$ for Anne Coulter. What a religious whore.
  18. ELOrocks17

ELOrocks17 Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Thanks Real World...:)
  19. ELOrocks17

ELOrocks17 Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Where have you been living? Under a rock?
  20. PatsFanInVa

Ratings:
    +285 / 5 / -8

Under Iran?