PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Jevon Kearse anyone?

Status
Not open for further replies.

patsfan55

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
i know he hasn't done anything for a few yrs now
but if he has anything left in the tank he is worth a look as a switch to olb (if he's willing)
6'4" 265 lbs, perfect size
has obv shown some greatness rushing the passer
can someone please convince me why we shouldnt at least bring him in for a meeting

Javon Kearse is a freak.

That is why they nicknamed him "The Freak".

you're welcome.

but if he has anything left in the tank he is worth a look as a switch to olb (if he's willing)
can someone please convince me why we shouldnt at least bring him in for a meeting
I think it's an injury situation...not sure how effective he would be..and wonder how much money he would take..if it was a good value..yes..but I think he's lost a few steps.

I think it would be a great idea to bring him in. Can't hurt to take a look at him. His numbers have been down, but nothing like a new team to give a player a career rejuvenation.

Can't hurt to look at him, but he has been pretty bad for long enough that I wouldn't hold out much hope for him.

It seems like everytime an old, former pro bowler is released by an NFL team someone promotes the idea of bringing him into training camp. There is a limit on how much time the coaches have to evaluate players, the more players, the less attention each gets. The Patriots are one of the older teams in the NFL. If you are going to load up your training camp with excess players, I'd rather they be undrafted free agents out of college. One or two oldies but goodies like Seau are fine, but let's not go overboard.

Be forewarned that he is limited in his ablity to make moves on a rush.....his base techique was his speed combined with his wingspan.his speed has dropped off and hasnt done so well on his recouping from injury.This is truly a risk I am willing to let you take.
We are willing to accept Moss and third round pick as trade.
Thank you.

Kearse is one of the most over-hyped, overpaid players in the NFL. He had a decent rookie season and hasn't done jack-squat since.

It's just that the idiots at EPSN are too brain dead to notice so people actually think Kearse is something other than a JAG.

As Drew Rosenhouse would say.. NEXT QUESTION

It seems like everytime an old, former pro bowler is released by an NFL team someone promotes the idea of bringing him into training camp. There is a limit on how much time the coaches have to evaluate players, the more players, the less attention each gets. The Patriots are one of the older teams in the NFL. If you are going to load up your training camp with excess players, I'd rather they be undrafted free agents out of college. One or two oldies but goodies like Seau are fine, but let's not go overboard.

Because of how unsuccessful it's been so far? For everyone who talks about how much the Pats need youth at LB, I think, after 3 SBs, one additional AFC Championship, and 6 out of 7 AFC East Division Titles, Belichick MIGHT know more about what the team needs than random guy on a messageboard who wants them to get OMG YUNGER.

:rolleyes:

Didn't he have a foot injury that he was just never the same after?

might take a look at him, but i dunno i think they will draft mostly D this year so he prob wont be here

Be forewarned that he is limited in his ablity to make moves on a rush.....his base techique was his speed combined with his wingspan.his speed has dropped off and hasnt done so well on his recouping from injury.This is truly a risk I am willing to let you take.
We are willing to accept Moss and third round pick as trade.
Thank you.

ROFL. Who in their right mind would give up Randy Moss for a broken down Kearse?

I predict that someone will say that he cannot play in space. :bricks:

Because of how unsuccessful it's been so far? For everyone who talks about how much the Pats need youth at LB, I think, after 3 SBs, one additional AFC Championship, and 6 out of 7 AFC East Division Titles, Belichick MIGHT know more about what the team needs than random guy on a messageboard who wants them to get OMG YUNGER.

:rolleyes:

ages of lbs at 3 sb wins:
sb 36:
phifer-33
cox-33
willie-30
ted johnson-29
bruschi-28
vrabel-26

sb 38:
phifer-35
willie-32
ted johnson-31
bruschi-30
vrabel-29

sb 39:
phifer-36
willie-33
ted johnson-32
bruschi-31
vrabel-30
colvin-27

now:
seau-39
bruschi-34
vrabel-33
adalius-30

so, other than seau sticking out a little i guess the top four oldest are similar to what it has always been, but there's one big difference: where are our fifth and sixth rotational guys that are younger (ala vrabel, colvin, ted johnson in their late 20s to early 30s)?

Last edited:
I predict that someone will say that he cannot play in space. :bricks:

he can not play in space. i mean come on he is horrid on the moon.

just to keep your prediction streak going

he is the same as colvin all was hurt better off bringing back colvin

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes