PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Jets work out Aaron Dobson

Status
Not open for further replies.
I remember at one point during the NE-MIA game what was missing, and it was the obligatory pass that hits Dopson in the hands and he drops it, or the pass down the middle he doesn't contest and it gets picked off.

Calving Johnson.... Aaron Dobson.... Really, what's the difference, right?
Dobsontron ? Dropsontron ?

Really, I'm hoping he stays healthy and reaches his potential. Like and ex girlfriend, there is no hate, just didn't work out. Hoping he does well, always root for the Lions, they remind me of pre-Bledsoe/Brady Patriots, pretty irrelevant.

WRs drafted in the first 3 rounds of the 2013 draft, from Dobson down:

Aaron Dobson WR Marshall 2 27(59) New England
Terrance Williams WR Baylor 3 12(74) Dallas
Keenan Allen WR California 3 14(76) San Diego
Marquise Goodwin WR Texas 3 16(78) Buffalo
Markus Wheaton WR Oregon State 3 17(79) Pittsburgh
Stedman Bailey WR West Virginia 3 30(92) Los Angeles

3 players who are much better, to date, than Dobson
1 players who's played at about Dobson's level
1 players who's been worse

Short of choosing Goodwin, or reaching for a player 2 rounds early, BB couldn't have drafted the position worse.
While you are correct, I don't think anyone would be jumping up and down praising the pick over the production of any of the others, except Allen. Mostly they have been what Dobson was as a rookie, just for a bit longer.

While you are correct, I don't think anyone would be jumping up and down praising the pick over the production of any of the others, except Allen. Mostly they have been what Dobson was as a rookie, just for a bit longer.

Allen, Williams and Wheaton have clearly been superior to Dobson, and they've clearly been superior to "what Dobson was as a rookie".

And Dobson as a rookie was being used as the team's WR1/WR2 for a good chunk of the season, out of necessity, which is why his numbers are so inflated over his subsequent seasons.

Can a mod edit the title? He misspelled Aaron Dropsons name.

This guy on a team yet?

Allen, Williams and Wheaton have clearly been superior to Dobson, and they've clearly been superior to "what Dobson was as a rookie".

And Dobson as a rookie was being used as the team's WR1/WR2 for a good chunk of the season, out of necessity, which is why his numbers are so inflated over his subsequent seasons.
Sure, but no one would be praising Wheaton, Williams, or Steadman as a great pick.
Other than the whole shot in the head thing, they have been healthier than Dobson too.
The best thing to say for those picks is the story isn't over yet, while it is for Dobson in NE.

Good luck to Dobson.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back