PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

JETS will Pursuit Samuel HARD

Status
Not open for further replies.
It is a general rule of thumb that once a team wins a SB; all the players on that team think it gives them a bump up in what they can ask for in pay in next negotiation. They have a resume enhancer.
..... The usual impact of that in the last 10-15 years of salary cap football is the demise of a potential dynasty.

The Patriots have sustained their dynasty in some part by keeping these egos in check. (as well as good drafting, cheap FA acquisitions, and good cap management).

The key question is whether Asante will buy into the check my ego at the door-philosophy or not. If he doesn't he is gone.

For all the cap room previous posters have talked about - Moss is going to be a serious upgrade in cap hit not only in future salary but I bet he also his some NLTBEI this year which I think get added onto cap cost of next year. We have a #7 draft pick to pay which will be an above avg hit. And as I said there are a whole bunch of other guys who contributed to this SB win - if a number of them look for SB paydays then there is more cap hit that has to be disbursed.

At the time we were paying Ty Law his $10M we only had a couple of big pay guys on payroll. Now we have brady, warren, seymour, asante, moss, and a few other wrs are not real cheap either.

I seriously doubt we can afford to pay Asante Clements type money (1 year adjusted) AND give Moss a FAIR (even with a likely HT discount) extension. And I think there is no doubt Moss is a higher priority than Asante.

if we have to; we draft a CB # 7.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Back