PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Jets will be much improved this year

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ever heard of D'Brickashaw Ferguson? Pete Kendall?

You said the Jets have "no offensive line" and you are wrong. While not spectacular, it is solid and dependable. Pennington will get protection from them.

Yes, I've heard of Pete Kendall. The guy who wants a raise and most people figure he will be released during camp.

As for Ferguson, He did pretty well as a rookie if you think allowing 10 sacks is good.

I think the Jets could make the playoffs again as a wildcard. There defense was one of the top defenses in the second half of the season last year and basically improved every game. They added Thomas Jones to bolster their running game when they averaged like 3.3 ypc last year as a team. Like it or not, Mangini knows what hes doing.
Mangini is and will be a good coach, but I think he will have to take some lumps for a couple seasons before he seriously has the Pats looking over their shoulder in our division. This will be a season where he takes his lumps. Tougher schedule, more teams able to counter his defensive schemes from the previous season, and most likely, more injuries to deal with.

Honestly, much of how the Jets do will depend on what Vilma does. If Vilma continues to do poorly, then their inside game will hurt and they will get run upon with abandon, forcing Rhodes to move up. If that happens, then it will also weaken their passing defense.

I didn't read the first page of the thread, so I don't know if this point has been mentioned; mea culpa if it has.

I despise the penguin and noodlearm and the jest fans as much, if not more, than many members of this board, but I must give the devil his due: had the donkeys defeated the 49ers, they would have played the NEP (R-R-Revenge!, as Ken Pile might say) and the jest would have travelled to Indy. It would not have shocked me if the dolts had lost; they were ripe for the picking since New Year's Day. Mangina is already a better HC than Sperm Edwards.

The team I look at in the AFC east that will win 10-11 games is Miami, not saying they will compete with the Pats but that is a top 10 D and an offense that added Cam Cameron, Trent Green (Green isnt great but hes an upgrade over their other QBs easy) and their schedule is VERY favorable because they came in last place.

You're, like, joking, right?

Cameron is completely unknown as a HC, unless you count his less-than-impressive stint at Indiana. And Trent Green is finished as a starting-calibre QB. His "performance" @the dolts was disgraceful, though he was given a shyte game-plan by spermie.

Again, it all comes down to Pennington. In every season that he has started double digit games they have posted a winning record and made the playoffs. When he misses the majority of the season they don't.

The assertion is the "Jets are Improved".
Maybe but
.... by how much?
.... what units are improved?

on offense:
OLine? nothing done there. (If Pete remains a problem could be worst)
.... as it was average IMO.
Receiver Core? No changes here
RBs: this is the biggest change - this off season - but as some one pointed
out TJ had a great Oline in Chicago ... we'll see.

on defense: (suppose to be 3-4 )
Dline: they lost one NT and didn't pickup anyone! for that position.
I guess "knees Robertson" is the most experieced but i hear their hope is
on a guy who hasn't played much and was IRed last year, Pouha.
DE -- wow! here is one position they loaded up on. Most of the guys
brought in are good but not great. At least the depth should be there.
But will this unit really be better than last year? say yes.
If this unit can get a better pass rush then the secondary will be better
also.

LB core -- no big changes except for the draft pick.
Secondary - no real changes except for the rookie CB.

So all in all RB and DE are the biggest changes but I don't the changes
making them a lot better and they have a much tougher schedule.
I'll say 9 wins but wouldn't be surprise if they only get 8 and they
might catch a break or two and get 10 wins.

Here are Potential losses I see:
2 x Pats
1 of (Billsx2 Miami x2)
1 - Ravens
1 - Eagles
1- Bengals
1 - Dallas

and one unexpected loss from (Steelers, Giants, Redskins Browns and Chiefs)

Actually, the Packers finished 8-8. Everything I said was factually correct. It is you who need to check your facts before spouting off.

And if the Patriots hadn't beaten them they wouldn't count as quality wins because New England WOULD NOT HAVE BEAT THEM (they would be quality losses). No matter which way you sell it New England only had two quality wins last year, which is better than the Jets but not by a whole lot.

Furthermore, you still sound like an eight year old when you combine Mangini's name with the word vagina. Give my regards to recess.

I've been on the Jetsinsider board for the last couple of months.....you wanna talk 8 yr olds?

1.Brady is Gay
2.Bruschi is in a wheelchair.....near death
3.Moss is a Cancer and will be eaten up by their new "shutdown" corner,Darelle Revis
4.Brady is Gay
A Thomas is another "ageing" LB,who will not help the Patriot's "ageing" defense.
(Harrison and the LB's are all "ageing"...they seem
to be obsessed with this description)
5.BB is scum and Mangenious is a Genius(is this a
double-positive or double-negative?)
.....but,I digress.
6.Vilma is the greatest LB in history and Thomas
Jones(who is 29 yrs old).....is not "ageing",but
entering his prime

7.Maroney,Harrison,Hobbs,Vrabel,Faulk,Wilson,
Seau and Stallworth are all injury-prone.
8.Brady is Gay
9.David Harris is the "premier" LB in the draft and
is headed for the HOF(unlike the patriot's "ageing"
linebackers
10.Coles and Cotchery are "way better" than
Stallworth and Moss(did I mention he was a cancer?)

11.BB is nothing without Tom Brady,unlike Mangenious,who is a Genius,among all geniuses.
12.Robertson is "way better" than Vince Wilfat,
who is soon to be ....you guessed it......"ageing".
13.All the Jet's starters are "pro-bowl caliber"
(this is "way better" than actually winning playoff
games or Super Bowls.

and lastly..........

Brady is still Gay!

I've been on the Jetsinsider board for the last couple of months.....you wanna talk 8 yr olds?

You left out that this is absolutely, positively, without a doubt Belichick's final season with the Pats.

1.Brady is Gay
2.Bruschi is in a wheelchair.....near death
3.Moss is a Cancer and will be eaten up by their new "shutdown" corner,Darelle Revis
4.Brady is Gay
A Thomas is another "ageing" LB,who will not help the Patriot's "ageing" defense.
(Harrison and the LB's are all "ageing"...they seem
to be obsessed with this description)
5.BB is scum and Mangenious is a Genius(is this a
double-positive or double-negative?)
.....but,I digress.
6.Vilma is the greatest LB in history and Thomas
Jones(who is 29 yrs old).....is not "ageing",but
entering his prime

7.Maroney,Harrison,Hobbs,Vrabel,Faulk,Wilson,
Seau and Stallworth are all injury-prone.
8.Brady is Gay
9.David Harris is the "premier" LB in the draft and
is headed for the HOF(unlike the patriot's "ageing"
linebackers
10.Coles and Cotchery are "way better" than
Stallworth and Moss(did I mention he was a cancer?)

11.BB is nothing without Tom Brady,unlike Mangenious,who is a Genius,among all geniuses.
12.Robertson is "way better" than Vince Wilfat,
who is soon to be ....you guessed it......"ageing".
13.All the Jet's starters are "pro-bowl caliber"
(this is "way better" than actually winning playoff
games or Super Bowls.

and lastly..........

Brady is still Gay!

HaHa.. I hangout on Gangreen.Com.. It's crazy over there.. So naive..

Check your facts before spouting off. The Jets, Packers and Bears all had winning seasons and the Patriots beat all three. What's more, the Titans, Jaguars and Bengals all finished at 8-8 and would have had winning seasons had the Pats not beaten them.

And without a doubt, Man-vagina and the Jest DEFINITELY are a pest that needs to be brushed aside, early and often. Man-vagina exhausted his copycat bag of tricks in that first-round playoff loss. It's 9-7 for Popgun Pennie and your green beans this year, bubba.

P.S. Speaking of acting like a juvenile: I had to laugh watching Man-vagina play-acting the role of tough-guy head coach last year, chewing out poor Schottenheimer Jr. on the sidelines when things went wrong. So transparently arrogant and immature, a veritable caricature of BB without the depth or substance.

Actually, the Packers were 8-8....

You left out that this is absolutely, positively, without a doubt Belichick's final season with the Pats.

Ha Ha.......forgot that one...........THANKS!

If you look pas tthe schedule and just examine the on the filed product, you see the Jets will probably be starting 2 rookies on defense, Harris and Revis. And while both will become good players, it's hard to imagine them not suffering from either a huge learnign curve or crashing the rookie wall or both.
Their DL features Robertson, Ellis and newcomer Coleman. None of whom is especailly large two gap run stuffers. Last year the Jets had success clogging the middle with bodies and funneling plays to the outside where their speed could gobble up opposing offenses. It's really diifcult to imagine that opposing OC's aren't scheming for that this offseason.
On offense, as long as Pennington is the QB, the Jets will remain a dink and dunk passing team. I see their running game becoming more of a legitimate weapon with the addition of Jones and the maturation of the rookies.

Bottom line: If their running game gets on track, they could be back in the playoffs. If their running game implodes, they will probably be an average team at best. The biggest factor for the Jets could be runnng game stats, if the Jets run for more than 110 yeards, they should win that game. Anything under that and they should lose. (Barring injuries or turnovers.)

If you look pas tthe schedule and just examine the on the filed product, you see the Jets will probably be starting 2 rookies on defense, Harris and Revis. And while both will become good players, it's hard to imagine them not suffering from either a huge learnign curve or crashing the rookie wall or both.
Their DL features Robertson, Ellis and newcomer Coleman. None of whom is especailly large two gap run stuffers. Last year the Jets had success clogging the middle with bodies and funneling plays to the outside where their speed could gobble up opposing offenses. It's really diifcult to imagine that opposing OC's aren't scheming for that this offseason.
On offense, as long as Pennington is the QB, the Jets will remain a dink and dunk passing team. I see their running game becoming more of a legitimate weapon with the addition of Jones and the maturation of the rookies.

Bottom line: If their running game gets on track, they could be back in the playoffs. If their running game implodes, they will probably be an average team at best. The biggest factor for the Jets could be runnng game stats, if the Jets run for more than 110 yeards, they should win that game. Anything under that and they should lose. (Barring injuries or turnovers.)

Actually their defense couldnt stop the run to save their lives until Mangini installed a gimmicky blitz every down scheme. It worked OK short term, but needing to blitz to stop the run is a recipe for disaster.

As far as the running game, no RB is any good without blocking, including Thomas Jones who was pretty poor before landing in Chicago and running behind an excellent OL.
I hear comments about Jones as if he is some kind of great RB. I don't see it. With excellent blocking he is an effective back, with mediocre or worst blocking he will not be anythign to write home about. He should get 1000 yards (every starting RB should) but I can easily see him struggling thorugh a season of about 3.4 per carry.

I dont think they will suck, but they will have problems. They scream 8-8 to me, but injury problems (Pennington, a WR, a corner) could drive them to the basement of the AFCE, even with 2 other poor teams lurking.

The Jets suffered no injuries last season of significance. None. They had the league's weakest schedule and no expectations. This season they have a world of expectations and will probably have more adversity due to injuries. That said, I like their draft, their acquisition of T. Jones, their young talent and their team personality and believe they will finish 10-6.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes