Jets vs Dolphins Thread - Green Eggs and Ham Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

IcyPatriot

Wall of Fame
PatsFans.com Supporter
2019 Weekly Picks Winner
Reaction score
Hate to say it but I think the fish will be getting squished in London while we watch and eat breakfast.
Jets 30
Dolphins 24

Could you would you with a Dolphin?
green_eggs_and_ham_71612.jpg

Last edited:
I positively hate, loathe, despise, abhor and detest the NY Rats...other than that, should be a good game

I will watch without rooting for either team ... I think I can

Last edited:
I can't see the fins scoring 24 against the jets.

I hate the rats, and think the Miami dline could cause problems for them. I'd also love to see an early ny jest implosion after worrying about to and whatnot rather than the game plan...

I want to see Suh put on show for the people of London. Im thinking crazy stomps and facemasks. Maybe a mortal kombat brutality.

I just want to see the carnival of ineptitude that we've come to expect from these teams. I've come to terms with the fact that someone has to win, but as long as they both look as bad as I expect they will it'll be fun to watch.

Ya'll awake already? I'm just about to hit the sack! I'll wake up at game time. Hopefully the fail will be strong for both the lolphins and rats. Goodnight all! :)

Hate to say it but I think the fish will be getting squished in London while we watch and eat breakfast.
Jets 30
Dolphins 24

Could you would you with a Dolphin?
green_eggs_and_ham_71612.jpg

I would not, could not, wish them luck. I would not cheer them on, they suck! I would not root for them at home. I would not support them in a dome. I don't wish them well in the UK. I don't wish them well any day! I do like those New York Jets. I wish them nothing but regrets!

:)

Well, I took the NYJ straight up for a 50 spot, so you can expect the Dolphins to win big :)

I'm actually pulling for the lolphins. If they win, both teams go to 2-2 and are both 2 games behind us in loss column. Then I'm rooting for the Gmen to beat the Bills to make this a perfect bye week.

Trust me it pains me to root for big blue but the enemy of my enemy is my friend.

I just want to see the carnival of ineptitude that we've come to expect from these teams. I've come to terms with the fact that someone has to win, but as long as they both look as bad as I expect they will it'll be fun to watch.
My first thought is that it hardly matters who wins as neither tam will get more wins than the Patriots. I would love for the team that was prognosticated to be 4th in the division wind up in 2nd (only to later implode and realize they are still far away from taking the division away from the Patriots). Not to mention, it would be fun watching the Dolphins, who BSPN, indicated would take the division, implode under the weight of expectations vs the realization that they are done for 2015.
My preference is for a Dolphins victory. That'll mean Philbin keeps his job.
you raise an excellent point, but coaching turnover and changes in offensive/defensive philosophy will cause a couple good years of turmoil and it doesn't seem like the 2nd coming of Bill Belichick (or Vince Lombardi) is walking through those doors. Plus, they will be saddled with Suh and another player-coach disagreement would be fun to watch.

I guess either way, we win :).

I think we'll have a pretty good sense of how this one will end before the first bacon strip is down the chute. If the Dolphin players see this as a chance to get Philbin greased, they'll lie down early like exhausted mutts. That's my guess, but I hope I'm wrong.

My hatred for the fish lies at a level that only long time suffering Patriots fans will understand. It will never go away. As far as I'm concerned, the Jets are pretenders to the throne of most detested team; placed there by the blow-hard that is Rex Ryan. He is now gone and the Jets are back to the place where they belong - Irrelevance.

I will be rooting for the Jets to humiliate the fish.

My hatred for the fish lies at a level that only long time suffering Patriots fans will understand. It will never go away. As far as I'm concerned, the Jets are pretenders to the throne of most detested team; placed there by the blow-hard that is Rex Ryan. He is now gone and the Jets are back to the place where they belong - Irrelevance.

I will be rooting for the Jets to humiliate the fish.

I was once where you are now, mostly due to the antics of Shula. He's always been a crybaby.

Then, the Tuna Crap years came, and the truth of how low the Jets would go was revealed. That may have moved them ahead as most detested, but either way it was close.

Then Shula opened up his big mouth in 2007 about asterisks for the Pats because they were fined a 1st round pick and cash. Too bad the senile old fart forgot that his cherished undefeated season came immediately after the Dolphins were were fined a 1st round pick and cash.

And now we have the NYJFL going all out to destroy the Pats. That has moved them back up into contention for sure, but it's still too close to call for me.

In the Fish and Schits Bowl I'm hoping for the same thing I hoped for in the Balt-Pitt game. A brutally physical game. Only this time I'd like to see a 6-3 snooze-fest, just so the fans of England can see the dark side of the NFL. Actually, 3-2 would be better but that's not realistic.

I suppose the numbers would call for me to root for a Miami win, but I won't know if that will be the case until the game starts. Right now I couldn't care less who wins.

I positively hate, loathe, despise, abhor and detest the NY Rats...other than that, should be a good game
Yeah, all that, and to the fish squishing the Rodents.

Last edited:
I just hope neither team tries to embarrass the other. We need to be a kinder, more considerate AFC East.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing