PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Jets trying to re-work Noodlearms contract

Status
Not open for further replies.
J.E.T.S. in trouble

No doubt the Jets have a tough row to hoe. Eric M has his hands full there. Most glaring is the Pennington issue. He wasn't a great thrower to begin with now they're kinda stuck with his huge contract and cap hit. All the mock drafts have them taking OT Fergusen.... My money says Jay Cutler and thanks for memories to Chad.... Life is hell in the NFL. :rocker:

bdeffSteelers said:
Dude that was funny...Just watch out for the FBI knocking on your door :confused:

It's actually from a conservatice website, I saw it yesterdy and I just can't stop laughing. I love the "Raining Blows Down Upon You" one.

The Chad

No way, he just signed his contract at the beginning of '04. His remaning signing bonus must be sunstantial...

He is due a 3 mil roster bonus in March and is a 12 mil cap hit (10 mil if they cut him) this year. Big numbers and the Jets are in Cap trouble as it is, and pretty much everyone is picking the Jets to have the #1 pick in the 2007 NFL draft.

The Jets are is such a horrible spot with this kid. $3MM Roster bonus due in a couple weeks, $9MM on the year if they keep him. Or a $12MM dead money hit on the cap if they let him go and they are months away from knowing if he will be any good.

What would you do?

jimmyjames said:
The Jets are is such a horrible spot with this kid. $3MM Roster bonus due in a couple weeks, $9MM on the year if they keep him. Or a $12MM dead money hit on the cap if they let him go and they are months away from knowing if he will be any good.

What would you do?
Put a hit out on him. Dead men collect no bonuses. :cool:

Seriously, this is why Hermie baby couldn't flee New Jersey fast enough. This is a classic 'damned if you do, damned if you don't' situation.

If I was the Raiders I'd try to get him. Back with Moss like at Marshall he could be very good. Everyone seems to forget he set the single season record for passer rating before Manning's 49 TD year.

You do the only thing you can do: assume the worst, and decide if you can live with that or not. If you can, attempt to renegotiate and cut your risk, then hope for the best.
If you decide you can't live with the worst-case scenario, you swallow - hard - then cut him and move on.
Neither the worst or best case scenario are much fun to look at from the Jet's perspective.

drew4008 said:
If I was the Raiders I'd try to get him. Back with Moss like at Marshall he could be very good. Everyone seems to forget he set the single season record for passer rating before Manning's 49 TD year.

When Pennington was coming out of Marshall, Moss lobbied very hard for Pennington, saying that Chad was the only person that could throw the ball far enough for him. I don't think the Raiders and Moss would look at the guy coming off of rotator cuff surgery as the deep ball threat the Raiders are looking for.

drew4008 said:

The only reason he ever looked good in college was because of Moss. It's easy to look good when you're just lobbing balls into the air knowing that nobody is going to stop Moss from coming down with it. Pennington was an average weak armed qb in college, it was just covered up by the competition that they were facing. Now he's an average weak armed qb who has had major surgery on his throwing arm two seasons in a row. Stick a fork in him.

Two or three years ago he did look like the real deal. Not Tom Brady real deal, but a ligit NFL QB.

Now, with his injury, he's a very expensive piece of damaged goods. Those poor Jest:rocker:

OMG Free Ted, that is the funniest thing I have seen!

I think a lot of the teams around the NFL are re-structuring deals like the Patriots have been doing since BB came into power. Pennington's health situation is scary, to say the least. It seems like he hurts himself just by breathing.......

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes