PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Jets trying to aquire 13th pick overall

Status
Not open for further replies.

R_T26

Banned
Reaction score
according to EEI the Jets are working on a deal to sent the 29th and 35th pick to Baltimore for the 13th pick in order to draft Cutler.

I read that, the problem is there's a good chance Cutler won't be there.

All three hot QBs will be gone by the time Oakland picks. They'd better use #4 pick.

So that way they will have three first round picks?

So that will be three times as much crying from New York this year?

Dear god we all better get out umbrellas. NOW

SeanBruschi54 said:
So that way they will have three first round picks?
No, they have 4, 29 and 35 right now. This would give them 4 and 13, two #1s.

Not sure Cutler will be gone...depends...

Well IF Cutler is there it won't happen until the Ravens are on the clock Saturday.

Pats726 said:
Not sure Cutler will be gone...depends...
Sure, drafts are unpredictable but I don't see Cutler dropping out of the top ten, despite what happened to Rodgers last year.

I've been over at jetsinsider and there has been a rumor floating around for about a week now (and now the media is jumping on it.)

Three way deal, Raiders move up to the 2nd pick, NO moves to 4 and Jets move to 7. Players and extra picks are moved between teams to compensate.. But that is the bottom line..

http://www.jetsinsider.net/forums/showthread.php?t=115575

- this thread is pretty good. This guy bongon59 has been all over this story..

@ the same time MIKE AND MIKE are sayign the JETS can stay @ 4 and will draft Matt L from USC.

PFT says Leinart could drop like Rogers..

That being said, I expect a lot of movement and a very exciting draft :)

mcsully said:
@ the same time MIKE AND MIKE are sayign the JETS can stay @ 4 and will draft Matt L from USC.

PFT says Leinart could drop like Rogers.
I think when it comes down to it the Titans will take Leinart. Just a feeling.

I'd take Cutler, but only if I had Bill Walsh on my coaching staff.

None of these guys are first rounders IMO. I hope they do trade up for him.

the taildragger said:
I'd take Cutler, but only if I had Bill Walsh on my coaching staff.

None of these guys are first rounders IMO. I hope they do trade up for him.

WHATT?? NOT 1st round talent?? I sorry sir but I have to STRONG DISAGREE.. All three are better than any QB last year that was draft in the 1st round. Actually these three are just as good or better than any QB coming out for the past 3 years..

Cutler is the best quarterback in the draft. I would prefer not to see the Jets get him.

mcsully said:
WHATT?? NOT 1st round talent?? I sorry sir but I have to STRONG DISAGREE.. All three are better than any QB last year that was draft in the 1st round. Actually these three are just as good or better than any QB coming out for the past 3 years..
Well, except Matt Cassel, of course!!!!!!!!

I'm sure they want the #13 pick but doubt its for Cutler - that's just smokescreen for who they really want. My guess is it might be a WR to go with a new QB.

Sure there's a chance Cutler or another QB might slide... but generally, as Bill Parcells often says, if there's a player you want you've got to take him before another team does (this in response to the perrenial suggestions by draft watchers that a team took a player too early)

JoeSixPat said:
I'm sure they want the #13 pick but doubt its for Cutler - that's just smokescreen for who they really want. My guess is it might be a WR to go with a new QB.

I'm with you, but I think if it happens, it's going to be for Lawson or Wimbley.

mcsully said:
I've been over at jetsinsider and there has been a rumor floating around for about a week now (and now the media is jumping on it.)

Three way deal, Raiders move up to the 2nd pick, NO moves to 4 and Jets move to 7. Players and extra picks are moved between teams to compensate.. But that is the bottom line..

http://www.jetsinsider.net/forums/showthread.php?t=115575

- this thread is pretty good. This guy bongon59 has been all over this story..

I like that scenario. The saints covet AJ Hawk, the raiders covet Young & jets could still get Cutler. Leaving the Packers to choose between Mario Williams or Ferguson.

I agree w/ Dryheat. Mangini would do this only for Lawson, or Wimbley (the Mcginest lite twins) so that he could work his 3-4.
Matrix wise 13= 1150
29+ 35 = 1190
so it make some sense in a value standpoint.

Ok I have nothing better to do so I did the math according to the draft value chart on a potential 3-way trade:

Raiders get 2nd overall pick valued at 2600

in exchange for

7th overall pick valued at 1500
1st Round pick in '07 avg value at 1000
4th round pick(#100) valued at 100

Saints get 4th overall pick valued at 1800
& Raiders 1st Round pick in '07 valued at 1000

in exchange for

2nd overall pick valued at 2600
& 3rd Round pick '07 avg value at 200

Jets get 7th overall pick valued at 1500
Saints 3rd Round pick in '07 valued at 200
Raiders 4th Round pick(#100) valued at 100

in exchange for

4th overall pick valued at 1800

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back