Jets trade for Patrick Ramsey

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bobs My Uncle

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
Give up only a 6th round pick!

Who cares... Ramsey is terrible and the Jets are terrible. Good fit.

drew4008 said:
You didn't have to read and then take the time out to respond to the post if you didn't care. Next time just IGNORE.

Wow. What a nightmare for Belichick. I mean, how do you gameplan against Noodlearm Pennington, Patrick Ramsey, and Brooks Bollinger? :rocker:

Last edited:
drew4008 said:

I disagree. I think the three ring circus that is the Redskins nearly ruined Ramsey. They spent all of their money elsewhere and left him behind a bunch of turnstiles to get crushed every other play. Then when he got gunshy, they blamed him and threw him on the bench. His confidence is severely damaged but if he lands with a good coaching staff, I think they can turn him around and he could wind up being a decent starting qb.

hwc said:
Wow. What a nightmare for Belichick. I mean, how do you gameplan against Noodlearm Pennington, Patrick Ramsey, and Brooks Bollinger? :rocker:

vinny will be in by thanksgiving! :D

Are they gonna cut Ramsey's arm off and sew it on Pennington?

Does this mean that they don't draft a qb with thier number one? Which would shake up the draft and possibly drop an unexpected player to us at 21. Any thoughts?

scout said:
Does this mean that they don't draft a qb with thier number one? Which would shake up the draft and possibly drop an unexpected player to us at 21. Any thoughts?

I think we might be able to get Reggie Bush!

scout said:

yeah, it might. all of a sudden the Saints and Jets don't need a QB. that pushes everyone down a spot or 2. Now by no means do I think that we will land AJ Hawk, but perhaps someone that was projected to go #16-#19 might fall to us (a la Wilfork).

Mosi Moose said:
yeah, it might. all of a sudden the Saints and Jets don't need a QB. that pushes everyone down a spot or 2. Now by no means do I think that we will land AJ Hawk, but perhaps someone that was projected to go #16-#19 might fall to us (a la Wilfork).

Pardon if I misunderstand, but if the top teams all pass on QBs doesn't that move everyone else UP, not down? Seems to me this is a negative development for the Pats. I want at least 3 QBs off the board in the top 20! And preferably a couple of punters and a long snapper, too.

Truth be told, I don't think the Jets have any plans to play Noodlearm whatsoever. Instead, I think they are simply eating a roster spot because releasing him would be such a monster cap hit this year. They save a ton of cap room by sitting him on the bench for for a year at $3 million and releasing him next year. Or, they may cut him June 1st and spread the cap hit.

If I'm right, then the Jets might well draft a QB anyway.

patchick said:
Pardon if I misunderstand, but if the top teams all pass on QBs doesn't that move everyone else UP, not down? Seems to me this is a negative development for the Pats. I want at least 3 QBs off the board in the top 20! And preferably a couple of punters and a long snapper, too.

Quite true!

If Vince Young or Jay Cutler fell to the Patriots at 21st -- remember Aaron Rodgers -- what would they do? Best available?

Wonderful! I love it when the Jets and Redskins start trading!

Was Santana Moss or Laverneus Cole part of the deal again?

Wasn't Ramsey taken with the Patriots' draft position (traded to Washington so the Pats could grab Daniel Graham?)

patchick said:
It is certainly getting interesting.

Hate to say it, but I think the Jets got a steal.

I thought Ramsey looked like a good young QB a few years ago.

With solid backing, (if that happens), I think he could blossom.

We should have thrown a fifth at them if we knew this was going to happen.

Like Husker said, the Redskins are a circus and certainly not conducive to grooming a young QB.

Last edited:
Ramsey never impressed me...I thought he was a reach in the draft. Reminded me then of a Matt Cavanaugh type of player. But I'm sure FRANK MOGA III will love this...anything is better than NOODLE.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back