PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Jets to explore trading Darrelle Revis

Status
Not open for further replies.
I understand even if they trade they won't trade with Pats or even within the Division but I want to say that.

I understand even if they trade they won't trade with Pats or even within the Division but I want to say that.
The Jets wouldn't trade a bag of tees to the Patriots for fear of being criticized for helping our PUNTING game.

Never. Gonna. Happen.

The Pats should convince the Rams or some other beard to trade for him and then flip him to NE! Rexy's head would explode.

On second thought, maybe that's a bad thing. I want Rexy in NY for as long as possible. That pompous ass.

Yes. Revis is far better.

28yrs old in 2013 season. If Jets trade him, they want a #1 round draft pick.

I would not mind giving up our #1.

But, Revis will probably want a 4+ year contract for at least 10m/yr.

I'd do a 4yr contract, but for 8-9m/yr. But that's me.

Talib is 27yrs old in 2013 season. He probably wants at least 7m/yr.

With huge needs at both WR and DL and only a tiny handful and of picks and barely a mid round pick to our name, I'd be livid if we dealt for someone like Revis with our #1 pick.

We have a young and talented secondary. Our main issues lie on getting pressure. If people can stay healthy, we should resign Arrington and keep him on the slot where he excels and get Talib signed up too. That will be fine.

I don't imagine the Jets will have the market for Revis they would want.

Any trade for Revis is undoubtedly going to require a huge bonus and contract extension. How many teams are going to be willing to give up a 1st round pick (plus whatever) and give Revis a huge extension before anyone even gets to see how he recovers from his injury?

I think most would rather see him play competetively a few games next season to make sure he bounces back completely. The Jets can't franchise him, so he becomes an UFA after next year anyways.

If Jets trade him - I would have to believe they will trade the salary cap hit as well (cash consideration, make team negotiate deal in advance, whatever it takes) - that may be worth it for some teams.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes