PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Jets to explore trading Darrelle Revis

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok dude, I really didn't take it seriously that the Jets would ever trade Revis to the Patriots. Just bringing a little reality into the "discussion".

Hey, you never know! Maybe the new GM wants to offer an olive branch in the Border War. Send over Revis for a 3rd, I'd accept it.

;)

okay, give them Ryan Mallett too.... but that's it!

If this is true, the Jets are preparing themselves for Suck for Manziel.

What you are saying is if a team gave up all their players and stunk, they might get good later. That scares you?
The last few years, the Jets have been in a never-ending cycle of getting into cap hell, finding a short-term solution to cap hell, and then having that short-term solution just create the same problem a year later. I'd love for nothing more than that to keep going, but it seems as though the Jets are going to take this year to bite the bullet with the expectation that it will end this cycle of cap hell.

Now they definitely still need to hit on their picks and free agents and all that, but this at least gives them a chance to be competitive in the future, where they were headed nowhere fast if they attempted to be competitive this year.

I wonder if the Colts or Bengals would be interested given their cap space? The Bengals D would be ridiculous with him at corner.

Hell, I'd even hope the Browns had a crack at him. Revis + Haden would be a nice pairing.

The Revis of 2013 might be a shell of his former self because of his blown knee. In fact, he might never recover fully. Cornerback is probably the worst position for coming back from that injury.

I wonder if the Colts or Bengals would be interested given their cap space? The Bengals D would be ridiculous with him at corner.

Hell, I'd even hope the Browns had a crack at him. Revis + Haden would be a nice pairing.

How about the Seahawks? Plenty of cap room, send Browner and their 1st, have Sherman and Revis....:eek:

The last few years, the Jets have been in a never-ending cycle of getting into cap hell, finding a short-term solution to cap hell, and then having that short-term solution just create the same problem a year later. I'd love for nothing more than that to keep going, but it seems as though the Jets are going to take this year to bite the bullet with the expectation that it will end this cycle of cap hell.

Now they definitely still need to hit on their picks and free agents and all that, but this at least gives them a chance to be competitive in the future, where they were headed nowhere fast if they attempted to be competitive this year.

There's still the PSL issue with "Fat Cat Woody" placing so much emphasis on year to year PSL/ticket sales. A year or two of suck sure would make things interesting in Jetslandia.

Attachments

• Fatcat Woody.jpg
    Fatcat Woody.jpg
    23.3 KB · Views: 86
Lol if any of you think the pats would pay him what he wants

There's still the PSL issue with "Fat Cat Woody" placing so much emphasis on year to year PSL/ticket sales. A year or two of suck sure would make things interesting in Jetslandia.
That's a good point. I guess they're screwed either way. Oh well! :D

How about the Seahawks? Plenty of cap room, send Browner and their 1st, have Sherman and Revis....:eek:
I'm not sure they have enough when you consider the cap space of the others.

I envision him getting traded to a team like the Saints.

I'm thinking a lower team that thinks Revis might help save them such as the Jags, Rams, or Cardinals for instance.

Well, they need to do something. It's amazing how the Pats got all of this crap last season for allowing a ton of yards, when the Saints this year allowed almost 500 more yards than the Pats did last year.

2012 Saints: 7042 yards allowed (440 per game)
1981 Ravens: 6793
2011 Packers: 6585
2011 Patriots: 6577

That's a good point. I guess they're screwed either way. Oh well! :D

They're so done. There is no end in sight for them being second fiddle to the Giants and there isn't an easy solution. It's a pleasure to watch. :)

The Revis of 2013 might be a shell of his former self because of his blown knee. In fact, he might never recover fully. Cornerback is probably the worst position for coming back from that injury.

In this day in age athletes take six months off after an ACL and come back stronger than they were previously. I'm specifically talking about Arian Peterson.

I always trust in Woody Johnson making the wrong move.

Oddly enough, even without Revis, the Jets still had the #2 ranked pass defense in the NFL last season.

Why pass when you can run. They had the 26th rushing defense btw.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes