PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Jets Suck -- 2016 Edition (Official): Futility Confirmed

Status
Not open for further replies.
OK, Hacks...time for your first film study...now, PAY ATTENTION...

dude, that is the most awesome video ever

f**king jest bastards

worthless scumbags

Hackenberg is awful and will never be a good NFL QB. I'm psyched that the Jets took him.

dude, that is the most awesome video ever

f**king jest bastards

worthless scumbags
You can't fool us, so quit trying. You were outed a long time ago.

"Poor tape"???
Maybe they're trying to say "Poor tapeworm" referring to the tapeworm living inside of Hackenberg who's about to get the snot kicked out of him playing behind the Jets O-line?

Maybe they're trying to say "Poor tapeworm" referring to the tapeworm living inside of Hackenberg who's about to get the snot kicked out of him playing behind the Jets O-line?

Or maybe his arm strength is equivalent to this...

tape%20dispen.jpg

Just came across this ( AFC East draft grades: Laremy Tunsil well worth risk for Dolphins ) and had a good laugh:
MOST SURPRISING PICK: Christian Hackenberg, QB, Penn State
New York Jets, Round 2, No. 51 overall

It's not surprising the Jets snagged a quarterback in this draft, but few expected the team to opt for a traditional dropback passer with accuracy issues to potentially step right into the franchise quarterback role. While Hackenberg's supporters will point to his promising freshman season under Bill O'Brien in a pro-style system as a harbinger of his potential, the skeptics wonder if a quarterback who has never completed 60 percent of his throws in a season can become a pinpoint passer at the highest level. Considering his slow trigger and penchant for taking sacks (104 in three college seasons), the Jets are hoping coordinator Chan Gailey can work his magic on a naturally gifted developmental QB who needs plenty of work on his footwork and fundamentals.
Same old freakin' Jets, indeed.

No problem at all with the Revis deal.

Harris and Mangold have been great and seem to be making fair money.

Angry Wilkerson is gone? He's not gone. There is no way the Wilkerson situation works out that is a negative because of drafting Williams last year.
Trade him, save 16mil in cap and get some picks? Cool.
Keep him and we're getting an extremely motivated player for 2016 with first dibs at signing him in 2017.

Marshall? Are you seriously suggesting Marshall is overpaid and/or not worth the 5th pick we gave up for him? (Btw, I expect the same result with Forte.)

I think you vastly overpaid for Revis personally, as he isn't going to get better at 30+ years old.. he'll plateau for awhile at best and then begin a rapid decline that you see in all CBs, then you'll be paying elite #1 CB money for a free safety

Mangold is great for you, but the finish line is in sight for his career, much like D'brickeshaw

And I agree that losing Wilkerson isn't going to sting nearly as bad when you have the fortune(?) Of drafting a player like Williams with the 6th overall pick, so you lucked out there but the name of the game is to get better, meaning you won't have sure fire studs like Williams available in the draft anymore

And with how badly the Jets have missed with top 10 picks, it's not going to be any easier with mid to late round picks.

They also benefit (?) from not having a franchise quarterback taking up $15+ million in cap space, so they at the moment can afford to pay guys like Marshall (great value for his production) Decker (Deckers contract is wayyyyy overpriced IMO) and Forte

That defense is going to start busting at the seams though soon enough.. Richardson is due a monster deal soon, Harris is up there in age, Calvin Pace is up there in age, Coples has been a bust, Revis is getting up there in age... Wilkerson is gone after this year or sooner, if he's traded.. but I couldn't see them getting a 1st rounder for him with 1 year on his deal.. to give up a 1st + pay JJ Watt money to a player is a pretty huge investment that not a lot of teams would make

They aren't going to be the same formidable defense as they have been for years in 2017, but for 2016 they are pretty ferocious and have a solid offense to boot assuming Fitzpatrick comes back, but he seems disgusted with their current offer.. which is another problem when you're doling out big money to off the street free agents, because it lowers moral and creates animosity with the players who have been there grinding and helping you win games

My esteemed colleague,JarofMayo delineates the Jet suckage quite eloquently. I only have THIS to add to his compelling arguments....

the Jets S-U-C-K..suck suck suck

so Jet fan, let me end with this poetic fare thee well

"Ours is not to curse our luck

ours is but to suck and suck"

From "The Charge Of The Buttfumble Brigade" by Joeford Lord Tennysonker

It has its own (very detailed) Wikipedia entry. Worth reading at least once: Butt fumble - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
There's some funny stuff on that page.

"When Sanchez watched the replay with some of his teammates, they were generally supportive. "Hopefully we'll laugh about it later," he said. Moore remarked of the play's popularity, "The littlest things nowadays turn into Internet sensations. It's not surprising." When asked if he found the play amusing, Moore answered, "No.""

It is amazing that even though we've all seen this a million times, I will occasionally laugh out loud when I see this again.

It is THAT much of an epic failure.

It is the only time in my life I've ever seen a QB, at ANY level, try to commit suicide by sticking their head up an Offensive Lineman's anus before.

We'll never see that again.

We'll never see that again.
I don't know about you, but I do have my hopes. After all, Sanchez is going to be the starting QB for the Donkeys this year...

Anyone just read what Decker said with Brady suspended, the AFCE is "up for grabs"?

My god. They just don't learn. They have no QB, are in cap hell, are rebuilding, yet somehow they're on the same level with the Pats right now.

The height of mental illness. What is it? The water?

Last edited:
Anyone just read Decker say with Brady suspended, the AFCE is "up for grabs"?

My god. They just don't learn. They have no QB, are in cap hell, are rebuilding, yet somehow they're on the same level with the Pats right now.

Haha, yeah, Decker of all people...

Jets WR Eric Decker: Brady suspension makes AFC East 'up for grabs'

"I think we're there, to be honest," Decker said, via the New york Daily News. "We're set up with a tough schedule . . . a playoff team's schedule. You got to win your division games. With Brady being suspended four games, I think it makes that division up for grabs. I believe in this team that we're ready to make the run now."

I love the rebuttal that Perry comes up with:

That's a strong take for anyone on a team that, at the moment, is planning on trotting out Geno Smith, Bryce Petty or Christian Hackenberg as its starting quarterback for Week 1. Plus, the Jets won't play the Patriots until November -- New England takes on Arizona, Miami, Houston and Buffalo in the first four weeks of the season -- so Decker and the Jets would be relying on some help in order for the reigning division champs to be toppled with Jimmy Garoppolo under center.

Anyone just read Decker say with Brady suspended, the AFCE is "up for grabs"?

Whether there is merit to his thinking is beside the point for me.

It really pisses me off that this is exactly what Goodell and the butthurt owners were trying to do with Defamegate; make the other teams more competitive by hamstringing the Pats.

They just can't compete with the Pats on an even playing field, but they will beat their chests and talk smack if they beat a team that is being unfairly disadvantaged.

It makes me think of the Farside comic where this hunter shoots a bear from behind a tree, where the bear is drinking out of a stream and doesn't even see the huner.

The next scene shows the hunter's house and the bear is stuffed and posed menacingly, as if that is the danger that the hunter really faced.

Whether there is merit to his thinking is beside the point for me.

It really pisses me off that this is exactly what Goodell and the butthurt owners were trying to do with Defamegate; make the other teams more competitive by hamstringing the Pats.

They just can't compete with the Pats on an even playing field, but they will beat their chests and talk smack if they beat a team that is being unfairly disadvantaged.

It makes me think of the Farside comic where this hunter shoots a bear from behind a tree, where the bear is drinking out of a stream and doesn't even see the huner.

The next scene shows the hunter's house and the bear is stuffed and posed menacingly, as if that is the danger that the hunter really faced.

haha

Exactly.

In other words, Goodell and the other owners are the ones doing the cheating against our team.

Why on earth did Kraft capitulate last May? Why?

What could have possibly happened by not doing that?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back