Jets Studying Brady, Looking For Weaknesses in QB's Game

Status
Not open for further replies.

PatsFans.com Article

Pro Bowl Player
Reaction score
By: Ian Logue

Back in January the Jets realized that if they disrupt Tom Brady and put pressure on him, they'll be able to throw him off well enough to slow down New England's offense. That's still the plan they're going with heading into this week's showdown in Foxbo...

I hope the Pats beat the ***** OUT OF THAT TEAM. I don't want a blow out either. I want a physical beat down.

Last edited:
Good thing Miami, San Diego and Oakland didn't think of this! Buffalo thought of it, but Brady still managed to put up 31 on them.

I know, let's start Brian Hoyer or Ryan Mallet on Sunday! That will throw the Jests off!

Seriously, there was a game when Brady was still a relatively new Pats QB where the Jets were killing him in the first half. They made half time adjustments and he started getting rid of the ball on his third step (1-2-gone) and they couldn't get to him any more, and we ended up winning the game. It must have been one of the Superbowl years because the game is on one of the 3 Games to Glory CDs. BB and/or BOb should dust off that 2nd half game plan, which was probably engineered by Charlie Weis.

Last edited:
Good thing Miami, San Diego and Oakland didn't think of this! Buffalo thought of it, but Brady still managed to put up 31 on them.

I know, let's start Brian Hoyer or Ryan Mallet on Sunday! That will throw the Jests off!

Seriously, there was a game when Brady was still a relatively new Pats QB where the Jets were killing him in the first half. They made half time adjustments and he started getting rid of the ball on his third step (1-2-gone) and they couldn't get to him any more, and we ended up winning the game. It must have been one of the Superbowl years because the game is on one of the 3 Games to Glory CDs. BB and/or BOb should dust off that 2nd half game plan, which was probably engineered by Charlie Weis.

Lol. So true. Glad the know the Jets are studying Tom, it least they are preparing for the game like a profession team.

Because they certainly don't act like it in public.

The way to beat Brady. Get consistent pressure with a four man rush, the rest in pass coverage, and extra bonus if you can get the pressure from up the middle!

And if you can find a QB in history that can deal with that (other than maybe Steve Young, a young Elway and maybe Montana) then I am all ears.

OMG!

an nfl team studying the opposing quarterback's perceived weaknesses days before both teams square off in a divisional match-up?!

who would have thought such a thing was possible?! :eek:

OMG!

an nfl team studying the opposing quarterback's perceived weaknesses days before both teams square off in a divisional match-up?!

who would have thought such a thing was possible?! :eek:

Dear GOD what will they think of next!!!

It's diabolical!

If the take away Welker (Revis will bait Brady all game long) and the TE, then all of the sudden, that puts so much pressure on Branch to be the man. I am not sure where Ocho is in his progression, but this would be a great week to shine.

What will the hall of famer think of next!

If the take away Welker (Revis will bait Brady all game long) and the TE, then all of the sudden, that puts so much pressure on Branch to be the man. I am not sure where Ocho is in his progression, but this would be a great week to shine.

You're not going to stop Welker and Gronk in single coverage, so even if they are covered, someone will be open. Brady knows how to find open receivers, and if they try to replicate last year's gameplan, then we'd better be willing to just run the ball down their throats.

I think our OL has been underlooked this year in the reason brady has been so good. he's had all day to throw...hopefully they can hold up well against the jets blitzes

You're not going to stop Welker and Gronk in single coverage, so even if they are covered, someone will be open. Brady knows how to find open receivers, and if they try to replicate last year's gameplan, then we'd better be willing to just run the ball down their throats.

I see this game as Ridley's coming out party. When they have everyone in coverage, its time for ridley to bust a few.

Lol. So true. Glad the know the Jets are studying Tom, it least they are preparing for the game like a profession team.

Because they certainly don't act like it in public.

jets are never a profession team because they are classless

Ian,this thread should have NEWS FLASH with Blinking Lights attached,so members don't miss such revelations.I haven't seen such inside info since the CIA predicted the fall of the Soviet Union.......Oh...wait a minute:eek:

Last edited:
Jets are going to need a lot more than just studying to win on sunday

That was the 2001 game in NY. Marc Edwards had a big game, I think.

I am guessing they did the same thing before the 45-3 loss last year

By: Ian Logue

Back in January the Jets realized that if they disrupt Tom Brady and put pressure on him, they'll be able to throw him off well enough to slow down New England's offense. That's still the plan they're going with heading into this week's showdown in Foxbo...

I wonder if they are going to take three dives on defense just as we are driving the ball, wonder if that is in their game plan . . . given what the Gmen did a few weeks ago, the JESTs might want to think about plan B . . .

it should be a dog fight, but i think we got a good chance to come out on top . . . .

Wouldn't it be easier for them to just review their own game film and find the weaknesses in Sanchez's game? Granted they may run out of paper in the Jets' facilities trying to write down all the weaknesses in Sanchez's game.

Amazing. Some Jet staff member must have walked into a meeting and declared, "Hey, I have an idea!"

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes