PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

JETS sign Plax...

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is a great signing by the Jets. A one year deal for peanuts, for a guy with the potential to really help their offense. His height will really help with the inaccuracy of Mr. Sanchez.

I'd have hated this move if the Patriots had made it, because I wouldn't have liked the fit, but he'll fit in New York, if his legs come back. If they don't, the Jets are only out $3 million.

hahahahahaha they just got one of the most washed up WRs out there! He will be a great fit. The Jests like criminals and scumbags.

I heard a bit of Aso's Eagles press conference this morning on SIRIUS NFL radio. He seemed well grounded and thoughtful. Were he a Patriot he'd be a great spokesman for the team. Seems like a great guy.
He must be a great guy not to choose the Jets and play them like a fiddle.

This is a great signing by the Jets. A one year deal for peanuts, for a guy with the potential to really help their offense. His height will really help with the inaccuracy of Mr. Sanchez.

I'd have hated this move if the Patriots had made it, because I wouldn't have liked the fit, but he'll fit in New York, if his legs come back. If they don't, the Jets are only out $3 million.

Im willing to bet the Jets were highest bidder in guaranteed money. Plastico got all the money he could and all the risk is on the Jets.

Two team sources confirmed that the Giants did make a formal offer to the soon-to-be 34-year-old receiver, but it offered little in guaranteed money and was very heavily laden with incentives according to Ralph Vacchiano of the New York Daily News. The total package of their one-year offer could have been worth as much as $4 million – more than the $3.017 million Burress got from the Jets, both sources said.

However that offer included no signing bonus, just $1 million in salary, and a whopping $3 million in incentives, some of which were tied to playing time ($500,000) and most of which were tied to performance ($2.5 million).

Stupid Plaxico. He's one of the people responsible for me not being able to listen to Tom Petty ever again.

Ain't this the truth? I used to love Tom Petty, but I was in such a bad mood during that half-time show (and that was BEFORE the ending debacle), I can't listen to him any more without thinking of the game that shall not be named. Free Fallin' indeed.

Don't know how I feel about this. Low risk anyways but until I see otherwise I'm assuming he's done.

Conversely, Burress may put his best foot forward.

Yep. Plax shot himself in the leg and Rex shot himself in the foot! Welker will probably bring this up in his next presser being the good foot soldier that he is. This is a weird pick up with the other WRs out there and the options that will be available when the cut downs begin.

He must be a great guy not to choose the Jets and play them like a fiddle.

The Green Beans played themselves like a fiddle, not knowing how to approach an intelligent athlete. Jabba Wrecks had Adam Sandler call Nnamdi, of all things! Here is a player who does charity work in Africa with former presidents, and you expect a B-movie comedian to impress him? Pathetic.

This would also seem to elimitate the JETS from Randy's short list...

On a purely football note I think Randy in NY would hurt us as much as Bledsoe in Buffalo.

On a human note I'd be sad and a bit pissed at the Jets for doing that. It'd be like when Steinbrenner hired George "Boomer" Scott at the end of his career just to play him against Boston.

Wishing hell on anyone is unChristian, but purgatory...

if he goes to Philly just give them the SB Jesus

they are nasty everywhere and their WR corps is topnotch already
Nope. Vick declined as year wore on
Cold, Hard Football Facts.com: Big acquisitions put big pressure on Vick

So you guys are saying he won't be very good when the starter's pistol goes off? Even so, I guess somebody had to give him a shot.

But from our standpoint, it beats several alternatives. E.g., it would have been scary if they'd gotten a revenge-oriented Moss; we dodged a bullet there.

Indeed, it's possible that Ryan shot himself in the foot with this decision.

I guess the foot and gun thing was too much for you too, huh?

edit: what happened to the color?

Last edited:
The Green Beans played themselves like a fiddle, not knowing how to approach an intelligent athlete. Jabba Wrecks had Adam Sandler call Nnamdi, of all things! Here is a player who does charity work in Africa with former presidents, and you expect a B-movie comedian to impress him? Pathetic.

Is this true? That's disgraceful.

The thing about the Jets off-season so far, is that they haven't gotten any better. They're maintaining the status quo thus far, and they haven't even done that successfully. With this move, they've gotten worse. Edwards is a much better athlete than Plax, and as people have been saying, Plax is out of shape, two years older, and wasn't that good before the injury. He was struggling mightly. I would know, he was on my fantasy team.

Is this true? That's disgraceful.

The thing about the Jets off-season so far, is that they haven't gotten any better. They're maintaining the status quo thus far, and they haven't even done that successfully. With this move, they've gotten worse. Edwards is a much better athlete than Plax, and as people have been saying, Plax is out of shape, two years older, and wasn't that good before the injury. He was struggling mightly. I would know, he was on my fantasy team.

Yes he did.
Twitter

&
Adam Sandler, Nnamdi Asomugha And A Bizarre Free Agency Story - From Our Editors - SBNation.com

I guess the Pats could always give Joey Galloway a call now that Plax is off the market.

Last edited:
I guess the Pats could always give Joey Galloway a call now that Plax is off the market.

They should have Lenny Clark call him. He's a b-lister who's a Pats fan (or at least a Red Sox fan. Close enough, right?).

Last edited:
They should have Lenny Clark call him. He's a b-lister who's a Pats fan (or at least a Red Sox fan. Close enough, right?).

Lenny is definitely a Pats fan. He co-runs the auction at Matt Light's Celebrity Shootout every year. It's really funny. Bid it up or face the comic wrath of Lenny.

Lenny is definitely a Pats fan. He co-runs the auction at Matt Light's Celebrity Shootout every year. It's really funny. Bid it up or face the comic wrath of Lenny.

I'd cough up some serious dough to have dinner with Lenny and Leary. I don't think I'd agree to play for the Jets for them, though.

I dont understand why Asomugh wasnt impressed.:confused:

Waterboy200200.jpg

I'd cough up some serious dough to have dinner with Lenny and Leary. I don't think I'd agree to play for the Jets for them, though.

I would love to sit across from Leary at the dinner table. That guy is hilarious.

I'm more concerned about the 583 times they're going to replay his TD catch in the SB during the Pats/Jets games than I am over anything he'll do on the field.
I've already seen it 4 times today. (Of course I'm watching NFLN)

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes