PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

JETS sign Plax...

Status
Not open for further replies.
So you guys are saying he won't be very good when the starter's pistol goes off? Even so, I guess somebody had to give him a shot.

But from our standpoint, it beats several alternatives. E.g., it would have been scary if they'd gotten a revenge-oriented Moss; we dodged a bullet there.

Indeed, it's possible that Ryan shot himself in the foot with this decision.

There is a chance he has something left, but he sucked in the 2008 season even before the gun incident. The only positive that he has going for him now is that he was constantly injured his last few years. Maybe two years off has allowed his body to heal and he might not suffer the injuries that hampered his play.

Personally, I think Ryan and Tannebaum were desperate to give him $3 million guaranteed without even knowing for sure if he has anything left. I mean what is the most they could have done with him? Let him run the 40 a couple of times? Remember, Moss looked spectacular last year in training camp in shorts. He was a dud when the season rolls around. The Jets are on the hook for that money and they don't even know what Plax will look like on the practice field, nevermind real games.

Last edited:
I'm more concerned about the 583 times they're going to replay his TD catch in the SB during the Pats/Jets games than I am over anything he'll do on the field.

The Jets had to make this move, they had already decided not to bring Edwards back and without Edwards a big downgrade to the O.

The Jets window is closing rapidly.

So you guys are saying he won't be very good when the starter's pistol goes off? Even so, I guess somebody had to give him a shot.

But from our standpoint, it beats several alternatives. E.g., it would have been scary if they'd gotten a revenge-oriented Moss; we dodged a bullet there.

:) Is that you, Wes?

Guess he'll need to start licking the wound.

:rolleyes:

This is good news,because it's not Braylon or Malcolm Floyd....at least so far.

I'm still surprised little tanny didn't follow up on my Rich Kotite suggestion.....Why won't the jets* listen to me?.....Did I not give them the rights to octo-dad?....for nothing!.....I'm calling Tom Condon,right now!:bricks:

Good pick up for the Jets in IMO. Plax gave the Pats nightmares everytime they matched up (vs our former midget CBs). Hopefully our new CBs are much better at covering him. He is a talented WR and will be an improvement over Edwards

Well to Jets fans credit, scanning their boards it doesn't seem like a lot of people are sugar coating it and turning Burress into the 2006 version of Burress.

Good pick up for the Jets in IMO. Plax gave the Pats nightmares everytime they matched up (vs our former midget CBs). Hopefully our new CBs are much better at covering him. He is a talented WR and will be an improvement over Edwards

Is this a different Paxico Burress you're talking about?

This is good news,because it's not Braylon or Malcolm Floyd....at least so far.

I'm still surprised little tanny didn't follow up on my Rich Kotite suggestion.....Why won't the jets* listen to me?.....Did I not give them the rights to octo-dad?....for nothing!.....I'm calling Tom Condon,right now!:bricks:
Malcom Floyd is the big WR I see out there. I'd love to see the Patriots make a run at him.

Ocho, Floyd, Welker & Branch = ah yeah.

Replacing Howdy Doody with Bozo the Clown, and a downgrade at that. This won’t sell any PSLs. What a pathetic franchise.

Seams like the Jets are also interested in Todd Heap

Well to Jets fans credit, scanning their boards it doesn't seem like a lot of people are sugar coating it and turning Burress into the 2006 version of Burress.

As they shouldn't, like with the Haynesworth trade, it has the potential for some nice upside. And it's not like they're asking him to be the #1 or anything, but we're both relying on our new acquisitions to pull through. Otherwise, it's a step backwards.

Seams like the Jets are also interested in Todd Heap

Now Heap would be a nice addition for them although Marty Ball doesn't usually feature the two TE set too much. I don't know if Schotty Jr. is good enough to revise the offense his dad gave him to utilize both Heap and Keller at the same time. Only time will tell. But if they sign Heap and Schotty can revise the gamebook on the fly, Heap would be a great addition for them.

if he goes to Philly just give them the SB Jesus

they are nasty everywhere and their WR corps is topnotch already

you really think Vince young can carry the team while Vick is out atleast 6 weeks when he gets hurt?

I get tired of hearing about 'the Moss Revenge Factor'

Moss played us right after we traded him to Minn and did NOTHING.....the fact is Moss no longer has it...if there was going to be a 'revenge' game,it would have been the Minnesota game.....

Moss has lost the ability to 'get even' with ANY team unless you consider revenge as a game catching passes for a total of 30 yards :rolleyes:....

Jets are trying to copy the Pats with the 2TE sets lol....;)

I wonder how much Braylon would have signed for. If they saved a lot of money this may have been a good move for them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back