Status
Not open for further replies.

MoLewisrocks

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
It is on in NY...LOL

$3M fully guaranteed.

Be interesting to see where he is at physically after a couple of years away at his age?

Potentially better than Edwards although he won't block the way Edwards did.

epic! That means Edwards is gone probably sweet.

A 34 year old WR that spent the last two years in prison, who wasn't really that great with the Gmen 3 years ago.

Downgrade ftw

Hilarious

They will never hear then end from Giants fans now.

Any interest in Edwards? Still looking for a WR to create separation down field?

Drat. But BB as usual is ready; I suspect that Ras-I was drafted just for this type of guy. Should be fun to watch; I suspect that Ras-I will steal his lunch money out of his back pocket.

Last edited:
Could work out well for them later in the season. Time will tell as to how quickly he can jump back into the game and be effective after being out of football and not getting knocked around for 2 seasons. I'm sure he'll do alright there. In his prime you could just lob the ball up to him and he'd come down with it most of the time.

I just remember Vick's first year out of the slammer....physically he was a shell of his former self. Another thing comes to mind, Michael Phelps took months off after the last Olympics...and his coach stated a formula: to get back to that high level, every missed day need to be replaced by a training day....miss 365 days, need 365 just get back to even. Swimming isn't football....but you don't get tackled under water either (Except water polo of course)

Any interest in Edwards? Still looking for a WR to create separation down field?

No, he will be serving a 4 game suspension for the DUI I believe.

Isnt that the penalty there?

This would also seem to elimitate the JETS from Randy's short list...

Sick retaliation effort by the JESTS. Edwards is better imho. Plax was a bit overrated. Even Moss has better hands than Plax. I would have been concerned if it was Moss

Last edited:
Well seems they don't want him, I wouldn't mind Edwards in a Patriot uniform, he put up numbers with Sanchez being his QB so with Brady he would be a monster!

To make room Tate would be the unlucky one, as dangerous as he is on returns I think the new rules for kick offs will nullify returners a fair bit.

34 years old and has no football legs. Did you see how Vick looked when he came out? Now imagine a less athletic individual.

Look for Edwards to sign with Philly or San Fran.

I don't think it's as bad a move as most. The guys was a terrific wide receiver, and in watching him speak seemed to finally "get it". There is the risk of being out of football, but I would assume he had alot of time to do nothing but workout. :) I hope at 34 he has regressed for our sake. We'll be finding out.

Look for Edwards to sign with Philly or San Fran.

if he goes to Philly just give them the SB Jesus

they are nasty everywhere and their WR corps is topnotch already

Last edited:
Now with Moss having no teams interested, right? How about offering him the vet minimum.

If Moss truly loves the Pats, BB, etc. he would swallow his pride and be the
#4th WR that goes deep on a few snaps a game. Doubt it though.

LOL! Jets fans laughed at the Pats for trading for OchoCinco. I bet many of them wished Tannenbaum beat the Pats to the punch now.

Plax is a step down. Seriously, the guy may be in shape, but I doubt he is in football shape. The guy hasn't played in 2 1/3 seasons and even when he last played he only averaged about 45 yards a game as a primary WR. He is now 34 and has to work his way back into football shape. It took Michael Vick a year and he was about six years younger.

Personally, I am happy they signed Plax (although would have rather seen the sign Moss). That means they most likely will be out of the race for Malcom Floyd or James Jones (I think much better options). They clearly have moved on from Braylon Edwards. First official sign of downgrade for the Jets. Other spots aren't official since they still can make moves.

Last edited:
So you guys are saying he won't be very good when the starter's pistol goes off? Even so, I guess somebody had to give him a shot.

But from our standpoint, it beats several alternatives. E.g., it would have been scary if they'd gotten a revenge-oriented Moss; we dodged a bullet there.

Indeed, it's possible that Ryan shot himself in the foot with this decision.

Last edited:
We'll just have to wait and see, but 3million guaranteed for a guy who hasn't played in a couple of years...hmmmmmm

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes