Status
Not open for further replies.

pats1

PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
http://www.kffl.com/hotw/nfl

Jets | Team signs Chatham
Mon, 13 Mar 2006 18:19:28 -0800

Randy Lange, of the Bergen Record, reports the New York Jets have signed free agent LB Matt Chatham (Patriots) to a three-year contract. No financial terms were disclosed, but the contract was described by agent Paul Sheehy as a "hybrid" in which Chatham, who had four career starts in six seasons with New England, can cash in if he wins a starting LB job in head coach Eric Mangini's defense.

Good move for Chatham.

He diidnt have a lot to offer here, but with Mangini he could help a lot in implementing the switch to the 3-4. I think Mangini also found the cupboard bare of special teams studs.
Chatham will probably play more snaps on D this year for the NYJ than he played in his Pat career.

Happy for Matt, couldn't care less for the Patriots. Easily replaced.

I seem to recall some comments from BB indicating that Chatham was a guy who couldn't feel content with his ST-focused role. He was eaten up with not being able to get on the field more as an LB...not in a selfish way, just competitive and expecting more from himself (and maybe not appreciating ST). This move should give him a chance.

Bummer!

EricManga should know what he's getting.

I've long felt that Matt C. could do more here ... and then i remember that old saying about Brazil

... it's the land of the future ... and always will be.

Really dosent matter. Good sT guy, but did nothing when he played LB.

I've always thought Matt to be a loyal player who was unlucky enough to play behind some of the best LB's in the league. If it were 15-20 years ago Matt plays all the time. Good Luck to him...he'll be invaluable in the clubhouse.

Good luck to Matt, with a couple exceptions each year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back