PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Jets sign Donald Strickland after losing Nhamdi Asomugha

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't i think pats have really pressured him in a game. Every time he's in the pocket, the pats just play back and let him make his throws.

Correct me if i am wrong but Sanchezs numbers blow against the pats..i think

Correct me if i am wrong but Sanchezs numbers blow against the pats..i think

Dont know about blow... but he made clutch throws when he needed them... Facemasking cunningham and putting grease on his jersey didnt hurt either!

It's an even bigger issue at their QB position. I don't want to see us playing w/o Brady, but if it happened, Hoyer and a big O-line plus a solid running game and TE packages could keep us in contention.

The Jets? They released Marc Brunell & Kevin O'Connell yesterday. As of now, IIRC, Sanchez is the ONLY QB on their roster.

NB: After further research, they have a 7th round rookie named Greg McElroy and another named Drew Willy who came via the Ravens, Colts and the Las Vegas Locomotives, in that order.

Alabama's Greg McElroy is a natural leader and he led Bama under Nick Saban to a National title. Many Pats fans were hoping to take him in the 6th or 7th round as another POISED Brain Hoyer type, a heady but physically undertalented QB.

We never expected to have Mallett fall to us in the third.

No that is reserved for the perrenial inseason Chumps. The Jets window of opportunity has slammed shut. Bye Bye Jenkins, Taylor, Ellis, Woody, Cromartie, Edwards...

You can't make chicken salad from chicken feathers. Buh Bye Rex... Hello 7-9.

Brad Smith is also gone, and they are spending $10M per for their #1 WR who is one mess up away from a year suspension. It's 10:45 PM on a Saturday night. Any chance Holmes is firing up a bong right about now? We can only hope.

I hate the Jets as much as anybody but this thread is getting silly. The Jets have a great defensive team, a great coach, and an ok offense. They've gone very deep in the playoffs two years in a row and they have a very similar team this year (not the same, but similar). The off-season isn't over and we haven't seen their rookies on the field.

Writing them off as contenders is premature.

The "have adam sandler call aso" thing is wicked retahded though.

The Jets had something like 18 FA's and have so far re-signed I think 3 plus the subject of this thread. As of right now they are not even close to the team they were last year. They still have time to sign a few guys and get close to similar but as of right this second they have taken several steps backward.

Cromartie played well for them last year. Edwards made some huge plays as did Brad Smith. Ellis was their best front-7 player in that playoff game against us and has been very good for a long time. Pool was pretty good for them at safety, Taylor was decent, Gholston oh never mind. Their RT is gone.

The other RT Hunter, one of the guys they did re-sign, played okay for them when Woody went down but now who do they have if Hunter goes down?

Right now this team is very dissimilar to last year's team. If we were in the Jets situation right now this board would be utter pandemonium!

But I won't write them off until the off-season plays out if it will make you feel better.

But he always gets that 1 play where he breaks out of the pocket slightly and makes a 50+ yard pass.

His stats in NE are pretty bad..in NY they are decent

Jets have a lot of scrambling to do after missing out on Aso - they've lost 5 or more veterans who were contributors to their team: ellis, brad smith, braylon edwards, cromartie, and poole. There's probably more but that's just off the top of my head. Getting Asomugha would have helped mask a lot of those deficiencies in their team. But since that train has left the station the Jets have to look hard at themselves and try to figure out how to get back to last year's level.

They don't have a ton of cap room and I don't see any other stars on the market available now to help them unless - they trade for Osi (their passrush is still pretty bad) or trade for Asante (not as good as Asomugha but he's good for 5+ picks a season). The Jesters have their work cut out for them. As of right now they've taken 2 or 3 steps backwards from last year. There's still time for them to catch up but they got a LOT of catching up to do.

The jets suck..The jets won a lot of games last year against crap teams in the last min that they shouldnt have won. Thats not going to go on forever.

Sick and tired of all the jets love. They suck. Sanchez sucks, and even Revis sucks just because he is a jet...

Revis does not actually suck, but Sanchez does for sure. like not a good football player suck, not just because he is on the jets..he is trully not good.

I did not know to this very moment...that we were separated at birth.:rocker:

I didn't say under pressure...i said in the afc championship game.

There's a difference between the two. They get tight during afc championship games just like the cubs do in nlcs

Just look at how the jets played in the first half against the steelers in afc championship game.

Yea I know...That was a terrible first half. I personally think that last years Jets were actually a better team than that Steeler team. Maybe it was a hold over from the Patriots victory? I dunno. I do know that it was painful to see Rashard Mendenhall run all over us like that. But that's neither hear nor there because Green Bay was an UNSTOPPABLE MACHINE by that time. I don't think we got tight in the 2009 AFC championship game...the better team just won that one.

I can't remember where I saw this stat, might have been from ESPN boston, but when the Pats send 4+ rushers, Sanchez had a 90+ QB rating and when the Pats rushed 4- rushers, it was way below 80.

I need to find that article.

Y'all need to hold back your excitement. The Jets ain't collapsing. Sanchez is going to light it up in his third year. :rolleyes:

All the Pats need to do is find four fathers of underage 16 and 17 year old girls, put 'em in uniform and let them loose on the statutory rapist-chez...who's gonna stop them, La Notclassy-done?

Brad Smith is also gone, and they are spending $10M per for their #1 WR who is one mess up away from a year suspension. It's 10:45 PM on a Saturday night. Any chance Holmes is firing up a bong right about now? We can only hope.

Were I, a loyal Patriots fan, to supply him with a quality spliff with law enforcement watching would Patsfans membership get together to post my bail? Just askin.

Were I, a loyal Patriots fan, to supply him with a quality spliff with law enforcement watching would Patsfans membership get together to post my bail? Just askin.

I'd do a charity poll dance to raise funds for your bail.

No?

ok then.

no need, Brother Pissah...I'll just get you hooked up with a MedMar card so YOU are immune and he gets the chair.

If the Jets don't resign Cromartie I have a feeling they'll trade with Philly to get Assante. Bad news is he's an upgrade over Cromartie in coverage and probably a lateral move in run support as neither likes put a helmet on somebody. Good news is Philly will fleece them for his rights further making them a top heavy team with no depth.

If the Jets don't resign Cromartie I have a feeling they'll trade with Philly to get Assante. Bad news is he's an upgrade over Cromartie in coverage and probably a lateral move in run support as neither likes put a helmet on somebody. Good news is Philly will fleece them for his rights further making them a top heavy team with no depth.

Not only will Philly fleece the Jets, teams will be having a field day throwing towards AS when they blitz. AS is just a pure zone off man CB.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back