PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Jets sign Donald Strickland after losing Nhamdi Asomugha

Status
Not open for further replies.

PATRIOTSFANINPA

Pro Bowl Player
2019 Weekly Picks Winner
Reaction score
Looks like Strickland could be back as the #2 corner there...cut by the Chargers Thursday and Jets took him back aboard where he played for NY in 09

LOL that's a huge drop off from Asomugha...Strickland isn't good enough to carry Nhamdi's bags to the Airport.

Brady will be throwing to Branch all day in Don's direction.

This is assuming Cromartie is leaving town.

Last edited:
They're still supposedly in the hunt for Cro, I don't think they trust Wilson to be the #2 and would like him as an insurance policy more than the nickel cb.

I'm surprised that the Jets let Drew Coleman go.. And to sign Strickland..Tom Brady has abused Strickland so much...

I hope the Jets tank it on the rest of the pre-season.

I'm surprised that the Jets let Drew Coleman go.. And to sign Strickland..Tom Brady has abused Strickland so much...

I hope they don't stop tanking it there! :cool:

Last offseason the Jets were declared offseason champs....might be the offseason chumps this year :rocker:

mj-laughing.gif

This would be akin to me buying a minivan instead of a Ferrari. Can't say I'm upset if he was their second corner.

If Cromartie isn't back then Revis will be practically getting paid Millions just to be on the field without a lot of action because no opposing QB will be going in his direction much...they will just send the ball in the opposite direction towards a much weaker link in the Jets secondary....you would be crazy not to.

Without Cromartie I think any team that plays the Jets would be wise to have the #2 receiver and tight ends catch much of the balls and let their #1 WR have the day off out there :cool:

Bejeeeezus.....a Donald Strickland thread?

What's next:"The EarthWindandFire Moreland" Revival Tour thread?:nono:

Last edited:
Last offseason the Jets were declared offseason champs....might be the offseason chumps this year :rocker:

No that is reserved for the perrenial inseason Chumps. The Jets window of opportunity has slammed shut. Bye Bye Jenkins, Taylor, Ellis, Woody, Cromartie, Edwards...

You can't make chicken salad from chicken feathers. Buh Bye Rex... Hello 7-9.

Wilson is a slot cb for the nickel sets. I wonder if they have the cap space for Cromarte.

It looks like the Jets are pretty thin depth wise.

They're still supposedly in the hunt for Cro, I don't think they trust Wilson to be the #2 and would like him as an insurance policy more than the nickel cb.
They cannot afford insurance policies. They have no depth all over the field.

Wilson sucked in the slot position.....he was an outside cb in college, no?

Jets keep getting worse...

Gotta love it....

I may have to send a thank you card to Andy Reid. :D

The Jets will be a better team with Strickland plus all the holes they will fill with the Aso money than with Aso.
Of course with Aso and all those holes they were going to really suck, so how much better is the question.

They need an insurance policy for their season. I'm not certain anyone would write one, though.

Wilson sucked in the slot position.....he was an outside cb in college, no?

Jets keep getting worse...

Gotta love it....

Anyone good enough to be a #1 rd pick in the nfl was the best outside CB on his team's roster. Given his size he projects as a slot CB in the NFL. The issue last year was he was forced to play outside during the Revis saga and never got a camp playing in his natural position bad job by Rex putting the kid in a position to fail.

I wasn't saying they need him as one, I was saying they prefer him as one with someone better in front, because honestly, he was very unimpressive.

My favorite part of this whole circus has been contemplating how if the Jets had spent last year's #1 pick on somebody like Devin McCourty instead of Kyle Wilson, they wouldn't have had to go through it at all. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes