PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Jets RIP OFF Daniel Snyder...

Status
Not open for further replies.
2009 #4, I wouldn't sweat it too much.

They may have gotten more out of the Redskins than Kendall is worth, but the Jets look like they may be risking this season to do it. Their left side of the line are could be in trouble. Ferguson had problems protecting Pennington's blindside with Kendall last year. How well is he going to do lining up next to Adrien Clarke?

As for Kendall's attitude, I don't get where he has had that bad of an attitude. The guy claimed that he had a verbal agreement with the Jets that the Jets renegged. The guy could have sat out, but he came to camp. He could have caused more waves when the Jets "accidentally" put him in the rookie dorms and they demoted him from starting guard to back up center when he is the best guard they had on the roster. If they had no intentions of keeping Kendall, why not either cut him or tell him to stay away from camp until they have a trade. The Jets made a concerted effort to humiliate Kendall.

I can see this as a lose-lose or a win-win for the Jets and Washington as much I can see it as the Jets stealing from the Redskins. If Pennington is on the IR by week three or passing for 20 INTs because Ferguson and Clarke can't stop the rush, how did the Jets win in this case?

Perhaps the acid test would be to ask yourself,
"If i were a Jets fan ..." and then <shudder>
... "would i be pleased with this trade?"

Some here venture onto Jets messageboards.
What are the real ones saying?

On the other side of the coin, Joe Gibbs loves himself good smashmouth interior lineplay, and Kendall will probably give him that for a season or two.

Skins currently have Todd Wade at Kendall's left guard slot. Yeah. I think the Skins just went out and fixed some immeadiate problems on that O-line.

Mangini has his team going in the right direction, he took a 4-12 team into the playoffs. Overall their drafts / free agent pickups have been solid.

Most 4th of 5th round picks don't end up on the roster and we won't know until next year at the earliest.

Who cares about what some idiot from Long Island thinks about the Patriots?

I am still wondering how much of the Jets' success was a mirage. They beat a lot of bad teams to get those ten wins and the Pats were the only team above .500 they beat other than Tennessee who were like 0-4 when they met the Jets. I think this year is a true measuring stick of the jets' success.

As for what someone in Long Island thinks, I really don't care. I just think it is funny how they ragged on Belichick for being petty with his lukewarm handshake with Mangini and now Mangini is being petty towards Kendall.

Okay, I give up. You guys are right. Pete Kendall, an oft-injured 35-year old who was being a TOTAL malcontent in camp, demanding a trade or a re-working of his deal (which they weren't going to do), a guy who brings almost no versatility to an OL - HE is worth a 4th and 5th round pick.

Now, if what some of you have updated is true - that it's a 4th rounder two years hence, that's not quite as bad. But this thread - and feel free to read - was based partly on the report that the jets were getting a 4th AND a 5th for him. I think that's a 4th too many. You don't. Fair enough.

The Jets and the Skins arguing over a 34-year-old interior lineman with a crappy attitude and a 4th/5th round draft choice, sounds a lot to me like two bald men arguing over a comb with half its teeth missing. Sit back and enjoy the show.

At what point did a 4th round pick become a throw-away.

Leon Washington, Kerry Rhodes, Brad Smith - recent 4th round picks. Not bad. And better, IMO, than a 35-year old OG.

Leon Washington, Kerry Rhodes, Brad Smith - recent 4th round picks. Not bad. And better, IMO, than a 35-year old OG.

True enough and a point well made. Altrhough I daresay with some research you could find three busts to match.

Okay, I give up. You guys are right. Pete Kendall, an oft-injured 35-year old who was being a TOTAL malcontent in camp, demanding a trade or a re-working of his deal (which they weren't going to do), a guy who brings almost no versatility to an OL - HE is worth a 4th and 5th round pick.

Now, if what some of you have updated is true - that it's a 4th rounder two years hence, that's not quite as bad. But this thread - and feel free to read - was based partly on the report that the jets were getting a 4th AND a 5th for him. I think that's a 4th too many. You don't. Fair enough.

I wish Asante Samuel was such a malcontent. What you refuse to see is that Kendall claims the Jets promised to redo his deal and renegged. Kendall could have easily have just sat out until the Jets traded him or cut him or gave into his demands, but he showed up to camp. The Jets then treated him like crap and the only thing he did other than telling the press he wasn't happy was to muff two shotgun snaps that might or might not have been deliberate or could have been just him not being used to snapping the ball in shotgun situations. I think that the Jets treated Kendall poorer than Kendall treated the Jets.

I think the Jets got value for Kendall. I just don't think they as they are consituted right now are a better team today as they were with Kendall on the roster. If Pennington gets drilled into the carpet a dozen more times because of it or turns over the ball three or four more times, I don't know if the Jets made the best move.

Don't forget they were only squabbling over a million dollars that Kendall gave back to the team last year when they asked him to renegotiate his deal to help them get cap flexibility. If they lose Pennington for the season because of it, I think the Jets made a stupid mistake.

True enough and a point well made. Altrhough I daresay with some research you could find three busts to match.

"True enough a point well made" yourself.

I wish Asante Samuel was such a malcontent. What you refuse to see is that Kendall claims the Jets promised to redo his deal and renegged. Kendall could have easily have just sat out until the Jets traded him or cut him or gave into his demands, but he showed up to camp. The Jets then treated him like crap and the only thing he did other than telling the press he wasn't happy was to muff two shotgun snaps that might or might not have been deliberate or could have been just him not being used to snapping the ball in shotgun situations. I think that the Jets treated Kendall poorer than Kendall treated the Jets.

I think the Jets got value for Kendall. I just don't think they as they are consituted right now are a better team today as they were with Kendall on the roster. If Pennington gets drilled into the carpet a dozen more times because of it or turns over the ball three or four more times, I don't know if the Jets made the best move.

Don't forget they were only squabbling over a million dollars that Kendall gave back to the team last year when they asked him to renegotiate his deal to help them get cap flexibility. If they lose Pennington for the season because of it, I think the Jets made a stupid mistake.

To be clear, I certainly HOPE you guys are right! :)

Quality? go back and look at last year's playof game, Kendall got thrown around like a rag doll all game long. He's a 34 year old undersized guard.
4th round pick is splendid for that middle of the road bum.

Yeah, you go with this if it makes you feel better about losing him.

The Jets and the Skins arguing over a 34-year-old interior lineman with a crappy attitude and a 4th/5th round draft choice, sounds a lot to me like two bald men arguing over a comb with half its teeth missing. Sit back and enjoy the show.

Oh, boy - you do know how to turn a phrase, don't you?

It sure does

Good for you. Some of your saner brethren at Gang Green have a more accurate grasp of the situation than you do. But for you, apparently, ignorance is bliss.

According to ESPN:

The Jets will now choose between second-year veteran Adrien Clarke and rookie Jacob Bender, a sixth-round draft choice who primarily played tackle in college, to fill the void at the left guard spot.

According to CBS Sportsline:

The Jets will get a fifth-round pick in 2008 or a fourth-rounder in 2009, according to a source within the NFL speaking on condition of anonymity because the deal hadn't yet been completed.

From Yahoo!:

Pending a physical, the Jets will receive a fifth-round pick in 2008 or a fourth-rounder in 2009 for Kendall, an official within the NFL said Thursday. The official, who spoke on condition of anonymity because the trade had yet to be completed, also said the Redskins will do what New York wouldn't -- give Kendall a raise of approximately $1 million, boosting his salary to about $2.7 million.

So, let's sum it up. Washington replaced a player lost to injury. Kendall gets his raise. The Jets get either a 5th round pick after this season or a 4th round pick after next season, but have to play a rookie at guard this season and line him up near a disappointing second year tackle while having "Glassman" as a quarterback.

Great call for the Jets. :rolleyes: Will they be signing a turnstile to play center?

Living in 'Skins country, I understand that Danny & Joe are worried about being able to field an OL that can provide enough of a delay to keep a QB healthy for at least the first game of the season. To some, Kendall may not be a force. To the 'Skins, he's the second coming of John Hannah.

Before Pete, the 'Skins OL had about as much depth as Paris Hilton. It's all relative . . .

As I said before, let's keep Snyder and Gibbs on speed-dial. We've got OL to burn.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back