PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Jets release P Ben Graham for sucking vs. Patriots

Status
Not open for further replies.
When i saw those two punts in the preseason in the same game, one went out at the 2 and another inside the 5, i thought he was doing ok, plus he does have a strong leg, check youtube, he's belted one 85m in an afl game. Plus the jets gave him a 6 year deal.

I think they were looking for a scapegoat.

The guy has been terrible for over a year now. Even rotoworld knows it:

Jets released P Ben Graham.
Graham had followed up a mediocre 2007 season with a sketchy 2008 start. The Jets will likely work out punters on Wednesday to find a replacement.

Jets fans wanted his ass gone this offseason

The guy has been terrible for over a year now. Even rotoworld knows it:

Jets fans wanted his ass gone this offseason

=========================================================

QFT,, I agree K-Ro, I was a huge Grahm supporter, but he is not getting it done, no respectable football team should put up with an under performing punter.

Not saying he lost the game, but he sure didn't help. And he can't kick a field goal for ****, i.e. Kellen Clemens kicking into the net Jets vs fish.

QFT,, I agree K-Ro, I was a huge Grahm supporter, but he is not getting it done, no respectable football team should put up with an under performing punter.

Not saying he lost the game, but he sure didn't help. And he can't kick a field goal for ****, i.e. Kellen Clemens kicking into the net Jets vs fish.

I wanted him out after he couldnt knock through a PAT versus the fins. The guy had a gun when he first came on and he had that great technique where the ball would rotate differently causing guys to fumble. Now he cant hit it more then 40 yards.

You Jets fans would know better than I, so I'll take your word for it. Punters and kickers never get much leeway in the NFL, but it does make you wonder if he's being made in to a bit of a scapegoat in order to appease the fans and media. Here are some stats:

2008: ranks 20th in gross (43.4) and ranks 24th in net average (34.3 yds), but is 3rd worst in return yards - 91 after two games. He's also one of just a couple of punters to have no punts downed inside the 20 this year.

2007: ranked 19th in gross (43.3) and 22nd in net (36.6). Is ranked 17th inside the 20 (23) and is 10th in return yards (262).

2006: Pats were not too good this season. Graham ranked 12th in gross (44.2), 10th in net (37.8), 11th inside the 20 (26), and 2nd in return yards (205).

Definitely not as good as he was - but on the other hand, there's several other punters out there still starting who are worse.

As an Aussie I should feel upset.

He was an average AFL player...

There are 2 very good aussie punters though.... mcbriar for the cowboys adn rocca for the eagles.

wooo

To anyone who cares, there is another aussie bloke that was earmarked to try out as a punter in the NFL. He is a league player with an enormous boot and great speed, footwork and hands.

Ironically, he'd get more money as a punter in the NFL than what he does as the best player in rugby league.

YouTube - Freakish Greg Inglis Try he is the one who puts the ball down.

The team worked out three punters Tuesday -- veteran Josh Miller, a former Star-Ledger All-State player for East Brunswick High School, and youngsters Waylon Prather and Reggie Hodges. I'll get back to you on who they sign.
New York Jets release punter Graham - New York Jets Football - NJ.com

Didn't Miller use to kick for the Pats, is he any good?

Yes, he is the man!! I will be heartbroken if the Jets sign my favorite punter of all time!

Gunnails, nice job being a VIP, buddy.

Boy .. that will teach them to play better ... :rofl:

Next week the innactive players will get cut. :rofl:

In a dramatic move, Tubby Ratfink deflects blame by firing the punter! That's OK coach, we know it wasn't YOUR fault. When will those sorry ass players finally perform the way you taught them? You must be very frustrated.

So, if the Jesters are going to start releasing guys who suck, who's going to be playing for them?

So, if the Jesters are going to start releasing guys who suck, who's going to be playing for them?

Well played.

As an Aussie I should feel upset.

He was an average AFL player...

There are 2 very good aussie punters though.... mcbriar for the cowboys adn rocca for the eagles.

wooo

good thing you guys have the most important position covered:D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots