PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Jets receivers could be hinting that Sanchez sucks....

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Jets are 16th ranked offensive team in the league.

The Patriots are DEAD last on defense.

And yet, Pats are one Brady INT from being 4-0.

50-0 or 50-49 doesn't matter. Win is a win is a win.

Let's not get ahead of ourselves. This is going to be a tough game. Don't be surprised to see a resurgent Jets offense.

Not to be cliche, but that's especially true against a Patriot defense that has struggled mightily in many different ways. I am hoping for an improvement as the season goes on, but they're just not very good right now. Except for one or two games, Sanchez has been at least decent against the Pats defenses.

Not to be cliche, but that's especially true against a Patriot defense that has struggled mightily in many different ways. I am hoping for an improvement as the season goes on, but they're just not very good right now. Except for one or two games, Sanchez has been at least decent against the Pats defenses.

I agree, Pats defense is not "very good". But I don't really think any defense in the NFL is very good right now. Pats D good enough to be 3-1 right now. I'll take that every year.

You can't be serious? The NY media? LOL, no, this isn't even close.
NY Media has sukked Rex Ryans dlck for 3 years.

I don't agree with the Jets WR's talking, if that is the case, but it's rather customary for WR's to be talking, it's what they do, the Moss reference just supports this notion, and I find it funny that since Pats fans had no problems with Moss, they are knocking the Jets WR's.
Who says no one had a problem with Moss? I did. BB clearly did.
And Moss was NOT talking about on the field stuff and throwing teammates and coaches under the bus. Its totally different.

2 on offense and defense, huh? LOL, oh, ok.
Ferguson, Mangold, Revis, Harris. What else are you claiming is young stud talent?

Nice spin, you Pats fans can sure the hell spin their way out of an argument.
The fact that you have no answer shows you know its fact not spin.

The struggles this year have NOTHING to do with a "declining" football team. The Pats are a hell of a lot closer to declining due to the age of their most important players than the Jets are.
You think the Jets are not worse on both offense and defense in the 1st 4 games of this year than they were last year? No excuses, no bs about 'ceiling' I'm talking about on the field playing football.
Its not about age and future decline its about this years roster and team compared to last years. Yours is worse.

It's not dead on, it's not even close. The core of our OL is 27
What does the age of the core of your OL have to do with the awful depth behind it?

Mason is a one year solution at WR until Kerley is ready.
Kerley is a late round pick longshot to be an NFL WR.

Burress is a 1-2 year replacement for Edwards, Holmes was just given his contract and is 27.
What does trashing you 2 and 3 have to do with saying you have depth?

Jets have two young RB's they like in McKnight and Powell, both draft picks, both who showed some promise in the pre-season.
Neither have done a thing in the NFL and very few people aside from yuo have any reason to believe they ever will.
You are simply naming the roster and saying maybe they can play.
If these guys cant see the field when you don't have a quality starter what does it say about them?

The Maybin pick-up was actually in training camp, and it was to help address their pass rush, who the hell cares when he was picked-up.
He was cut then brought back and put right on the field. How do you think that doesnt say the depth at the position was weak?

How many players did the Pats pick up at the end of camp and during the season? Does that mean the Pats lack depth?
They have picked up special team players and injury replacements, not guys they cut and themn made them starters.

Our #3 corner is a bust? Based on what? Wilson has sure as hell looked a lot better than McCourty has this year and that impressive #32 ranked NFL defense.
Wilson was torched more last year as a nickel that McCourty has in 20 games as a starter.

The luxury of having a Tom Brady leading the offense, and a ]healthy OL. :rolleyes:
Our OL is more injured than yours.
That doesnt address the point, that your WRs have sukked.

Again, who the hell cares how he is on the roster, half of the Patriot secondary was brought off the street,
Really? Which half?

including your starting RG.
Probowl Free Agent.

So much for that Patriot depth, huh? Does it work both ways?
Of course it works both ways, but your points have nothing to do with depth, the first one is completely wrong, the second one is irrelevant, and in fact shows our depth improved by signing a starter and added the previous starter as depth.

They've sucked because of injuries on their OL, already covered, that doesn't change the fact they are a physical football team.
You had 1 injury.
Wanting to be a physical team and sukking at it does not make you a physical team.
You have to try to be a physical team because your QB stinks. We are considered 'finesse' because we have the GOAT QB and the priority of our OL is to pass block.

LOL, Dallas > Buffalo, I don't care what their record is right now, that will balance itself out. Baltimore >>>> Chargers Jax >> Miami
Dalls is an 8 and 8 team. Baltimore and the Chargers are a toss up. Jac and Miami are both awful/

It hasn't been the same schedule. Jets also had to play Baltimore in Baltimore, while the Pats got the Chargers at home.
And we went to Buffalo and you got Dallas at home.

LOL, I thought you gave up the prediction business? I remember you sucking at it quite well.

Pats fans must love the controversy hungry NY media, they will throw dirt at a moments notice.

The article is being overplayed, but so be it. I'm one of the fans that think the Jets OC is taking too much of a hit for the struggles the Jets have had with their OL, and the WR's are just doing what most WR's do. The Pats aren't too far removed from this notion with Randy Moss. And Ocho is nothing close to the player he probably should be now that he has to keep his mouth shut.

Predicting Rex will fail is a huge reach on your part. The Jets could very well regress this year from a performance standpoint, that won't change anything for the future, they have a very talented and young team, the core is young, teams don't normally go to the AFC Championship every year, every year there is a multitude of reasons why a team regresses and then bounces back, it isn't like the Pats win a playoff game every year.

Not sure where Pats fans have this notion that the Jets lack depth, it's rather ignorant.

You won't find many teams that have the talent and depth the Jets have at CB. They have a nice stable of RB's and youth, OL is actually very deep, but they've had injuries. WR group has a nice mix of veterans and youth, and their top 3 is pretty damn good. DL is young with a lot of talent, now and for the future. LB unit is pretty damn good, even with Bryan Thomas' loss, will be interesting to see if Aaron Maybin, former #9 overall pick two years ago can use this as opportunity to bounce back and take advantage of his opportunity.

There is no way in hell the Pats physically beat up any team, they aren't a physical team. That is what YOU and every other Pat fan needs to be worried about from the Jets, the Jets are built and are a physical team.

They are a dangerous team, but it isn't like the Jets are the only team with holes in it, the Pats are loaded with their own holes, and have played a cupcake schedule so far, which is really scary when you consider how awful the Pats D has been.

That said, the Jets certainly have their own issues, and today is a big game for them, most of their issues are correctable, and much of that can be corrected just with the return of Mangold at C on the OL.

Should be a great game.

First bolded part. Do not compare 3 of your idiot WRs *****ing about playcalling to Randy Moss. Randy Moss wasn't like that.

Second bolded part. Talented YOUNG team? Uh, WHAT?

Third bolded part. The Jets are top heavy. A couple injuries and they are screwed. Ya know, kind of like how their "deep oline you mentioned" is SCREWED while Mangold was out.

Fourth bolded part. Deep stable of good young RBs? Greene sucks, McKnight sucks, LT is old, Powell may be decent but who knows? So again wtf? And about the Oline part...The Jets have the opposite of a deep Oline. Period.

Cupcake schedule? Ok, cool.

You sound like the typical uneducated Jets homer. Congratulations.

[/QUOTE]

Go the hell away. You seem like the type of football fan that pays attention to the games and has a decent amount of information, but you're too uneducated to form a legitimate opinion based on the information at hand. You just aren't able to put the information you gathered into an educated opinion, and you're making it our problem by trolling this board. It should only be your problem, so just go crawl under a rock somewhere and stay there.

:trolls:

I've done it before and it's just not worth it, especially with a typical Jets fan.

We're lucky to have a few of their literate and intelligent posters pop in here, but clearly, this guy is not one of them.

Last edited:
I heard Dan Leberfeld (who Jetsfan1 will quickly label as a Jets hater not because Jetsfan1 is a homer, but he is completely objective:rolleyes:) talk about this issue. He said Holmes was targeted 13 times last week and came up with three receptions. He also said Mason has a long history of complaining about receptions and this year is no different. What the Jets have is three #1 WRs (or at least they think they are) and all of them wanting the ball. He also said the Jets should have kept either Edwards or Cotchery since both had continuity with Sanchez. He is worried that Sanchez will start to just feed these guys the ball to keep them happy rather going to the open man. He said two of his worst INTs this year were forced balls to Mason.

I heard Dan Leberfeld (who Jetsfan1 will quickly label as a Jets hater not because Jetsfan1 is a homer, but he is completely objective:rolleyes:) talk about this issue. He said Holmes was targeted 13 times last week and came up with three receptions. He also said Mason has a long history of complaining about receptions and this year is no different. What the Jets have is three #1 WRs (or at least they think they are) and all of them wanting the ball. He also said the Jets should have kept either Edwards or Cotchery since both had continuity with Sanchez. He is worried that Sanchez will start to just feed these guys the ball to keep them happy rather going to the open man. He said two of his worst INTs this year were forced balls to Mason.
Think they are is correct, because none of them are #1s.
So far this season all 3 combined have 35 receptions, and Wes Welker has 40.
Think thats because the Pats throw more? Even with Welker having 50% more catches than #2 in the NFL, the next 3 Gronk, Branch, Hernandez (in 2 games) have 48, about 40% more than the Jets top 3 WRs while being on the same team with Welker who gets 3 times more than any Jet WR.

And Brady has only 16 more attempts than sanchez.

Sounds to me like BB had it right in the NFLN documentary when he told Mason to shut up.

Jets should have kept Edwards and Cotchery. Instead they got a WR who still looks like he is in jail..and mason who looks 78 years old out there. Great decision jets

LOL, Dallas > Buffalo, I don't care what their record is right now, that will balance itself out. Baltimore >>>> Chargers Jax >> Miami

[/QUOTE]
The real question is Buffalo>>>Jets?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back