PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Jets re-sign Cromartie

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know Jets fans will spin this re-signing as being huge, but people kinda have short memories. Cause Cro was not exactly playing consistently well last season and drew a fair amount of criticism over it. I'd put Shaun Ellis in the same boat.

But one playoff win over the Patriots totally erases that....

:rolleyes:

#Jets Antonio Cromartie agreed to a four-year deal for $32 million, per source. #nyj

Wow. That's not exactly cheap.

No problem. He has the stride to stick with Moss and Tate, but not the feet to stick with Branch or Ochocinco. Revis can't cover them both.

No problem. He has the stride to stick with Moss and Tate, but not the feet to stick with Branch or Ochocinco. Revis can't cover them both.

The Patriots don't have a receiver named Moss. . . .

I know Jets fans will spin this re-signing as being huge, but people kinda have short memories. Cause Cro was not exactly playing consistently well last season and drew a fair amount of criticism over it. I'd put Shaun Ellis in the same boat.

They are already spinning it. One day they hate their GM..the next the praise him for this deal and the off season..i will never get those idiots

#Jets Antonio Cromartie agreed to a four-year deal for $32 million, per source. #nyj
Someone clearly needs to pay up to the salary floor. If not WOW!

Last edited:
Still see a pretty weak D-LINE

The Jets have now fixed the Nnamdi "damage", by getting Burress and Cromartie. I wonder if they'll decide to go after a RT of note, or keep it on the lower end.

The Patriots don't have a receiver named Moss. . . .

Referring to Cromartie's success against both Moss and Tate last year, as well as his struggle with Branch.

The Jets have now fixed the Nnamdi "damage", by getting Burress and Cromartie. I wonder if they'll decide to go after a RT of note, or keep it on the lower end.

They just paid out 8m per year for Cromartie and 3m per year for Buress. How much cap room can they have left??

Yeah, Cromartie is getting $2.5M per year more than Bodden, $8M to $5.5M. I think the Pats win that one.

Man, what a disaster this has been for the Jets. They have lost a bunch of players and now they are starting to piece back together their team again. Not many teams busting the door down for Cromartie and they end up paying him 8 million a year to keep him. I thought everyone wanted to be a Jet. Looks like they only want to if the price is right (inflated).

So really, the only person they have added to help is a receive who is just out of jail and hasn't played in 2 years while losing several others. I will really start laughing if good ol Rex starts in with the continued SB predictions. I don't think I would be shouting out those predictions any longer if I was him.

They are already spinning it. One day they hate their GM..the next the praise him for this deal and the off season..i will never get those idiots

Yeah, because that's really different from this forum. One day the first five threads are about the Jets filled with people hanging on a ledge to the day after where everyone is on cloud nine because we signed AH & Ocho.

$8M per year for Cromartie? Huge overpay, he's worth a few mil less than that, but now he has like $500K per kid, so he shouldn't have trouble feeding them all.

Yeah, because that's really different from this forum. One day the first five threads are about the Jets filled with people hanging on a ledge to the day after where everyone is on cloud nine because we signed AH & Ocho.

Jets fans are acting like he is a elite CB,He can only cover the deep threat,Other then that maybe a few Kick returns.AH and Ocho bring more then one thing to the team

OUCH!!!

Why? They must have seen something that every else missed! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill