PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Jets/Pats Prediction Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

GrogansArmy

Third String But Playing on Special Teams
Reaction score
Are we allowed to start these or is that someone's job?

Well whatever, merge if needed.

Anyways, I'm going to be a homer and say:

Pats: BJGE or Woody for 1 TD, TB 2 TD, 1 pick 6, 1 ST TD, 1 FG = 38

Jets: Garbage time Holmes TD = 7

Final: 38-7 PATS.

Ok, go ahead. Curse me out for jinxing and Karma and whatnot.

31-20, with the Jets getting a late TD after trailing by at least 2 scores most of the game. Brady has a huge game, as does Welker.

I say Pats 28-17.

I think Tate finally has a big receiving game because of the man coverage with either Lowery or Coleman.

31-24 Pats

I won't yet predict this game but I have a strong feeling there will be a turnover in the final 5 minutes of play that determines this game.

IIAC The Pats defense has only stopped one team in 11 games from scoring less than 20 so I think it's ridiculous to think they will in this game,the Pats will give 20 or more to the Jets and I would bet the house on that,it's up to Brady to outscore them.

The biggest factor in this game will be the addition of Santonio Holmes who may be hard to stop.

Expect a game in the mid to upper 20s scoring for both teams as a final score with the winner not winning by more than 4 points.

I don't see this as a high scoring game

Pats 20
Jets 17

Pats 34
Jets 20

Tight in the early going, then they start coming up big - once again.

Well, we can save the score predictions for Alamo's thread.

Here's what I think. There are three possible outcomes for this game: Pats win big, Pats win a close one, Jets win a close one. The Pats offense is operating w/an almost frightening effiency right now, and the Jets defense isn't nearly as good as it was last year (when it was a little overrated anyway.) So the Pats should score 30+. The Pats' defense hasn't really shown the ability to shut teams down unless those teams self-destruct (like Miami did) so the Jets should score their 20-something.

The only type of game the Jets win would be a mid-20's for both teams, where the Pats have a couple turnovers and the Jets pull it out at the end, since they probably feel confident at this point they can do that, having been lucky the past few weeks. I'd say that result would happen 1 out of 10 times. In the other 9, the Pats win relatively close 6 times and the Pats win big 3 times. (See, it's science.)

Last edited:
34-17, Pats.

Jets 79
Pats 77

Pats 34
jets 17

I think the Jets KNOW luck isn't going to bail them out of this game. They've played some dumb teams. NE isn't one of them.

I expect a win (cuz I'm a long-distance homer) and I expect the game to be won in the coaching dept. I'm starting to think our D is designed to live or die by the BIG play. Not high-risk, but, baiting QB's. If they fooled Manning... Sanchez is toast.

55 pats
16 jets

the snow and the cold causes sanchez to throw 5 picks :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back