PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

jets/pats hype begins - "Patriots won't intimidate Mangini's Jets-Michael Smith"

Status
Not open for further replies.
I absolutely cant stand Smith.

"Grit" doesn't win you games on it's own, not when you are up against a team that is better than you in almost every phase of the game and when you are playing against a coach who taught yours everything he knows. My money is on the Pats.

"Grit" doesn't win you games on it's own, not when you are up against a team that is better than you in almost every phase of the game and when you are playing against a coach who taught yours everything he knows. My money is on the Pats.
Especially when the other team has a lot of "grit" itself - the Patriots have more talent and more grit that "The Jest", I daresay.

We need to tackle their damn receivers, I'll tell you that.

If we hold down the YAC, we're looking good.

Nothing wrong with giving credit to the Jets and Mangini IMO.

Nothing wrong with giving credit to the Jets and Mangini IMO.
If they beat us again I will. Until then they beat one team with a winning record and that team gave the game away. Not that we played a lot of tough teams but we beat a few more good ones than the Manginas did.

The only chance Mangina has against us is to blitz the crap out of Brady ... he has no other hand to play. Belichick has multiple hands to play and will trump Mangina real hard.

We need to tackle their damn receivers, I'll tell you that.

If we hold down the YAC, we're looking good.

Agreed. Catching some of the Jets/Raiders game today, what little I saw makes your point. The Jets played very disciplined, high percentage football on offense. When they didn't run, it was quite a bit of the short passing game. A lot of screens, passes in the flat, quick throws etc etc. The YAC seemed a crucial part of their offense. They did go down the field some but it seemed sparse and in carefully selected spots. They put themselves in a lot of manageable third down scenarios. And when they needed 3 yards they would pass for 4 yards. I'm not putting that approach down (it definitely does limit the turnover possibility and eats up the clock), it just means the YAC must be limited by the Patriots. Do that and limit the run! That really should limit the Jets from scoring a crazy amount of points on offense. Now we just need to make sure we score more than whatever it is they score.................

You need to force this team out of their control the clock game, and force them to play catch up.. but for the Pats the previous loss still will probably leave a bad taste in their mouths. The Pats that played the past few weeks is remarkably different than the team that played the Jets when they lost.

I predict a big win like yesterday, and there is nothing or no one who will convince me otherwise.

One thing for sure, the Jet's resurgence is a good story and they've become the AFC media darlings as a result. I have a feeling the national announcers may make many of us sick with their pandering during the game.

I agree this team is not the same one..and not only were there bad filed coonditions for that game,..but Ty Warren was out. He is a real monster player this year..and his playing in itself will be a big difference. I think BB will have something up his sleeve and will propel this team to an easy win.

The Jets are playing well as a team and are reminding many of the Patriots during their first Super Bowl run under the Belichek era. The Jets believe in what their coaching staff is saying, unlike most NFL teams.

There's some mojo going on there, no doubt.

That being said, however, Chad Pennington is both the strength and weakness of the team. He has great skills dinking and dunking in a ball-control offense. Great leadership skills, too.. But how can he beat the Patriots without going deep? Can the guy throw over twenty yards? Legitimate doubts we have.

And his lack of durability will always be his bane. I can see a hit on him putting him out of the game.

The Patriots must not let the resurgent and young Jets offensive line dictate the tempo and out-physical them. Look for Seymour and Co. to asset their dominance.

BTW, when's Wolfork coming back?

My prediciton: a close game in the first three quarters breaks open in the fourth quarter. Patriots 34, Jets 21.

Not "a coach who taught you everything *he* knows." but "a coach who taught you everything *you* know. "

The key is keeping noole-arm out of the redzone where he doesn't have to throw it very far and which plays into his strengths: smarts and accuracy"

Last edited:
Ty Warren.....

The crappy field played right into the Jets hands in the second game.

The Jets offense is based on short passes, so Pennington doesn't need to plant his feet as much to get power behind the ball becaise he doesn't throw it very far. Brady relies much more on planting his feet, which was nearly impossible in that game.

Now that we have a pretty new field, I'm hoping the outcome will be different.

I think anyone could understand why the J-E-T-S wouldn't be intimidated by the Patriots considering they won the last game on the Patriots homefield. Hardly an earth shattering thing to say by Smith. I don't care oif they aren't. I just care that they lose.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes