PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Jets/Pats Expert picks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Last edited:
I would not touch this game

the results between the pats and jets have been at best, random

I can't get over the amount of Pats fans who don't think the team has a chance to win. Where is there loyalty?

I can't get over the amount of Pats fans who don't think the team has a chance to win. Where is there loyalty?

:confused:

What does loyalty have to do with it?

:confused:

What does loyalty have to do with it?

There's a difference between who I want to win and who I think will win.

However, this week, I think the Pats will win. Jets are overrated and Pats have had a couple tough losses against tough teams.

Score will be comparable to our last meeting.

The only way the Patriots come away with a win is if they can effectively run the ball. If they can dominate in the running game, that will take the crowd out, and it will make the Jets defense tired. We need long sustained drives that end with a TD. IF we can do this our defense will be fresh. I noticed when the running game doesn't work right away, they abandon it and go to the spread offense. I know that what the Pats are known for, but we did draft all these RB's. Lets use them!!

The Pats have never beaten Sexy Rexy's Jets at Green Bean Stadium.

Now's their chance. :cool:

The Pats have never beaten Sexy Rexy's Jets at Green Bean Stadium.

Now's their chance. :cool:

Beating them at home in front of their fans, would be awesome. Showing them that they do suck and are over rated in their home will hopefully throw the rest of their season off!!

I am one of the few people who think the Pats probably won't make the playoffs.

However, I would be stunned. Yes, stunned if they do lose this game. Was not surprised they got beat the last two games.

Here is why.

1.) This team has gotten beat twice in a row. They're clearly not in a good mood.

2.) Everyone is doubting them, and the entire world feels like they're done. Brady and Belichick are at their best when everyone doubts them.

3.) The perfect storm is set up with the team they hate the most. Any talking the Jets does only adds more fuel and anger to the Pats.

I think the Patriots have been playing tight lately, and this is the perfect game to let it all loose, and just go out there and play. I honestly expect them to win easily, and really enjoy themselves while doing it.

If the Patriots can't win this game, I am very scared for them the rest of the way. It tells me they're really done if they can't win this game. To them, this is definitely the biggest game of the year. I know they're going to treat it that way.

Anytime a football team lose three in a row, they have serious problems. Especially a team like the Patriots.

They can't afford to go to 5-4.

Last edited:
So they're going to win this game but then not make the playoffs with an effective two game lead in the division with KC, Indy, Philly, Washington, Denver, Miami and Buffalo left? The only team above ,500 is the Bills and if not for 4 turnovers they wouldn't be.

However, I would be stunned. Yes, stunned if they do lose this game. Was not surprised they got beat the last two games.

Here is why.

1.) This team has gotten beat twice in a row. They're clearly not in a good mood.

2.) Everyone is doubting them, and the entire world feels like they're done. Brady and Belichick are at their best when everyone doubts them.

3.) The perfect storm is set up with the team they hate the most. Any talking the Jets does only adds more fuel and anger to the Pats.

I think the Patriots have been playing tight lately, and this is the perfect game to let it all loose, and just go out there and play. I honestly expect them to win easily, and really enjoy themselves while doing it.

If the Patriots can't win this game, I am very scared for them the rest of the way. It tells me they're really done if they can't win this game. To them, this is definitely the biggest game of the year. I know they're going to treat it that way.

Anytime a football team lose three in a row, they have serious problems. Especially a team like the Patriots.

Given how soft their upcoming schedule is, how can you reconcile the idea that you will be stunned if they lose this game and the idea that they won't make the playoffs?

Here is why.

ditto..other than your playoff prediction.

let me make one thing clear: these talking heads hate our coach (and team).

I'm not sure it's a matter of loyalty. I think intelligent fans can look at this game and say the Pats are the clear underdogs...they've lost two in a row, they haven't beaten the Jets in the Meadowlands in three years, their D is the worst in the league (I gag to say that) and Brady hasn't been Brady since the first few weeks of the season. So, yeah, saying that they "don't have a chance" might be overstating it a bit, but the Jets' chances are a lot better.

Being a fan doesn't mean checking your brain at the door.

Given how soft their upcoming schedule is, how can you reconcile the idea that you will be stunned if they lose this game and the idea that they won't make the playoffs?

The Patriots are in desperation mode. I think there's a chance they don't make the playoffs. I wouldn't be surprised either way.

I know their schedule appears softer, but this team has regressed each and every week. You can't ignore that.

I think the Pats are capable of rallying around for a game like this, and just letting it all loose and displaying a very impressive performance.

Especially Brady, I think he should have his best game to date. If not, then I'm even more worried for his sake and the Patriots.

I think we all agree if the Patriots lose this game, them missing the playoffs is very much a reality.

My problem with the Patriots is the same its been all year long. They're more than capable of showing up and looking like world beaters for a game because of Brady and Belichick. Those two have too much in them to just allow it all to explode just like that.

But they can't do that throughout the course of the season, for every single game. Because as we've been saying all along, this defense is one of the most dreadful defenses I've ever seen.

Last edited:
The Patriots are in desperation mode. I think there's a chance they don't make the playoffs. I wouldn't be surprised either way.

I know their schedule appears softer, but this team has regressed each and every week. You can't ignore that.

Ignore it? I reject the notion out of hand.

I think the Pats are capable of rallying around for a game like this, and just letting it all loose and displaying a very impressive performance.

Especially Brady, I think he should have his best game to date. If not, then I'm even more worried for his sake and the Patriots.

The 3 worst matchups for the Patriots, in the entire NFL, are the Packers, Saints and Jets. Of those 3, only the Jets are a bad matchup because of the defense. Expecting Brady to have his best game of the year, and proclaiming concern if he doesn't, is completely misreading the game matchups.

I think we all agree if the Patriots lose this game, them missing the playoffs is very much a reality.

I disagree with your claim. I don't think "we" all agree with that, at all.

My problem with the Patriots is the same its been all year long. They're more than capable of showing up and looking like world beaters because of Brady and Belichick. But they can't do that throughout the course of the season. Because as we've been saying all along, this defense is one of the most dreadful defenses I've ever seen.

Under BB/Brady, the Patriots record against cupcake opponents is excellent. It makes no sense, IMO, to claim that the Patriots will beat the Jets and then start losing a bunch of games to the likes of the Colts, Dolphins, Redskins, etc....

The Patriots should have the right game plan to beat the Jets. I think they should opt to have the ball first.

Come out, spread the field out. Go no-huddle even, and just let Brady move the ball around. Totally flabbergast the Jets, and make the Jets offense feel pressure as if they're going to have to score a lot of points.

I think the Jets feel with the recent struggles with the Pats offense, that they're going to have a more conservative approach, and try to be more balanced. They're probably preparing all week to stop the run even, so they can get blitz happy and focus on confusing Brady.

I would counter that, and just come with guns blazing, and Brady firing the ball around. Spread offense, no-huddle.

The Jets offense can be quite vulnerable, and easily feel pressured if they feel its going to be a shootout.

Then as the second half rolls around, start pounding a Jets defense with the rock. Similar to what they did last time, except I'd be even more aggressive with the passing game in the first half.

The easiest way to get the Jets doubting themselves, is moving the ball on them. The offense doesn't adjust very well when the defense struggles.

Come out early and get them on their heels right away.

Ignore it? I reject the notion out of hand.

The 3 worst matchups for the Patriots, in the entire NFL, are the Packers, Saints and Jets. Of those 3, only the Jets are a bad matchup because of the defense. Expecting Brady to have his best game of the year, and proclaiming concern if he doesn't, is completely misreading the game matchups.

I disagree with your claim. I don't think "we" all agree with that, at all.

Under BB/Brady, the Patriots record against cupcake opponents is excellent. It makes no sense, IMO, to claim that the Patriots will beat the Jets and then start losing a bunch of games to the likes of the Colts, Dolphins, Redskins, etc....

First of all, I don't think the Jets are that good as well. They're not playing the Green Bay Packers. I think the Steelers and the Giants are much better football teams.

So the notion of them being able to beat the "Jets" and lose to other bad teams is not that ridiculous at all. The Jets have beaten some very average, to bad teams themselves.

I think Brady and Co. will be putting everything into this game. They'll be treating it like its the Super Bowl.

Yes, I would be very concern if Brady stinks it up. He's Tom Brady! Are you kidding me? Yes the Jets got a very good defense, but you're telling me Brady can't go out there and totally own them? Did you not see what he did to them last year, with basically the SAME team?

The Jets matchup well with most teams because of their defense. Actually, of all teams, the Jets match up TERRIBLE with the Patriots offense. Why? Their entire scheme is to take away the perimeter passing wise from teams, and force teams to work the middle.

Guess what? That's the Pats strength. Revis not much of a factor, because the biggest question is where do they put him, against an offense he's not accustom to defending. He's not used to covering slot receivers like Wes Welker.

The Jets don't match up any better than the Giants, or Steelers do.

The only question is can Tom Brady handle the blitz' that will be thrown his way. If he can stand tall in the pocket like a man, he should be able to shred them apart.

Last edited:
First of all, I don't think the Jets are that good as well. They're not playing the Green Bay Packers. I think the Steelers and the Giants are much better football teams.

So the notion of them being able to beat the "Jets" and lose to other bad teams is not that ridiculous at all. The Jets have beaten some very average, to bad teams themselves.

I think Brady and Co. will be putting everything into this game. They'll be treating it like its the Super Bowl.

Yes, I would be very concern if Brady stinks it up. He's Tom Brady! Are you kidding me? Yes the Jets got a very good defense, but you're telling me Brady can't go out there and totally own them? Did you not see what he did to them last year, with basically the SAME team?

Patriots points totals against the Jets under Ryan:

That's 50% of the games with the Patriots scoring 21 points or less. Expecting something spectacular, and proclaiming concern if that doesn't happen, is asinine.

As for the rest of the season, they're playing a lot of cupcake games. Your two positions don't fit together.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes