PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Jets pass rush

Status
Not open for further replies.
He was going up against either Matt Roth or Phillip Merling all game. Let's see how he does vs. Vrabel and/or Thomas before you crown him as a great pick up.

I have no problem admitting I was wrong about the guy if he proves himself, but Roth and Merling aren't exactly a bookend DE combo that sends shivers up and down QBs' spines.

Hate to say it, but Merling looked pretty good. Kendall Langford looked even better. Those guys are going to be really annoying in a year or two.

Hate to say it, but Merling looked pretty good. Kendall Langford looked even better. Those guys are going to be really annoying in a year or two.

Yeah, between Long, Smiley, Satele, Merling, and Langford their building the foundation in the trenches pretty well over there.

Kris Jenkins is coming from a 4-3 where it was all about penetration. In a 3-4 he needs to eat up blockers. Did anyone notice if he was doing his job well?
I remember when we picked up Keith Traylor and the first game vs the colts he kept trying to penetrate instead of holding the blocks and RB ran up through the middle all day. If Jenkins penetrates to deep have Maroney run right by him.

Kris Jenkins is coming from a 4-3 where it was all about penetration. In a 3-4 he needs to eat up blockers. Did anyone notice if he was doing his job well?
I remember when we picked up Keith Traylor and the first game vs the colts he kept trying to penetrate instead of holding the blocks and RB ran up through the middle all day. If Jenkins penetrates to deep have Maroney run right by him.

possibly, to be honest I cant tell you the difference between him trying to penetrating or he was just blowing up blockers and pushing them back. I know they needed two guys b/c Satele looked over matched.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/players/splits?playerId=1756

...this might say something. They only ran up the middle once, and it was for negative yardage. Ronnie Brown had no runs up the middle so it looked like they were trying to stay out of Jenkins way or he was pushing them to the outside.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Back