PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Jets on way to implosion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Serviceable? No matter how many lucky wins he gets over garbage teams (Texans, Lions, etc.) I believe Sanchez is a detriment to the Jets. I mean really how is it possible with a squad like that Sanchez manages to have 3 games (1 at home after a bye!) in which he doesnt lead that talent loaded offense to a single TD?

He has a solid OLine with, a running game that averages over 150 yards a game, a very good WR corps with Holmes, Edwards, Keller, LT, Cotchery.. oh and I almost forgot one of the best defenses in the league. I think the media overrates most of their players but still you cant deny the talent and potential there. Name just 4 starting QBs in the league that would do worse than Sanchez with that team. You cant.
Actually he has had 4 games without a single TD

This is an overreaction. I'm not sure if anyone has called you on this, not going to read through all 9 pages, but at this point I don't see how anyone can act like they know Sanchez is going to be, or already is, a "terrible QB". His statistics have shown noticeable improvement from his first year to his second and he is only 24. There is room for growth and at times he has put together some very solid ball games and displayed some grit as well.

Don't act like the greatest QBs are exempt from miserable games throughout their careers. Some of the weaker performances of Brady's career include:
2003 @ Buffalo (0-31 L): 14/28, 123 yds, 4 Ints
2004 vs Miami (24-10 W): 7/19, 76 yds, 2 Tds, 1 Int
2005 @ KC (16-26 L): 22/40, 248 yds, 1 Td, 4 Ints
2006 @ Indy (20-27 L): 20/35, 201 yds, 4 Ints
2006 @ Miami (0-21 L): 12/25, 78 yds

This is comparing him to arguably the greatest QB of all time. Sanchez hasn't really proven anything yet one way or the other, but he has shown potential and won in the playoffs already. Jury remains out on him for now.
How have his stats improved a lot? They have had 4 games without an offensive TD.
He stinks.
Do you know that Bradys completion percent in the worst 5 games you could find was about the same as Sanchez all season. Has Brady had 4 games in his CAREER with zero TDs? Snachez has 4 of 13 this year.

Its not one game, its a lot of games.

They are already turning on him.
One week after getting 45 hung on them the D is mad that he said they didnt play good enough this week.

Indeed! And implicit in that is that the defense is turning on the offense.

:popcorn:

Indeed! And implicit in that is that the defense is turning on the offense.

:popcorn:
And/or that Rex is losing it. Can't you see that personality lashing out at everyone when he gets exposed?

That would be unbelievable if they finished 9-7 again, which could very well happen. Even I can't say I would have thought that to be nearly possible at the midway point.

Did anyone see Cromartie returning punts yesterday? He was friggin hilarious back there. One play he just tripped trying to make a move. I think the Fins netted close to 50 on most punts... well the ones that their coaches didn't get in on the action.

Last edited:
That would be unbelievable if they finished 9-7 again, which could very well happen. Even I can't say I would have thought that to be nearly possible at the midway point.

Did anyone see Cromartie returning punts yesterday? He was friggin hilarious back there. One play he just tripped trying to make a move. I think the Fins netted close to 50 on most punts... well the ones that their coaches didn't get in on the action.
Do you think the Jets are worse than they were last year when they were 7-7 before opponents gave up?
I kinda think so, but they won a couple of fluky ones, or they would probably be 7-7 after next week.

...Did anyone see Cromartie returning punts yesterday? He was friggin hilarious back there. One play he just tripped trying to make a move. I think the Fins netted close to 50 on most punts... well the ones that their coaches didn't get in on the action.

'Phins' punter was awesome.

And Cromartie looked like he was auditioning for "Skating With the Stars."

Do you think the Jets are worse than they were last year when they were 7-7 before opponents gave up?
I kinda think so, but they won a couple of fluky ones, or they would probably be 7-7 after next week.

I don't know, I'd probably say last year's team was worse. This team still has alot more crashing and burning to do before it compares to that 7-7 team

the only thing that made the jets as good as they were at the end of last year is their health. outside of jenkins, nobody got hurt last year.

this year they started with guys out (pace, revis....neither of which I believe was 100% at any point this year)

jenkins got hurt, then cotchery, woody, moore, leonhard......the the tomlinson giddyness wore off and now he is what he was the last couple of years.

they didn't have to ask much from sanchez when everyone else was healthy. then you had the stretch before the pats game where sanches was throwing for 300 yards against teams like the texans, lions, etc........those weren't pretty games

I wouldn't call their super WR's all that reliable, either. coupla criminals holding down the fort for them

'Phins' punter was awesome.

And Cromartie looked like he was auditioning for "Skating With the Stars."

Punter was the MVP I thought. Seriously I couldn't stop laughing at the one return in the 4th quarter, hopefully it's on youtube

Cromartie has been lobbying to return punts for awhile. Seems like Sexy Rexy finally gave in. That is just another thing that separates Ryan from Belichick. Belichick would never let Cromartie return punts unless he proved he could. Ryan kowtows to his players to make them happy.

Cromartie is too big to be returning punts. Punt returners tend to be small and shifty, not big and fast with very little shiftabily. The reason they gotta be small and shifty is because usually there is a defender or two standing right in front of you when you catch the ball and gotta change direction right away. Cromartie might be able to do kick returns where shiftiness is not as important, but even a layman like myself could have told you Cromartie is not built to return punts. I am surprised Westoff allowed this.

Last edited:
Punter was the MVP I thought. Seriously I couldn't stop laughing at the one return in the 4th quarter, hopefully it's on youtube
Some people are questioning whether Sanchez sucks when the other teams punter was the MVP:rolleyes:

The fact of the matter is like the Redskins, the Jets are learning that assembling a lot of names does not make you a Super Bowl caliber teams.

Bingo.

10char

Rex plans to bury Sal at Mondays practice.

That would definitely be the smartest thing Brian Dennehey (They need to make a movie about the Jets starring Brian Dennehey as the coach) ever did.

No way Jets beat Pitt in Pitt....looks like they will be dropping 3 in a row

Funny incident last night (didn't think it was worth its own thread)

Me and few other Patriots fans were at a bar watching the game. The audio and largest TV had the Jets-Dolphins game. So during the second half we were more focused on rooting for the Dolphins than paying attention to the blowout in the snow.

We weren't all decked out but one or two had something on with Patriots logos.

After the game was over and we were celebrating both the Patriots win and the Jets loss. A table of Jets fans leave passing by where we were. One said sourly, "Enjoy your win and 7-6 season, you still aren't making it to the playoffs." Completely oblivious to the fact we weren't Dolphin fans.

Jet fans just aren't that bright.

I have been saying all season that they are a 5-6 win team, well they got lucky and have proven me wrong (I never factored a heartless list of teams giving them wins). Still I expected a skid to end out the season at 9-7 and a 7th seed (no playoffs).

Remember the last time they lost by 40+ they lost the final 5 games in brutal fashion, made the playoffs but got spanked in round one, history repeats itself and the Jets are frauds, biggest fraud team in years.

When you look back at the season you will notice that they have struggled all year, they just had every lucky bounce against bad teams, people say 18-0 was luck but this is the definition of lucky, I still believe Miami is a better team and they can finish 2nd if they keep winning. (obviously we will crush them but 9-7 might be enough).

“According to Rex we played [bleepy],” defensive end Shaun Ellis told Mark Cannizzaro of the New York Post. “He said we weren’t good enough. I guess we needed a shutout. I guess that’s what he was talking about.”

“It’s frustrating to hear that because we played a solid game,” Ellis said. “I guess he just expects so much out of the defense that there should have been zero points on the board, not 10.”

Jets defensive players not happy with Rex’s criticism | ProFootballTalk

"On way to implosion"? I'd say they're there.

"You have reached your destination".
2531685403_dba8d3a036.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes