PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Jets on way to implosion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Serviceable? No matter how many lucky wins he gets over garbage teams (Texans, Lions, etc.) I believe Sanchez is a detriment to the Jets. I mean really how is it possible with a squad like that Sanchez manages to have 3 games (1 at home after a bye!) in which he doesnt lead that talent loaded offense to a single TD?

He has a solid OLine with, a running game that averages over 150 yards a game, a very good WR corps with Holmes, Edwards, Keller, LT, Cotchery.. oh and I almost forgot one of the best defenses in the league. I think the media overrates most of their players but still you cant deny the talent and potential there. Name just 4 starting QBs in the league that would do worse than Sanchez with that team. You cant.

I'm gonna try!

Derek Anderson
Jimmy Clausen/Matt Moore
Jake Delhomme
erm... Carson Palmer?
Alex Smith? Chad Henne?

Hard work lol, imagine if the Jets drafted Freeman, never mind Stafford or Bradford...

Next week will be 3 losses in a row, maybe on the way to 5 and no playoffs.
The finger pointing, griping, biyatching and whining is about to start.

By the way, the next time someone tries to say Sanchez is going to be a good QB, he's just young, I'd like to see the list of good QBs who ever had a 17-44 with 6 points scored, or had 3 games in a season without getting their offense in the end zone. Thats 3 so far because it might be about to become 3 then 4 in a row.

Sanchez is a terrible QB.

This is an overreaction. I'm not sure if anyone has called you on this, not going to read through all 9 pages, but at this point I don't see how anyone can act like they know Sanchez is going to be, or already is, a "terrible QB". His statistics have shown noticeable improvement from his first year to his second and he is only 24. There is room for growth and at times he has put together some very solid ball games and displayed some grit as well.

Don't act like the greatest QBs are exempt from miserable games throughout their careers. Some of the weaker performances of Brady's career include:
2003 @ Buffalo (0-31 L): 14/28, 123 yds, 4 Ints
2004 vs Miami (24-10 W): 7/19, 76 yds, 2 Tds, 1 Int
2005 @ KC (16-26 L): 22/40, 248 yds, 1 Td, 4 Ints
2006 @ Indy (20-27 L): 20/35, 201 yds, 4 Ints
2006 @ Miami (0-21 L): 12/25, 78 yds

This is comparing him to arguably the greatest QB of all time. Sanchez hasn't really proven anything yet one way or the other, but he has shown potential and won in the playoffs already. Jury remains out on him for now.

This is an overreaction. I'm not sure if anyone has called you on this, not going to read through all 9 pages, but at this point I don't see how anyone can act like they know Sanchez is going to be, or already is, a "terrible QB". His statistics have shown noticeable improvement from his first year to his second and he is only 24. There is room for growth and at times he has put together some very solid ball games and displayed some grit as well.

Don't act like the greatest QBs are exempt from miserable games throughout their careers. Some of the weaker performances of Brady's career include:
2003 @ Buffalo (0-31 L): 14/28, 123 yds, 4 Ints
2004 vs Miami (24-10 W): 7/19, 76 yds, 2 Tds, 1 Int
2005 @ KC (16-26 L): 22/40, 248 yds, 1 Td, 4 Ints
2006 @ Indy (20-27 L): 20/35, 201 yds, 4 Ints
2006 @ Miami (0-21 L): 12/25, 78 yds

This is comparing him to arguably the greatest QB of all time. Sanchez hasn't really proven anything yet one way or the other, but he has shown potential and won in the playoffs already. Jury remains out on him for now.

Of the 31 qualifying quarterbacks in the NFL, only Favre, Anderson and Clausen currently have worse QB ratings. That's not the end all/be all, but it is a light shining on his level of play.

Sanchez sucks. He's one of the worst QBs in the league. The only reason he's not the worst is because this is a year where QB play has plummeted overall. Last year, the only starting QB he was better than was JaMarcus Russell. This year, he has the "gift" of things like Clausen starting games in Carolina, Warner retiring in Arizona, etc... and he's STILL a bottom 5 QB. The jury may be out on his career, but the verdict is in on his play to date.

Last edited:
I've seen every game he's QB'ed this season (if you're nuts like me...DTV with Tivo)...he easily, and I'm NOT exaggerating, could have eight to ten more INT's on balls that should have been easy catches by DB's. He QB'd a SHUTOUT...at home...with TWO weeks to prepare...against that defensive juggernaut, the Packers. People love to talk about "he took them two games deep in the 2009 playoffs!!!!"...total bullcrap...the Rat running game and defense took them deep...SD MISSED three fg's, two chipshots...Greene got hurt in Indy in the 1st half, look at Saviourchez's numbers in the 2nd half...if you can even find any. He's a manufactured SoCal fraud like the rest of the assembly line "superstars!!!" Carroll pimped up for years out there. That's it.

Last edited:
I've seen every game he's QB'ed this season (if you're nuts like me...DTV with Tivo)...he easily, and I'm NOT exaggerating, could have eight to ten more INT's on balls that should have been easy catches by DB's. He QB'd a SHUTOUT...at home...with TWO weeks to prepare...against that defensive juggernaut, the Packers. People love to talk about "he took them two games deep in the 2009 playoffs!!!!"...total bullcrap...the Rat running game and defense took them deep...SD MISSED three fg's, two chipshots...Greene got hurt in Indy in the 1st half, look at Saviourchez's numbers in the 2nd half...if you can even find any. He's a manufactured SoCal fraud like the rest of the assembly line "superstars!!!" Carroll pimped up for years out there. That's it.

Brady wasn't exactly winning playoff games by himself in 2001 either. To win in the playoffs at all is impressive, especially as a rookie.

1nT84.jpg

Implosion complete.

Brady wasn't exactly winning playoff games by himself in 2001 either. To win in the playoffs at all is impressive, especially as a rookie.

tell me you aren't making a rationalization that compares completely crapping the bed when exposed, when the pressure is on the QB to make the plays to win, between what Mark Sanchez showed last season and what Tom Brady showed at the PENULTIMATE MOMENT in the Super Bowl in 2001...you CAN'T be serious...

tell me you aren't making a rationalization that compares completely crapping the bed when exposed, when the pressure is on the QB to make the plays to win, between what Mark Sanchez showed last season and what Tom Brady showed at the PENULTIMATE MOMENT in the Super Bowl in 2001...you CAN'T be serious...

Why can't I compare one QB in the NFL to another? You said Sanchez only won in the playoffs because of his run game and the team around him, cheapening his accomplishment of winning in the playoffs. I pointed out that Brady certainly needed plenty of help in winning his playoff games as a first timer as well. Winning in the playoffs at all is impressive, and Sanchez ended up with a 92.7 passer rating in those 3 games. Brady was gritty as hell and came up huge when we needed him in 2001, but mustered a 77.3 passer rating, and only out gained Sanchez by 33 yards. I don't think Sanchez's career is going to come anywhere close to Brady's, but to act like he sucks and there is no chance for him to be a decent NFL QB is ignoring a lot of circumstantial evidence.

Last edited:
These Jets would be a formidable force with Chad Pennington quarterbacking them. Old noodle arm could move the chains and put 6 up.

passer rating...jeezus...another wackenhut fantasy geek

real world...last minute of the Super Bowl against the greatest show on turf and the spectre of overtime...Tom Brady passes the Patriots within FG range and they win their first Super Bowl...

you seriously want to compare THAT with Sanchez, who had a 93 QB rating against the Colts??? THAT is your lynchpin for making tHE most asinine comparison in months on this board?

well....we've SEEN what Brady has done at the END of pressure packed games early in his career...let's look at your opinion that Sanchez is equivalent, I mean, you wouldn't be arguing this preposterous position if you didn't think so, right?

New York Jets at 8:52 NYJ IND
1st and 10 at NYJ 20 (Run formation) T.Jones up the middle to NYJ 25 for 5 yards (D.Muir).
2nd and 5 at NYJ 25 M.Sanchez pass incomplete short middle to B.Smith.
3rd and 5 at NYJ 25 (Shotgun) M.Sanchez pass incomplete short left to J.Cotchery (K.Hayden).
4th and 5 at NYJ 25 S.Weatherford punts 49 yards to IND 26, Center-J.Dearth, out of bounds.
DRIVE TOTALS: NYJ 17, IND 27, 3 plays, 5 yards, 0:41 elapsed

New York Jets at 2:29 NYJ IND
1st and 10 at NYJ 32 (Run formation) M.Sanchez pass incomplete short left to T.Jones.
2nd and 10 at NYJ 32 (Shotgun) M.Sanchez pass short right to D.Keller ran ob at NYJ 47 for 15 yards.
1st and 10 at NYJ 47 (Shotgun) M.Sanchez pass short middle intended for D.Clowney INTERCEPTED by K.Hayden at IND 43. K.Hayden to IND 46 for 3 yards (D.Clowney).
DRIVE TOTALS: NYJ 17, IND 30, 2 plays, 18 yards, 0:24 elapsed

DRIVE TOTALS: NYJ 17, IND 30, 3 plays, 3 yards, 0:53 elapsed
New York Jets at 1:06 NYJ IND
1st and 10 at NYJ 10 (Shotgun) M.Sanchez pass short right to D.Keller to NYJ 21 for 11 yards (J.Lacey).
1st and 10 at NYJ 21 (No Huddle, Shotgun) M.Sanchez pass short middle to T.Jones to NYJ 31 for 10 yards (C.Session).
1st and 10 at NYJ 31 M.Sanchez spiked the ball to stop the clock.
2nd and 10 at NYJ 31 (Shotgun) M.Sanchez pass short left to B.Smith to NYJ 37 for 6 yards (T.Jennings).
3rd and 4 at NYJ 37 (No Huddle, Shotgun) M.Sanchez pass short right to T.Jones to IND 45 for 18 yards (G.Brackett, K.Hayden).
End of Game

remarkable...I fail to recognize ANY similarity whatsoever....maybe YOU can point out the intersecting performance points...I can't see it...

Why can't I compare one QB in the NFL to another? You said Sanchez only won in the playoffs because of his run game and the team around him, cheapening his accomplishment of winning in the playoffs. I pointed out that Brady certainly needed plenty of help in winning his playoff games as a first timer as well. Winning in the playoffs at all is impressive, and Sanchez ended up with a 92.7 passer rating in those 3 games. Brady was gritty as hell and came up huge when we needed him in 2001, but mustered a 77.3 passer rating, and only out gained Sanchez by 33 yards. I don't think Sanchez's career is going to come anywhere close to Brady's, but to act like he sucks and there is no chance for him to be a decent NFL QB is ignoring a lot of circumstantial evidence.

Sanchez played well in only one (Well, you could call it 1.5) of the 3 playoff games, and that was the game against a Bengals team that had dropped 3 of their last 4 games and have gone 2-11 so far this season. He got bailed out in San Diego by a kicker missing 3 times in a game for the first time in a career, and he played one good half against the Colts, before he wet his pants.

Last edited:
I'm gonna try!

Derek Anderson
Jimmy Clausen/Matt Moore
Jake Delhomme
erm... Carson Palmer?
Alex Smith? Chad Henne?

Hard work lol, imagine if the Jets drafted Freeman, never mind Stafford or Bradford...

Derek Anderson has already done more with less in his Probowl Year in Cleavland. Although I will give you that he is absolutely putrid and that year was definitely the Browns catching lightning in a bottle. Based on his history Im pretty sure he is just a erratic QB that turns over the ball a lot but can at the very least score with it every game...

I dont count Jimmy Clausen as a starting QB because he was forced to start due to injury.. so for arguments sake lets not talk about backups who were forced to start.

Ill give you Matt Moore cause he is god awful, but he shouldnt have been starting anyway.. I blame Carolinas inept front office.

Delhomme is also terrible but no way I he doesnt at least score a TD in every game with the Jets squad. I mean he did lead the Panthers to the Superbowl at one point and hung 30+ points on the 03 Pats defense.

I believe Palmer would not even be in this discussion if he hadnt got injured.. he hasnt been the same since. He has been pretty terrible this year but showed flashes last year but like Delhomme with his history I have trouble believing he would ever get shutout if he had the Jets offense.

Ill give you Henne cause he just proved he can get shut out even though he inherited a high powered running game (at least what used to be one), has a WR like Marshall and solid supporting cast with likes of Bess and a solid defense.

Alex Smith Ill give you too because he is a Mark Sanchez sized bust. Lol.

Thats still only 3 though.:p

Last edited:
Sanchez hasn't really proven anything yet one way or the other, but he has shown potential and won in the playoffs already. Jury remains out on him for now.

Jury is in and has already passed judgement. Sanchez is a QB with inconsistent throwing mechanics and mediocre (by pro standards) arm strength. He also makes questionable decisions, but that can improve with experience (he is better than last year).

The irony is that Brady should be the shining example for Sanchez. If Sanchez would spend his offseason working on his delivery, developing his overall physical strength and studying the finer points of his offensive system and the defenses prevalent in the league, he could be as good as he wants to be. As it stands right now, he is a weak-armed QB playing in the Northeast in December. Case closed.

It isn't a death sentence so Sanchez still can alter his career arc. He just won't find any answers at a Broadway show or playing catch in California in the summer. Brady went from being a limited "system" QB to having such perfect mechanics and ball rotation that his game is weather-proof. Until Sanchez does the same, he will likely continue to be a tease until the weather worsens and the inevitable flop ends the Jets season.

Someone needs to photoshop in the Patriots-Bears score and replace the Chiefs/Chargers score.. for a greater effect!

Or just clip the bottom. The jesters score box is already above his head.

So Rex called out his defense for a lights out performance (all 10 points for the Dolphins came from Sanchez turnovers deep in Jets territory) and the defense are peissed. It was so bad that Bart Scott had to have someone go into the lockerroom to get his clothes so he could change somewhere else.

Jets defensive end Shaun Ellis couldn't believe his ears after the game.

Granted, the Jets lost to the Dolphins 10-6 and all losses are team losses, blah, blah, blah. But the Jets' defense held the Dolphins to 131 yards of total offense, a total of six first downs (one in the second half) and just five completions. The defense produced five sacks and three fumble recoveries.

But . . .

"According to Rex we played [bleepy]," Ellis told The Post of Rex Ryan's words to the defense after the game. "He said we weren't good enough. I guess we needed a shutout. I guess that's what he was talking about."

The criticism did not sit well with the defensive players, likely explaining why most of them bolted from the locker room before reporters were allowed in. Linebacker Bart Scott, the so-called leader of the group, had someone bring him his clothes from his locker.

"It's frustrating to hear that because we played a solid game," Ellis said. "I guess he just expects so much out of the defense that there should have been zero points on the board, not 10."

Ellis: 'Frustrating' to hear Rex's roast - NYPOST.com

To paraphrase last night's Dexter finale, "Tick. Tock. That's the sound of the Jets' playoff life running out."

Last edited:
Everyone knows that Ryan's style of coaching has a shelf-life before the players tune him out completely and his tenure with the Jets would be in jepodary. Most thought it was 3-5 years. At this rate, it could be the end of the season.
They are already turning on him.
One week after getting 45 hung on them the D is mad that he said they didnt play good enough this week.

They are already turning on him.
One week after getting 45 hung on them the D is mad that he said they didnt play good enough this week.

Well, when you collect a team of egomaniac and then feed their egos, things fall apart quickly when things go bad especially when Rex calls out the defense for not being able to cover the offense's arses when they can't do anything right.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes