Chargers
Win vs 49ers
Win @ Bengals
Win @ Broncos

Jets
Lose @ Steelers
Lose @ Bears
Win vs Bills

These are the most likely scenarios for both teams, that would make them both 10-6 and according to a playoff simulator, the Jets would lose the tiebreaker at 10-6 and be out of playoffs.

NFL - Playoff Scenario Generator- Yahoo! Sports

The only problem with your scenerio is that if the Chargers win out they probably get the division, if the Chiefs drop a game. The Jets would probably need to break a tie vs the Chiefs in that case.

How about this scenerio.

Miami's next 2 games are at home vs Buffalo and Detriot. If the win those 2 and the Jets lose the next 2, they will be tied.

Week 17 Miami plays us at the Razor and the Jets are home vs Buffalo.
The Pats will have everything locked up by then, and may only play Brady a qtr or so. If that happens Miami could beat us, and knock the Jets out.

Talk about irony.

I cosign this. It dawned on me as I was watching both games unfold that it would be much better for Pats for Jets to make playoffs over Chargers as wild card.

SD and Indy are really the only teams that worry me in the playoffs. I just fear no lead would be safe, as the regular season games vs them confirmed.

ok, I am also on board with this. But, I will NOT root for LadyT, ok??

My favorite post from the Jets boards

What do you mean PRETENDING? We are better than any team in football. We have the smartest coach, much smarter than Belichick. And our quarterback is much better than Tom Brady. Our high powered offense scored 9 whole points in the last two games. We were one win away from the AFC Championship last year. They did a TV program about us. Sanchez does that commercial in the woods with Drew Breez. We have to be good. The media says so. We talk the talk..........OH no......

The only person on the Jets team that can make a play is Sal Alosi.

"We embarrassed ourselves on purpose." -- Braylon Edwards :p

The only person on the Jets team that can make a play is Sal Alosi.
That was a shameful and despicable display. Absolutely disgusting. He was playing with fire with another man's health, career, and livelihood. :mad:

You know what it reminded me of when I first saw it? It reminded me of the Ulf Samuelsson hit on Cam Neely all those years ago. Neely's career was never the same after that.

Last edited:
ok, I am also on board with this. But, I will NOT root for LadyT, ok??

"Elle T" jumped out of the frying pan and into the fire becoming a Jet.

Poor SOB

Things are going to get real ugly, real fast.

There is now way this team wins in either Chicago or in Pittsburgh, none.

Rex doesn't look so confident anymore does he ?

Last edited:
"Elle T" jumped out of the frying pan and into the fire becoming a Jet.

Poor SOB

What a classless comment about a classy individual! Starts with your coach I think.

;)

jetssign.jpg

Jets have scored 4.5 PPG in their four losses.

Sanchez is a terrible QB.

I think he's just terribly coached and mentored...

In a year or two the Jets will cut him like they did with Woodhead... he'll come here as a backup to Tom and then when Tom retires Sanchez will continue the Dynasty.

That seems to be the way things work for Jets players.

I think he's just terribly coached and mentored...

In a year or two the Jets will cut him like they did with Woodhead... he'll come here as a backup to Tom and then when Tom retires Sanchez will continue the Dynasty.

That seems to be the way things work for Jets players.

Why would we want the next Ryan Leaf? :p
Sanchez isn't even worth holding Woodhead's jock right now.
He has been a negative factor in the Jets losses this season.

Last edited:
I've been saying all season the Jets are the luckiest team in the NFL up until the Pats game. I've seen all their games and it's pretty pathetic the breaks they get. Now against Miami they didn't get any help and they end up losing which is what should of happened with Denver, Detroit, and Cleveland

Joe Beningo will be must listening tomorrow. Hope he doesn't jump off of the GW tonight. Followed up by Fatcessa piling on Sexy Rexy. Watching them crumble is ALMOST as much fun as watching the Pats roll on.

LOL....the jets fans now want Josh McD as their OC next year. Let's see, chance of that happening? ZERO

I think the jury is still out on Sanchez, long term, as to whether he is an "OK" or "Good" NFL QB, but he's nowhere near being "Great."

Meanwhile, this is one of those nights when, as a New York City resident, I look forward to opening my door in the morning and reading the Daily News pummeling the Jets...ah, life is good!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back