Status
Not open for further replies.

Ring 6

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
2021 Weekly Picks Winner
2022 Weekly Picks Winner
Reaction score
Next week will be 3 losses in a row, maybe on the way to 5 and no playoffs.
The finger pointing, griping, biyatching and whining is about to start.

By the way, the next time someone tries to say Sanchez is going to be a good QB, he's just young, I'd like to see the list of good QBs who ever had a 17-44 with 6 points scored, or had 3 games in a season without getting their offense in the end zone. Thats 3 so far because it might be about to become 3 then 4 in a row.

Sanchez is a terrible QB.

The Steelers will shutout the Jets!

Let be honest though......... Who really did not see this coming?

Every single poster on the Gang Green Forum.

By the way, the next time someone tries to say Sanchez is going to be a good QB, he's just young, I'd like to see the list of good QBs who ever had a 17-44 with 6 points scored, or had 3 games in a season without getting their offense in the end zone. Thats 3 so far because it might be about to become 3 then 4 in a row.

I don't like him, but sanchez is not terrible.

Luckily for the pats sanchez suffers from a-roid ny pressure.

New york is too big for him and since they are losing now all the blame will fall on his and rex's shoulders.

Last edited:
Chargers
Win vs 49ers
Win @ Bengals
Win @ Broncos

Jets
Lose @ Steelers
Lose @ Bears
Win vs Bills

These are the most likely scenarios for both teams, that would make them both 10-6 and according to a playoff simulator, the Jets would lose the tiebreaker at 10-6 and be out of playoffs.

NFL - Playoff Scenario Generator- Yahoo! Sports

Last edited:
Two games up with three games to go is a nice place to be.

Wait! But the Jets' o-line hasn't missed a beat without Faneca. The combination of Tomlinson and Greene are a huge upgrade from Jones and Greene last year. Holmes and Edwards are hands down the best WR combo in the league. Jason Taylor is one of the best offseason pick ups in the league. Sanchez is turning into an elite QB.

I mean we heard all the Jets fans tell us that over the course of the season. Are you telling me that they might have overrated their talent?

The fact of the matter is like the Redskins, the Jets are learning that assembling a lot of names does not make you a Super Bowl caliber teams.

Right now, I wouldn't be shocked if the Jets lose their remaining games and miss the playoffs.

Ive always said at best he'll be a serviceable QB that they ask just not to screw the game up and let the running game and D try and win the game. In todays NFL that isnt going to work, they got about as far as that approach will take you last year.

Last edited:
they just need to win 1 game to make the playoffs so they will beat the bills. maybe even chicago who knows

Chargers
Win vs 49ers
Win @ Bengals
Win @ Broncos

Jets
Lose @ Steelers
Lose @ Bears
Win vs Bills

These are the most likely scenarios for both teams, that would make them both 10-6 and according to a playoff simulator, the Jets would lose the tiebreaker at 10-6 and be out of playoffs.

I hope the jets can beat the Bears and Bills and sneak in. I don't want to see SD in the playoffs if I can help it.

BTW, I doubt the Steelers and Bears will lay down for the Jets this year like the Colts and Bengals did at the end of the year last year when they clinched playoff bearths.

The Steelers will shutout the Jets!

but steelers oline is going to have its hands full vs the jets also.could be a low scoring game.

Chargers
Win vs 49ers
Win @ Bengals
Win @ Broncos

Jets
Lose @ Steelers
Lose @ Bears
Win vs Bills

Would you even give the Jets a victory over the Bills right now? It's probable, but I wouldn't be comfortable even betting $5 on that. Sanchez's arm strength issues are becoming a huge deal with the weather getting worse. If that's a cold and windy day in New York (and odds are it will be in January), I don't like their chances.

Trent Dilfer is basically the only analyst still on the Sanchize bandwagon and keeps saying stuff like this:

Trent Dilfer: He was on Colin Cowherd’s show this morning and offered up this analysis of Mark Sanchez: “Mark Sanchez is playing … top 6-7-8 QBs in this league. I’m just looking at the tape and grading plays … he’s in the top third in the league in playing QB right now. In the last two drives and overtime, he was 10-for-13 – really 10-for-12, since one was a spike – for 130 yards and rushing TD … if Tom Brady, Drew Brees or Philip Rivers does that yesterday, it’s one more [notch?] on their Hall of Fame wall. For some reason, we don’t want to give Mark Sanchez the same credit. It’s ridiculous.”

Trent Dilfer is Really Bullish on Mark Sanchez | Yardbarker.com

It's really embarrassing how much he loves Sanchez. Maybe this explains why:

Worth noting: Dilfer and Sanchez share the same agent (David Dunn).

I can't wait to hear what he says tomorrow.

I don't like him, but sanchez is not terrible.

Luckily for the pats sanchez suffers from a-roid ny pressure.

New york is too big for him and since they are losing now all the blame will fall on his and rex's shoulders.

Wha?

Sanchez consistently completes 50% of his passes, fumbles like he has hands of stone and Tom Bradys 1 year old son has better arm strength.

USC QBs suck. Im not sold on Cassel in KC. He is nothing more than a game Manager.

I hope the jets can beat the Bears and Bills and sneak in. I don't want to see SD in the playoffs if I can help it.

Right now. I am not afraid of the Pats facing anyone especially not the Chargers in New England in January.

Good time to bring back your old thread on Sanchez and the Jets O? :)

I wasn't ready to write him off then, but now...:D

Though the game might have been different had Holmes caught the easy TD pass and the other WRs didn't keep dropping the ball (albeit, constant rain was a big problem), Sanchez gave no reason for the Jets fans to think that he can pull it off.

And, the playcalling and their RBs - whatever happened to their running game?? I am glad LadyT did nothing as usual but wasn't Green supposed to be a premier back that the Jets were so confident about?

Amusing that Ryan in his PC mentioned about how he shudders thinking about the Steelers D. I think he said something like, "... if this - the Fins D - was tough, wait till we come to next week's D."

Poor Fins, get no credit for their stifling D that won them this game.

Elated that the friggn Jesters lost and hope they lose the next three.

wa0eo3.jpg

I cosign this. It dawned on me as I was watching both games unfold that it would be much better for Pats for Jets to make playoffs over Chargers as wild card.

SD and Indy are really the only teams that worry me in the playoffs. I just fear no lead would be safe, as the regular season games vs them confirmed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back