PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Jets offered 2nd rd pick

Status
Not open for further replies.

ChockBlkr

Practice Squad Player
Reaction score
espn just reported that the jets only offered one 2nd rd pick for branch.

You have to admit, it is pretty amazing that the Jets offered $39 million over 6 years (I'd like to see the figures) and a second rounder.

Most fans here (and fans from other teams) would have said "Dream On" to that a week ago.

The 33rd pick in the draft won't be so bad.

I have a feeling the contract they offered is much like the Ty Law one they gave him a couple of decent years. Then fake money for like 4 years.

A deal just to stick it to the Patriots.

Didnt I read somewhere that a lot of that money was in the top 3 years or so though?

Their FO arent exactly cap experts.....

NEM said:
I think we should file a grievance against the Jets, with the NFL, for that absurd offer. ... :D

Apparently they are doing this for an ulterior motive...and Branch is the one getting the shaft...from the Jets and from Chayut.
lol I agree :D

A #2 pick from the Jets seems reasonable compensation. The Pat's aren't going to get a #1 for Branch.

Last edited:
As I mentioned in another thread, I just watched an interview with Mike Tannenbaum during the Jets preseason game. It certainly seems like the Jets are way out of any negotiations at this point, and I got the impression that they never were that serious. If anyone wants the actual transcript, I could go back on my Tivo and look at it.

Again, it was my impression, but it sure seems like they weren't ever very serious about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back