PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Jets OC Brian Schottenheimer has decided to part ways with the team

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Brian Schottenheimer has decided to part ways with the team

Schefter says Haley visiting Jets today.

Former Chiefs HC Todd Haley visiting Jets today. Jets could team Tony Sparano as OC, Haley as asst HC, to repace Brian Schottenheimer.

Man, Shotty Jr has got to be laughing all the way to the bank. He's going to be getting a big chunk of his remaining 2-years pay, AND he's going to be out of that NY/NJ market.

I suspect that wherever he lands he's going to be a happier camper than he has been this past year. The JETS are the NFL's Soap Opera from H3ll.

Schefter says Haley visiting Jets today.

Please, Oh Lord, PLEASE let the JETS hire Haley. That would be like pouring gasoline on a burning fire. One more volatile personality on that team, one more drama queen to add to the collection.

Last edited:

Nope. Tony fist pumping Sparno is your OC.

The future is so bright that Jets fans will be wearing shades!

According to Jets fans Shotty leaving is the one thing that will make the Jets the greatest team, ever.

According to Jets fans Shotty leaving is the one thing that will make the Jets the greatest team, ever.

Well, they have to come up with their yearly delusion. I still chuckle about their proclamation that signing Ty Law would put them over the top!

These Tony Sparano rumors were before Hue Jackson was fired.

Rex wanted Hue Jackson in 2009 when he took the Jets HC job, but Oakland denied it.

Jackson is most likely the #1 target for their new OC.

edit: guess I'm wrong

Anything out of Fatso's mouth should be taken with a pound of salt.

Tubby said Schottenhiemer wouldnt be leaving unless it was for a HCing job.

Nope. Tony fist pumping Sparno is your OC.

Four different spellings of "Sparano" already observed in this thread. Anyone want to go for five?

Anyway, it's a weird move. Sparano is definitely not on the list of people who immediately come to mind when you think the words, "NFL offense." You'd think the Jets would go after a sexier name.

Four different spellings of "Sparano" already observed in this thread. Anyone want to go for five?

Anyway, it's a weird move. Sparano is definitely not on the list of people who immediately come to mind when you think the words, "NFL offense." You'd think the Jets would go after a sexier name.

does it matter? He will be called a different name by Jets fans by week 2 of the 2012 season.

You'd think the Jets would go after a sexier name.

That mass of humanity Sexy Rexy has enough sexiness for an entire coaching staff.

Even last season and extending into this, the great majority of Jet Posters put the failure of the team squarely on Shottenheimer. Many, believe that with a new OC, Sanchez's career will be realized. Myself, I just don't see that happening. You cannot teach accuracy and Sanchez doesn't have the testicular fortitude to measure up to NY Post writers.

The last team that tried this co coordinator crap ended their season 9-7. Although they made the playoffs as a wildcard, which ain't happening in the AFC, they were one and done after their backup QB blew a FG hold. Their record hadn't improved over the prior season, although the coordinator who left them after that season went on to become a superbowl winning HC. The clowns who replaced him were named Sporano and Haley. They were soon gone, as were the former starting QB and the mercurial WR's and the HC - although he only took one of them with him to his next shortlived gig. The other was off to parlay Kurt Warner's final HOF worthy season into his own short lived HCing gig. The only ones still standing there are the former backup QB, who is clinging by a thread, and the GM...who has ultimate job security since he owns the mess.

This desperation move screams Tannenbaum's revisiting his ties to Parcell's. Love it.

Schefters lips to God's ears...

what is this ? AFC East finally decides that they can't beat Pats alone and decide to unite against Bill & Pats :rolleyes:

EDIT: my bad, I have no idea why I mistook Haley to be Buffalo's coach

Last edited:

what is this ? AFC East finally decides that they can't beat Pats alone and decide to unite against Bill & Pats :rolleyes:

Well Rex did stoop to imploring the AFC for help this season in reaching his imaginary goal. I expect this move to be about as helpful as that plea.

EDIT: my bad, I have no idea why I mistook Haley to be Buffalo's coach

No, but Hailey and Gailey was so confusing in KC that one got fired and is still a HC.

Yeah No Chit I Made This Thread At 7am.
Whose D'bag That Moved It Any Respect In Here Or What?

Haley, Sparano and Rexy would be pure entertainment for us. A modern day NFL 3 stooges. Rexy as Curly. Haley as Moe. Sparano as Larry.

If I were the Jets, I'd give Karl Dorrell a shot, though if Sparano is the next OC he'll might bring Dorrell along. He did a pretty good job with Matt Moore.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes