PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Jets "mad backer" promises 'violent' defense

Status
Not open for further replies.
Let's get serious here for a second guys. If the Pats brought in a SILB who promised to play with violence and cause chaos, we would all be avoiding sweatpants for a week. It's something inate in the heart of every linebacker worth his salt to love violence; to love the fight of the game. It's a trait that is valued within the game and one that I personally admire. C'mon fellas, there's nothing wrong with being an intense, emotional player. Frankly, this defense could use more of it.

I prety much agree with you. Scott's a good 3-4 ILB and brings an intensity which is often beneficial at that position. He brings his game every weekend and plays with passion, which is more than you can say for many players. My only real question is that he seems to play a bit too much out of control at times for the Pats' style. But he's undoubtedly a good player, and will improve the Jets. I actually look forward to his going up against him twice a year.

I prety much agree with you. Scott's a good 3-4 ILB and brings an intensity which is often beneficial at that position. He brings his game every weekend and plays with passion, which is more than you can say for many players. My only real question is that he seems to play a bit too much out of control at times for the Pats' style. But he's undoubtedly a good player, and will improve the Jets. I actually look forward to his going up against him twice a year.

=======================================================

I agree Scott would be a bad fit in NE.

Ryans D is much less cerebral.

He just likes to play good old fashioned violent football.

Isn't that a bit redundant? I'm already tired of the "tough guys" culture that Tubby Wrecks is trying to instill with the Green Beans. It's the type of approach teams use when they know they can't out-think or out-scheme an opponent. At least Wrecks recognizes his own limitations and isn't shy about admitting it.

Thanks for summarizing my above post.

Last edited:
Isn't that a bit redundant? I'm already tired of the "tough guys" culture that Tubby Wrecks is trying to instill with the Green Beans. It's the type of approach teams use when they know they can't out-think or out-scheme an opponent. At least Wrecks recognizes his own limitations and isn't shy about admitting it.

=================================================

It is what it is, if you can't out think or out scheme your opponet then you have to outplay them, which requires a lot of motivation.

Jets get no respect, it's there own fault, they are soft.

I welcome Tubby and his new tude.

that's fine.....the jets need someone to offset vernon 'I hate contact' gholston

Scott is an excellent player, and he will no doubt help the Jets D and will bring a level of intensity and intimidation that has been lacking. Give him credit for that.

No argument there at all.

I agree Scott would be a bad fit in NE.

I hate that you constantly play the anti-troll. ;)

This is good stuff. 1/4 of the game plan will be to get Bart and his cartoony-arsed D to hand out free yards via penalties.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Back