PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Jets likely down to just 2 RBs vs. Patriots

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Pats will play their base defense to stop the run the entire game.
Green will have 0 yards rushing but Sanchez will have 800 yards passing.

The patriots are likely to choose to shut down the run and force Sanchez to pass deep and often. So, again a 3rd rate quarterback will likely have a great day. We should be good enough to win.

Well considering that Greene teed off for 150 yards last week, I think he'll be enough for the Jets. Unfortunately for them, the Pats defense is a bad matchup for a big slow powerback. I predict Greene does not sniff 100 yards on our defense, he'll be hard pressed to even get to 80 yards imo.

I'm just not convinced that the Jets will ever allow Tebow to see significant minutes. He'll be a decoy more than anything else. And imo that's just fine. I'd rather face the predictably bad Sanchez for 90% of the snaps. Tebow may not throw the football well, but he makes some crazy plays happen by either using his feet or staying alive long enough for coverage to break down.

Actually that's exactly what we want. Sanchez is third to last in QB Rating, has a completion percentage under 50% and throws a lot of picks as well, only 8tds vs 6 picks. What's not to like?

Sanchez will throw for 250-300 yards and Greene running for under 100... that's a gimme.....can they beat NE is another question.

If I was the Pats DC I would tee off on Sanchez with the D-line, have Spikes spy the RB and play 5 and 6 DBs the entire game.
Greene just ran for 160 yards.

The patriots are likely to choose to shut down the run and force Sanchez to pass deep and often. So, again a 3rd rate quarterback will likely have a great day. We should be good enough to win.
I think they should do the opposite. I think they should focus the game plan on taking away Sanchez. Why? Because he sucks. If you defend him hard he will play horrendously. If you take away the run and make his job easier, its his only chance to be effective.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes