PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Jets hire.... Charley Casserly

My conclusions from many years on this board is
1) that anything the jets do is wrong,
2) that everything the phins is wrong,
3) that almost everything the bills is wrong,
4) NFLN isn't worth watching,
5) ESPN isn't worth watching, and
6) the local media are almost all clueless.

If Bob Kraft signed a consultant from NFLN, it would the considered by many here as a great idea.

Let's be real. The ownership of the jets needs lots of help in deciding how to proceed with their GM, coach and even quarterback. Is the ownership really likely to make worse decisions with some advice from Casserly. The ownership needs to someone to discuss ideas with; their GM is useless.

A fan from one of the very worst organizations in NFL wants to have a discussion. He comes to a place where football MIGHT actually be discussed reasonably. Obviously, jets boards are useless.

Let's be real. The ownership of the jets needs lots of help in deciding how to proceed with their GM, coach and even quarterback. Is the ownership really likely to make worse decisions with some advice from Casserly. The ownership needs to someone to discuss ideas with; their GM is useless.
Well, if you'd think Belichick's impressions of someone is worth anything, then you'd probably want to hire Casserly only to figure out what not to do. . . .

Well, if you'd think Belichick's impressions of someone is worth anything, then you'd probably want to hire Casserly only to figure out what not to do. . . .
I don't think Belichick's public statements mean much all. If belichick thought that hiring Casserly as a consultant to the patriots made sense, he might have done that, statements or no statements.

Woody Johnson: the gift that keeps on giving! Ho, ho, ho...

Is the ownership really likely to make worse decisions with some advice from Casserly.
Quite possibly, yes! Casserly has been out of the NFL for eight years.

The ownership needs to someone to discuss ideas with; their GM is useless.
Casserly arguably is more useless.

There are tons of ex-NFL execs available for consulting who have recent experience, such as Scott Pioli. But I'm glad Woody chose Casserly. He probably figured that since he's on TV, he must know things.

I don't think Belichick's public statements mean much all. If belichick thought that hiring Casserly as a consultant to the patriots made sense, he might have done that, statements or no statements.
And he also dislikes Casserly,
Quite possibly, yes! Casserly has been out of the NFL for eight years.

Casserly arguably is more useless.

There are tons of ex-NFL execs available for consulting who have recent experience, such as Scott Pioli. But I'm glad Woody chose Casserly. He probably figured that since he's on TV, he must know things.
Scott Pioli works for ATLANTA as the assistant general manager.

Whenever they have Charlie Casserly talking football on TV, something always irks me about him.

I hope he still talks like that while he's working for the Jets. :p

="woolster22, post: 4033010, member: 16137"]Herm Edwards.

There was a man with NO respect for the clock. Watching Herm's panicked visage as the clock dropped below 2 minutes made the NFL better than Benny Hill or whatever.
Good Times! Good Times!

And he also dislikes Casserly,

I think there is a line of thinking that Pioli won't be there next year. I'm not sure how solid said thinking is, however. (I don't follow them closely.)

That said, the broader point that there's ... fresher .... minds than Casserly around is still probably a good one.

All in, however, I'm super glad the JEST are bringing him in. Patriots Run the East!

Whenever they have Charlie Casserly talking football on TV, something always irks me about him.
Of course, he sounds just like Colonel Klink without the German accent on that o!d '60s show Hogan's Heroes.

So is Casserly. He wears a toupee.

http://forums.footballguys.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=640278

"Charlie Casserly's hair is bothering me. Anyone that is going to lie about his hair color like that can't be trusted for his scouting/player/draft insight. He reminds me of the old guys on TV talking about POST-T-VAC the Penis PUMP commercials with their old skin and fake hair. Then he'll praise a player I like and I find myself getting alarmed because of his hair and I think he's asking me to take some candy and look at his puppy back in his van."

I'm not sure that it's a toupee. I think it might be just a horrible coloring job. If it were a toupee it would look better. My wife comments on it every time his chocolate brown hair and grey eyebrows grace the screen.

I applaud mr. Johnson acknowledging that he needs help.

But the head scratcher is how he came up with casserley?

Zowie. It took a few months, but you got something right. I stand corrected.

I'm not sure that it's a toupee. I think it might be just a horrible coloring job. If it were a toupee it would look better. My wife comments on it every time his chocolate brown hair and grey eyebrows grace the screen.

Throw some acorns at it. If it jumps off Casserly's skull we'll know it's just a squirrel that's been playing dead all these years.

Zowie. It took a few months, but you got something right. I stand corrected.

That's because he just got himself a seeing eye hamster to help him google stuff.

That's because he just got himself a seeing eye hamster to help him google stuff.
I honestly didn't think Pioli was working for a team since he's been appearing on "Football Night in America." Obviously, he's been having quite an impact with the Falcons. :confused:

He may have been working for the Jets longer than we know

Charley Casserly's 2013 NFL Mock Draft

1. KC - Luke Joeckel OT
2. JAX - Sharrif Floyd DT
3. OAK - Eric Fisher OT ("they need an athletic left tackle" - guess he never heard of Jared Veldheer)
4. PHI - Dee Milliner CB
5. DET - Dion Jordan DE
6. CLE - Jarvis Jones OLB
7. ARZ - Geno Smith QB
8. BUF - Cordarrelle Patterson WR
9. NYJ - Barkevious Mingo OLB
10. TEN - Bjoern Werner DE

[/QUOTE]

http://forum.walterfootball.com/showthread.php?28630-Charley-Casserly-s-2013-NFL-Mock-Draft

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back