PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Jets high on McFadden

Status
Not open for further replies.

JoePats

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
Last edited:
Also, if I were the Jets and McFadden was on the board...

I would trade back a few spots, pick up a 3rd rounder, and take Chris Long...They have some issues on offense obviously, but to me they have good skill guys (save a QB) and need an OL...

If they get Long, they have a stud DL, a stud LB (Harris), a stud CB (Revis) and a stud S (Rhodes)...That's the makings of a really good defense.

Even if the Jets had Jim Brown while he was in his prime, I doubt he could get more than 800 yards behind that OL. The Jets OL is Mangold and the 4 hacks. Those two tackles are weak and the OGs are even worse.
The Jets need 2 quality NFL starting calibre OG's before even thinking about putting an expensive RB out there.

While this may be true, the jets tried this approach a couple of years ago. They used a top pick for a medicre offensive lineman.

Even if the Jets had Jim Brown while he was in his prime, I doubt he could get more than 800 yards behind that OL. The Jets OL is Mangold and the 4 hacks. Those two tackles are weak and the OGs are even worse.
The Jets need 2 quality NFL starting calibre OG's before even thinking about putting an expensive RB out there.

I was frustrated when the niners won over cinci, knocking us from the #2 spot closer to #5. But, I dont think that's such a bad thing, anymore.

There is a plateau of talent after McFadden and Dorsey which runs half a dozen players deep.

CLong is highly regarded, but how much of a dropoff is there, really, between him and Calais Campbell as a prospect? Campbell is taller and longer, which is something BB likes in his pass rushers because it puts the tipped pass into play.

If we pick at #4, at least one of McFadden, Dorsey, Long and Long will drop. I think we could take any one of them and be quite pleased with the pick, both near and long term.

You've made your point. If indeed there is a plateau after the first six, then I think that I'd like to get one fo the first six. I agree that it wouldn't be terrible to be 5th, but 8th or 10th might mean a considerable drop in talent.

I was frustrated when the niners won over cinci, knocking us from the #2 spot closer to #5. But, I dont think that's such a bad thing, anymore.

There is a plateau of talent after McFadden and Dorsey which runs half a dozen players deep.

CLong is highly regarded, but how much of a dropoff is there, really, between him and Calais Campbell as a prospect? Campbell is taller and longer, which is something BB likes in his pass rushers because it puts the tipped pass into play.

If we pick at #4, at least one of McFadden, Dorsey, Long and Long will drop. I think we could take any one of them and be quite pleased with the pick, both near and long term.

everyteam is gonna be high on him. hes a great back..a team like the Chargers will be high on him even with LT..why? Because its great talent and everyone appreciates it. doesnt mean they'll take him though

I was hearing from sources, the Rams may look to trading out of the number 2 spot if Miami does not select McFadden. Cap wise is the reason.

If I were the Rams GM, I would rather trade down, and hope to get Vernon Gholston.

I was hearing from sources, the Rams may look to trading out of the number 2 spot if Miami does not select McFadden. Cap wise is the reason.

If I were the Rams GM, I would rather trade down, and hope to get Vernon Gholston.

Carriker is playing DT for you? if so..i think him and Wroten are gonna be very good in future. Hows Wroten doing btw? what about Victor Avendaju..(spelling)

looks like u have a good future DL. Shouldnt u draft an OL like Long/Otah/Cherrilous in round 1? Pace is getting older and injury prone..you have weapons on O but our OL injuries are killing u

Carriker is playing DT for you? if so..i think him and Wroten are gonna be very good in future. Hows Wroten doing btw? what about Victor Avendaju..(spelling)

looks like u have a good future DL. Shouldnt u draft an OL like Long/Otah/Cherrilous in round 1? Pace is getting older and injury prone..you have weapons on O but our OL injuries are killing u

Victor Adeyanju is a solid run defender, but not really a pass rusher. But the one problem we have, the Rams got no pass rushers. James Hall has been banged up. And Leonard Little is showing some age. I do feel there is some quality OLinemne in the later rounds, like Heath Benedict OT Newberry, who I like for us to grab in round 3. I do feel that Pace's health will be questioned, but I can see us signing a free agent OT like Max Starks of the Steelers or Sean Locklear of the Seahawks to fill the gap, and Alex Barron could play some OT as well. But as most know, real good pass rushers are really hard to find, and as I mentioned, with Little's health in question, we will als be on the hunt for a pass rushing guy, and Gholston in my mind fits the bill.

jets are in serious trouble and i contend mangini is making them worse not better. playoffs last year was a fluke based on one win in a mud-bowl in new england and the 2nd easiest schedule in the nfl. this year's 3 & 11 jets are the real mangini. drafting has been terrible as d'brick has been d'bust. FA moves have misfires: get a back to offset the speedy but small washington but going after the speedy but small jones? and mangini's coaching is nothing but a substitute for gimmicks over talent. this team is a mess that's only going to get worse

Hasn't Wroten been suspended yet again? I don't think he's long for this league.

Facing McFadden 2 weeks in a season is going to be a real pain in the neck. That guy is the real deal.
I think if the Jets take him, they can also pick up some good OL in the 2nd/3rd rounds no?

Not to mention they already have a guy named Steven Jackson. :p

Last edited:
Facing McFadden 2 weeks in a season is going to be a real pain in the neck. That guy is the real deal.

is he? i don't think the marcus allen-type frame of 6'2" 210 works in the nfl anymore. and as much as i love watching the guy run i have to question how long even adrian peterson lasts at 6'1" 215. over the years the model RB has emerged as something less than 6', and something close to 220 lbs. emmitt smith, barry sanders, joseph addai, priest holmes, clinton portis, etc etc. i think they're less injury prone and they also are better pass blockers as their smaller stature allows them to gain leverage against taller pass rushers. i think if you look over a 10-year horizon the best back taken in last year's draft may just be buffalo's marshawn lynch, and in next year's draft it won't be mcfadden.

Can Lynch make it through a complete 16 game season uninjured?

McFadden brings speed, power, vision, pass catching, blocking and occasionally throwing to the table. He had an 1800 yard season in the SEC. He made the best defense in college football look slow (LSU game). Last season he made Peterson look like the second best back in college.

Barring injury, I would be shocked if he is anything other than spectacular next season.

I think if the Jets take him, they can also pick up some good OL in the 2nd/3rd rounds no?

McFadden is good trade bait, so for a team looking to get him, and the Jets who I expect to draft McFadden is behind us one slot. We are at number 2, and the Jets got the 3rd pick. Any team want McFadden should be talking to us, because teams won't have to trade as much to move up and take Miami's spot, plus with Parcells, he is not known to draft RBs in round 1, as he passed on Steven Jackson, and took Julius Jones in round 2.

McFadden is good trade bait, so for a team looking to get him, and the Jets who I expect to draft McFadden is behind us one slot. We are at number 2, and the Jets got the 3rd pick. Any team want McFadden should be talking to us, because teams won't have to trade as much to move up and take Miami's spot, plus with Parcells, he is not known to draft RBs in round 1, as he passed on Steven Jackson, and took Julius Jones in round 2.

From your perspective, the danger isn't in Parcells drafting a RB number one, it's in his trading the #1 pick for someone who will. Before the draft, nobody is going to trade up with the Rams for the #2 pick to get McFadden knowing that somebody can trade with the Dolphins and leapfrog them.

Last edited:
From your perspective, the danger isn't in Parcells drafting a RB number one, it's in his trading the #1 pick for someone who will. Before the draft, nobody is going to trade up with the Rams for the #2 pick to get McFadden knowing that somebody can trade with the Dolphins and leapfrog them.

Someone would have to pay a ton (valuewise)to get the number 1 spot, but it would be cheaper to play your cards, then jump at the Rams spot, where the value is conderably cheaper when making a trade. Plus, the Dolphins can't move too far down to get Glenn Dorsey.

Last edited:

Are you Mcfaddens agent? The kid has yet to play a down in the NFL. Im not saying he is not a great talent. But you cant say he is going to be a great NFL player until he proves it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots